Sthurprise TREAT ACTION

It was a just another NORMAL day in the homecage of Lucy the ham.

When suddenly, she looked up…!

070129_lucy_020

HOLY SMOKE-A-ROONIES. The most delectabuhl treat in all the LAND

070129_lucy_006

Ehn! I MOST REACSSSH

070129_lucy_015_2

The delectabuhl-ness… She is SO CLOSE [Please take note of petite tailio]

070129_lucy_007

WHO is DEE BOSS NOW, TONY DANZA!?

[biting plastic rim, hoists self up with promise of delectabuhl morsels]

070129_lucy_018

KRONSCHE!!! [repeat]

070129_lucy_006

Jessica W. What a friggin’ gem we found in the archive. Hot damn.

Comments

1. warrior rabbit says:

Whoa — it’s acroham! Is this part of the Olympic trials for Beijing?

2. berthaslave says:

That’s one of the most wonnerful bedtime stories ever! Somebody make a slide show with tinkly pian-ah music!

3. berthaslave says:

Don Adams voice:

“Missed it by that much.”

Now that I’ve had another few secs to think about it — is this what we call the willing suspension of nom-relief? (ducking pudding)

4. Oh..my…goodness.
    Can I steal her, please?
    I want a ham, in that EXACT coloring. I’ve never seen one with a gray tummeh!

5. Awww! My hamster Binky used to do that. It’s so cute.

6. In the third photo, does anyone else get the urge to just pet her soft tummy? I want to know what will happen if I rub her tummy against my ham’s softest tummy really quickly. : )

7. In the third photo, does anyone else get the urge to just pet her soft tummy? I want to know what will happen if I rub her tummy against my ham’s softest tummy really quickly. : )

8. In the third photo, does anyone else get the urge to just pet her soft tummy? I want to know what will happen if I rub her tummy against my ham’s softest tummy really quickly. : )

9. In the third photo, does anyone else get the urge to just pet her soft tummy? I want to know what will happen if I rub her tummy against my ham’s softest tummy really quickly. : )

10. In the third photo, does anyone else get the urge to just pet her soft tummy? I want to know what will happen if I rub her tummy against my ham’s softest tummy really quickly. : )

11. In the third photo, does anyone else get the urge to just pet her soft tummy? I want to know what will happen if I rub her tummy against my ham’s softest tummy really quickly. : )

12. GO LUCY GO!!!!!

13. My, nom nom nom, very own Donner Kebab.

14. warrior rabbit says:

Donner kebab? Uh, well, hams *have* been known to eat their young…

(Yes, I know what you mean. There’s one n and an umlaut on the o. One’s Turkish food and the other’s a really unpleasant extended family meal.)

15. Why was a picture posted twice in that? xD
    Picture 2 and then the last one.

16. berthaslave says:

Look again, GreyCat…it’s two different photos. How many differences can you see? (Highlights Magazine rules!)

#1) Check our relative positions of nosies vs. toesies….

17. Cue Rocky Music People…. Feeeling Strong Now…

18. berthaslave, how did you know I was bad at those? I still can’t see it.
    They look exactly the same. ^>x< ^

19. Little pink clenched toeses! Little grey exposed tummy! Utter concentration on the getting of treats! Ahn!

20. Greycat, I agree, it is the same picture. Some times I think the same pic is repeated so one looks through them as a kind of animation from top to bottom. Ham up, ham down. (wax on, wax off?)

21. HAMSTAH BELLEH.

::wants to tickle it::

22. Wow! A new diet trend. Think how much weight you’d loose if you had to work that hard to get at your food. (Attaches Milky Ways to the ceiling and commences chin-ups)

23. Wow! A new diet trend. Think how much weight you’d loose if you had to work that hard to get at your food. (Attaches Milky Ways to the ceiling and commences chin-ups)

24. Wow! A new diet trend. Think how much weight you’d loose if you had to work that hard to get at your food. (Attaches Milky Ways to the ceiling and commences chin-ups)

25. Apologies for the triple post. TypePad gone wild.

26. no, no 2 and the last one is the same – I swears!

I heart Lucy!

27. Where is the “Ehn!”?

28. I swear, I can’t decide which is cuter–the teeny tiny tailio or the teeny tiny tosies!

29. So cute! How unfair having to work so hard for her food, the poor thing!

Greycat, it is the same pic. The pic label is the same 070129_lucy_006.jpg.

30. become one with the treat. ohmmm.

31. No, Jen. It’s n’ohmmm.

32. Momof2kitties says:

Talk about yer cute drumstix. Check out pic #3.
    O.
    M.
    G.
    Must nom…

33. Theresa, it’s there, look again…

34. ThreeCatNight says:

Another talented and lovable redhead named Lucy.
    I award her the Gold Medal in the “Food Acrobatic” competition. Good show, Lucy!

35. lawdy…that wore me OUT!

36. Girl, you bettah WORK.

To get that treat.

37. Why is my head spinning now?!

Okay, I just have to point out the superb PEENKNESS of Lucy. The peenk toes. Peenk tail. Peenk schnozzle. Oh dear gawd, even peenkness in the belly.

38. I went to an exercise class last week where we had to do ab kronsches. Treats hanging from the ceiling might have helped…no, they wouldn’t have.

Is this a hamstertracker Lucy?

39. And oh…Cirque du Soleilseeds.

40. Jess <3's Sandy,
    If your hammy is a boy hammy and you rub his gray tummy against Lucy’s gray tummy really quickly, you end up with lots more bebbeh tummies in the future! I say let’s give it a try. Hammies all around.

41. berthaslave says:

Actually, I stand corrected — I think they are the same. 2 and 4 are different, but 2 and 6 are the same. Doesn’t matter, though. It’s like that shot of Bela Lugosi walking out of the graveyard in “Plan 9 From Outer Space,” I think Ed Wood uses the same shot ten times.

42. I love her cute tum. My hammy Sir Hamlet Peanut hangs like that off the top bars of his house with one paw. I think he does this to torment the cat.

43. AuntieMame says:

44. Mary (the first) says:

I vote for the pink toesies as cutest part of the photos. It seems a little mean of the people to put the food out of reach unless they do it purposely to get her to exercise. (I would certainly get more exercise if I had to climb for food.. instead of just drive through for it .. )

45. Wow, I guess I need to go shopping after work to get one of these spectacularly delicious treats for my mouse!

Oh, and want to kiss the hamster belleh.

46. nads, the name Sir Hamlet Peanut ROCKS!

47. Nads… After having lived with a couple of rats I am sure teasing the Cat is what your hammie is doing .

Oh and I agree with Brinn Sir Hamlet Peanut is an excellent name for a hammy. hehehe

48. Hanging Tockage.

49. Look at his wee little tail nubby!!!! So cute!!

50. Poor girl; she can’t even reach it.

51. I think I need one of those.

52. LOL! My hams used to love these things! It was a feast fest when I stuck these in the cage…how cute!

53. AuntieMame wrote: “I need one of those in my office cube, so I can get my snack and my exercise at the same time.”

I think someone should create human-sized exercise wheels, too! I’d use one in my cube!

54. Of course, with my luck, the guy in the cube next to me would have a wheel that squeeks.

55. Oh, no. Please lower the treat for Lucy for easy access! This is mean.

56. Ticktack, I think for them it’s like a game, and also a bit of exercise. It’s not mean, just like having your cat chase a toy on the end of a string isn’t mean. It’s just play to them.

57. Ticktack, I think maybe a squirrel would be a better example. If there’s food, they’ll find a way to get it. They’re very clever.

58. Good gravy. That’s like enrichment from hell.

59. Don’t worry about this being “mean”… to the hammie it is just a challenge – a tasty one at that. And yes they think it’s fun too. Gives them something different to do.

BTW… photo 2 and the last one are the same. Even the hover-text eludes to it. :)

60. I want to tickle the armpits! God knows why….

61. Been there done that spb. :D

Yeah, it looks like a lot of fun. Think of having a kid on monkey bars and they just get a treat when on the top.

62. CheshireCat says:

I’m loffing teh peenk muzzlepouch.

63. I wanna tickle the little hamster armpits. What? Noone else is with me on that one?

64. OMG!!! On pic #4, you must get a COXCU of the back toe grippage!

65. Loved it and the comments here are hilarious!!

66. Daphne Moss says:

Mean?? By no means!! I love how you can just FEEL Lucy’s delight at suddenly “finding” this treat. The captioning is priceless.
    LOVE this! It sure brightened my day! ;-)

67. Gail,
    Oops, missed your armpit comment before I posted mine. Here’s the deal, you can take one little hammy armpit and I’ll take the other, k?

68. It looks like an oatmeal bar (slurp!)

69. Must z’bert that belleh!!

70. Daphne Moss says:

*wish Lucy weighted 200 pounds and ate spammers …*

71. I agree with you Daphne. Don’t mind cruelty to them since they don’t qualify as sentient beings.

72. Hey! I just watched the cutest video! Check out the latest adventure of Mookie and Sam (two of the world’s cutest dogs) on youtube. Their new video is called “Sam goes to Texas” and it’s really funny!

Don’t forget to check out their website for more!

73. Daphne and Kar — that isn’t Lucy’s job, y’know, but no worries.

[OM NOM NOM NOM]

74. what is that treat? nuts?

75. this is almost the cuttest thing on this site i would gve you an 8 if we were on that animal staz or wateva thats called

76. aw these pics make me sad :( i used to have a hamster who looked just like this one but she didn’t have a gray tummy she was reallu chubby like this one too i want my hamster back :(

77. yet another michelle says:

Lub da belleh! I keep coming back to look at it…