Young’ins bound for boxhab

[shaking head] it’s a shame to see such young, young, kittehs start off on the wrong foot. They’re obviously overdosing on boxes—TOGETHER!—at such a young age. Tsk.

Boxhabbound

You can’t even tell WHO IS WHO in there, Heather R.! And don’t even tell me that’s a Kleenex box.

// UPDATE — thanks to Vicky Mowrer and her Kittenex! //

Comments

1. cuteee

2. you forgot to bleen!

oh yeah…i think the white one is in the box…

3. I dunno, Meg. Just like those anit-smoking ads, these boxhab info spots are really really really making me want to try boxes.

I mean, they LOOK happy and warm and cared for, right? I have yet to see the dark side.

I’m onna look fer a box.

4. I just want a box that dispenses kittens.

5. OMG, that is the awesomest thing ever. Kudos to whoever grabbed the camera for it.

6. luckycliff says:

they’re tired from watching football all day, poor things.

7. That’s one white and one clouded marmie IN the box, and the other two outside.

8. Kitty pile!! Kitty pile! What I wouldn’t give to be on the bottom on that!

9. paulajeanne says:

Cuddle puddle! Cuddle puddle! Took me a bit to realize there were 4 in the pile, my mind kept adding up heads wrong!

10. DaytimeDeb says:

This has to be softer than 3-ply — but won’t help people with allegies too much when they go to blow their noses!

11. paulajeanne says:

Oh my, I had to go back and gaze again with a big grin on my face! Let’s see, the three on the bottom must be in the box, poor kitty on top couldn’t squish himself in! Overflow!

12. DaytimeDeb says:

paulajeanne, I don’t think the one on top really wants in the box…. See how he is holding down the tabby, and laying across the other two so they can’t get out of the box? He’s the box pusher. He’s the one the mama cats warned their kitties about.

13. I, too, got the count wrong at first, by mistaking the white kitty for tissues.

What this photo says to me is, we need a commission to address the tragic box shortage problem that causes 4 kitties to have to share a box. We need “boxes for kitties” collection bins at stores and malls so excess boxes can be contributed to kitty-box relief efforts.

If we all pull together, we can have it down to 3 kitties per box in no time.

Thank you for your support.

14. I really, really want to rub them all over my face. I’ll sneeze for a week but I don’t care. Kittens! In my face!

15. fish eye no miko says:

Ok, I count four heads but only one body. Is this like some cute, feline version of Cerberus…?

16. Its a kitteh mosh pit!

17. Eek! It’s Cerberus’ rival, the four-headed kitteh!

18. they miss their mom from the inside out

19. berthaslave says:

In my own personal dictionary, this is the picture I find next to the definition of the word “heaven.”

20. what when you need to snorgle a kitten you just pull one out a box, but they still tend to grow up is there a refile box for big kittehs ??????

21. They learned it by watching you. :(

This boxhab thing is awesome.

22. I refuse to believe that this picture exists. It may throw my belief system into chaos…

23. bookmonstercats says:

I want them all, tissue-boxed up, natch, but if I can’t have them all, I want the giant-eared, flopping marmie with the opposable front legs.

24. Wait, how many of those legs are actually attached to the marmalade kitten?

PLEASE tell me this pic is going in the calendar. :)

25. metsakins says:

It’s the stuff on TV these days. I tell ya, when I was growin’ up there was none of these programs on TV. and QVC is the worst, all the stuff comes in boxes!

26. -Steals the white kitteh, and the cloudeh Marmie- ..You dunno HOW badly I want my own cat, one that’ll snorgle with me at night. My sisters sleeps with her and i ish all alone.

27. confused.brit says:

Kittypile!!!!

28. GAHHHH! I can’t stand it.

I wonder, though…was there a hissing, biting, kitty-slapping brawl going on right before this? I’d imagine competition for the prized box must be fierce, but it looks like they all conked out mid-fight. I’m sure hostilities will resume when one of them wakes up.

29. Mrs. Catlabash says:

I am looking at that exact same Kleenex box right now, and mine does not have one seengle keetayhn inside! Foul, I say! I shall have words immediately with the Kleenex Corporation! Hrmph! Talk about false advertising.

a) That’s not even the jumbo-sized box.
    b) I love how Ginger Kitty is convincing herself she’s actually in the box. Well, maybe she’s got her right arm in the box, can’t really tell.
    c) How do they do that? Four kittehs in a 180-count box. Now if it were the 200-count, they’d fit purrfectly, of course, but the 180-count, silly kittehs, everyone knows that’s for 3 kittehs max.
    d) Is that wired into their brains, the compulsion to squeeze into the most ridiculously tiny enclosure possible?

30. Nicolletta says:

Pile ‘O Fluffy Kittehs! *dives in and snorgles*

31. Yes, as noted by others this is a 4 headed kitten:
    Furburrus the 4 headed kitten, destroyer of tissues, vanquisher of naps.

32. OMG, catablob: Furburrus = amazing!

[Seconded, Brinn... - Ed.]

33. Kitty pile!

Despite being 4 kitties put together, this kitty pile takes up a total floor surface space of five square inches.

Observe.

34. This is officially the cutest thing EVAR! If I came across this Phenomenon of Cuteness in person, I may have fainted dead away.

35. I want in that box. I want to snorgle the adorableness!

36. easy-breezie kitten dispenser.
    available at your local
    K-Marche’.

37. There are TWO DISEMBODIED HEADS in there. I repeat, two disembodied heads. Perhaps a box addiction is more dangerous than we thought.

38. First I thought “aww, two kittens in a kleenex box” Then I looked again and thought “Hey – there’s three!” Then…OMG…four?!?!?!? I’m almost afraid to look again.

39. Quadratic Snorgleage.

40. Karen in Toronto says:

My kittehs came from a deprived environment (1 – Mom didn’t know 6-month-old girls got pregnant; 2 – found under a dumpster in a puddle). So they don’t know this stuff. They do like the armchairs, though.

41. Pearl Ostroff says:

That is so adorable. I think this picture is to blame.

After I saw it and pined for a kitten, a friend sent me pictures of kittens that had been left in a bag at a door. I succumbed. Maine Coons like my Riley.

42. Vicky Mowrer says:

Just wanted to let you all know.. those were my kittens. I certainly don’t mind sharing the photo with you all, although I wasn’t the sender inner. All of these kittens were Polys, as is their mom. The marmie and white showed his manx daddy trait with no tail and the downward slope.. the tortie had a 1/2 tail and is a beautiful cat.. the white one ended up with orange ears, tails, and a basket full of tricks, and the marmie on top is the biggest luv you’d ever want to meet. Any one wanting to see more of these guys please see me at http://pets.webshots.com/album/555286799UDrtvr . And yes, folks that IS a kleenex box…lol their most favorite toy. Thanks again for who ever sent this in for me… I’m so very glad to be part of this group.

43. Vicky Mowrer says:

44. Polys?
    You mean, like Polydactyl?
    OMG. How could you even leave the house or go to sleep for fear of missing one tiny moment of cute.

45. Holy McCRAPPULENCE!
    People, do not click on that link, unless you are willing to be
    completely undone with cuteness.

46. radiantblue says:

Whenever I have bad day.A Horrible day, All I have to do is come home, sit in front of my puter, click on Cute Overload and say Ohhhhhnnnn, how cute, adorable, precious. and before I know it I feel human again. I love this site. It is therapy for the masses. Keep it up.

47. Daphne Moss says:

I couldn’t agree more, RadiantBlue. This site reminds me that the world also contains wonderful critters and people … against all evidence to the contrary.

48. CheshireCat says:

OMG, this is just tooo moishe. If you could see me right now I’d have leetle hearts in my eyes instead of pupils.

49. I cannot get over how very ORNJ that top kitteh is!

50. That link to Vicky’s series of photos makes me think that Meg can finally retire. I think my empty cute hole has finally been filled poimanently!

51. awwww! You folks must visit the link!
    Baby Poly toes!

52. More kittehs in different boxes on the link!!

Do these boxaholics need an intervention, Dr. Phil?

53. Photoshopped.

54. The longer I look, the more kitties I see! Kleenex Kitties? Just don’t pull one out to sneeze on!!

55. marmosquirm says:

My kitties used to do the same thing when they were baby kitties! That’s so sweet, it reminds me of how tiny my babies were.

56. *PFFFIZZT* < ----That was my head sploding....
    The cuteness of it all you see.

57. bananasforbunnies says:

Pearl,
    How many kittens did you rescue?

58. aaahhhh. finally something soft and warm to dab the cuteness-induced tears from my eyes. sweeeeeet.

59. Pearl Ostroff says:

I am taking one of them. Her name is Cleopatra. The other also has a home. They are about 4 or 5 months old. My poor Riley, who is about 15, will have his naps disrupted.

60. I think they look like something from MC Escher. A confusing array of kittehs, and Too cute!

61. vicky, i stumbled upon those adorablabble lumps of fluff and I had to share then with the cutemmunity. Thanks for having beatiful kittens.

62. Aww!! Aren’t they just precious? haha! I love how the white and (disembodied) marmie ones have sort of zonked out in the box! Plus, I agree with lemura. I, also, have yet to see the dark side of “boxhab”!