I do NOT have a problem YOU have a problem

Kitteh: The desire to get inside and be inside a box whenever possible is NOT a problem. I repeat, YOU have the problem—did you ever think that being OUTSIDE of a box was actually the problem? Why don’t you think about THAT?

IMG_0584.JPG, originally uploaded by XPav.

Alex P., Your kitteh is going STRAIGHT to 130-day Boxhab treatment at Promises. It’s for the best.

Comments

1. possumpiratess says:

I think this description is probably the funniest I think I ever read.

And…it made me think.

2. Jeff Conaway kitteh smuggles boxes into boxhab.

3. I would suggest that perhaps kitties have some sort of genetic inclination for cardboard, but today, my cat spent a good amount of time in a rubbermaid storage tub, so I’m afraid the kitty-box-syndrome will always remain a mystery!

4. Ah, I’ll have to send in some of the pictures of my tuxedo kitty. He fits in to any and every box that he possibly can, and he fits in ones that he also should not. He loves to squish into the boxes from the Snapple we buy, which are hardly cat-sized.

5. bookmonstercats says:

“Furthermore”, says kitteh, “I have even less of a problem than you do, because I am matchinks with the box, and you aren’t.”

Taj, I am trying to imagine what a “rubbermaid storage tub” is…… I’ve gone very quiet now.

6. bookmonstercats says:

Pssssttt! Meg! *looks around furtively* Should this be posted in “Pups”?

7. BOXHAB!!! I LOVE BOXHAB!!!

8. possumpiratess says:

Yeah. He does looks yellowy. Totally matchingks. In fact, how did you get into my house?-for that is surely one of my tabbies. Foxy.
    And yes. Miss Fox does like to be in a box.
    Rubbermaid storage tubs are a fan favorite here as well. With some careful cutting and added insulation, they make excellent outdoor feral cat cold weather shelters, BTW.

9. Needs more Schubert and Mozart. You know, for thinking outside the Bachs.

10. Um, yeah, my tortie needs to go to boxhab… I keep trying to store up boxes bcause we are going to move in about a year and I am a packrat… but she first sheds in them and then sprays in them even tho she has a perfectly clean litter box… Sigh

11. possumpiratess says:

Right on, Ann! My girls are way worse than the fellas with the marking. Gah!
    Try flattening the boxes and storing them away.

Guido: oy.

12. Brandi Lee says:

They tried to make me go to boxhab i said no no no….I have 25 kittys..not one box makes it into the house that is not instantly claimed….they barley wait for us to get the stuff out…there is one in the living room now that has been there 3 weeks lol they take turns getting in …..

13. The perspective is weird. Kitteh looks like he’s four inches tall.

14. metsakins says:

Solomon agrees completely with the need to go to boxhab. I asked Miss huggums what she thinks, but she just burrowed deeper into the shoebox that is currently her bed.

15. he swears he’s just working on his design submishe for the admissions committee at the miauhaus school

16. Keith Handy — yes! It’s like one of those Science Centre optical illusions where the walls and floors are all wonky so normal-sized people look like dolls or giants, depending on where they stand.

I would go to the Science Centre more often if it had kittehs in boxes.

Also, I would like a four-inch tall kitteh to bring to work.

17. How do I submit something to this site?

Here is what I wanted to submit:

18. metsakins says:

manoj – look down the side of the screen on your right for “Got Cute”

19. dharlan1too says:

The Look? Total indignation with a hint of pitty for those outside looking in.

20. lol, i love that these people found their cat inside a giant double-corrigated box…. get me in on soma that!!!!!

21. circuscake says:

sigh. my cat never goes into boxes. maybe it’s ’cause he seems to think he’s a dog.

shouldn’t this be a new catagory by now?

22. Hee. Looks just like my Gravy. She luvs the boxes too.

23. [plays brush snare for Brandi Lee]

…because I never learned to play the upright bass (oh no)

24. berthaslave says:

“Boxhab” should definitely be a cat-egory!

Bertha is not one for the boxes. She doesn’t even claw them. She just stays away. She saw all of those anti-box commercials in the 1980s, you know:

“This is your cat.”
    “This is your cat in a box.”

Any questions?

25. Then I think my kitty will need to be treated for multiple addictions. It’s not just boxes and bags that she must climb into it’s all paper.

26. Judging by that photo, the kitty’s name must be McGrumperson. LOL.

27. Kids, this is NOT corporate america here! It’s OK for the Kitteh to think INSIDE the box!

Hey Mano – cute hybernator! Contrats on cracking the site submich loop!

28. The science museum called. They want their optical illusion back.

29. As the sender-in, camera operator, and owner of the kitty in question, I approve of the kitty going to boxhab.

30. metsakins says:

Alex – i lubs your kitteh

31. Has anyone seen Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories “How to Determine the Volume of Your Cat.”? I’ve actually used it to come up with a pattern for a bed I was making for my cat.
    :D

Taj: Rubbermaid is a brand name or many possible brands…(We tend to call any of them “Rubbermaid” though. Just as tissue has become “Kleenex”, and plasters have become “Band -aids)

and they’re various sized plastic containers with separate plastic snap on lids, very good for storing things AWAY from kitty hair, bugs, moisture and what not.

Small ones maybe for food items, bigger ones for my yarn stash, and other craft supplies, bigger ones for “summer clothes” stored during the winter…

32. blair: Miauhaus! HAH! :D

33. “what the??. I get in zee box , and some silly human sticks their ugly face in the box and says how “cute” I am. Then they flash a bright light and try to get me OUT of the box. Sickening! I will gladly to to your Boxhab!”

34. My friend has a theory: if you put giant wooden crates out on the African savanna, you’d probably return to see lions sitting in each of them. I think someone should try it. In the name of scientific research, of course.

35. (Still looking for a “me” sized box to begin therapy in…)

36. I second that, A thinker. I want to see giant kitties squished into not-quite-giant-enough boxes!

37. charliewabba says:

Berthaslave – those “Partnership for a Box-Free America” commercials actually worked on Bertha?
    My own cats seem to be more partial to cooking vessels than boxes.
    And, um, Meg? (whispers) “pups?”
    Or is that a very subtle thinking outside the box reference?

38. charliewabba says:

Oh, and I love the giant-crates-on-the-savannah idea. Let’s get a grant.

39. Oh noes! I’m an enabler to my kitties! I make them stuff from cardboard boxes, they love it and it’s cheap. Plus, when they destroy it, you can recycle it! http://www.wikihow.com/make-cat-jungle-gyms-and-playgrounds

40. ThreeCatNight says:

Collapse-a-Cat. Perfect for those cats who just won’t do for a regular carrier. Ventilated, padded, and fitted with a pop-out food dish (dry food only). When you care enough to send only the most particular cats, rely on Collapse-a-Cat to satisfy your needs. Now at discerning pet stores near you!

41. I want to see a cat inside a box inside a box inside a box.

42. trin – you didn’t mention cats in your list of things that go in rubbermaid boxes. I certainly find cats in mine.

BTW, I’d love to see your cat bed…maybe even post it on EMSL. Would you send me a picture? Pretty please?

43. Rachel of Cyberia says:

Jim Profit kitty WILL be VP of Acquisitions!

44. My kitty needs a bit of box aversion therapy herself. However, her true favorites are the bathroom sink and my collapsible laundry basket (y’know, the ones with wire edges that are made of fabric). She doesn’t care if there’s already laundry in the basket – in she hops!

45. Bookmonstercats, I was thinking more along the lines of this: http://www.rubbermaid.com

But I think I like your imagination much better!

46. Boxhab NEEDS to be a category.

47. bookmonstercats says:

Thank you, Taj. Phew!! What a relief. Boxes to put things in was the last thing I would have thought of with a name like that. I was frightened to Google it!

48. yet another michelle says:

Ok usually my 14 year old son will make fun of my CO perusing and generally throw some testoster’tude my way if he wants to use the computer and I’m surfing CO. But this picture won him over. He was ROTFLOL at this one an Meg’s witty captioning. Then he sat for about a 1/2 hour and browsed CO. He has deemed CO worthy of LLF (Lulz Liberation Front) sponsorship.

Thank you CO, for bridging the teenage testosterone gap. Thank you.

49. Forget thinking outside the Bachs… Erwin Schrodinger called, he’s missing a cat.

Maybe.

50. Here;s my question…I have rabbits and they love being under things, (and in things, like boxes) because its like they are hiding from hawks and other prey animals. But cats are basically predators, no?…so why do they have such an affinity for boxes??? I’m sincerely curious.

51. That kitty sounds just like Martin Short as Nathan Thurm, the sleazy, overly-defensive lawyer who always tries to point the finger of blame back at the accuser.

52. Rachel of Cyberia says:

Katie, cats like to pretend that the box is a cave and the itty-bitty-kitty is a big strong wild saber tooth cat.

53. Sigint: Uh, Snake… What are you doing?

Snake: I’m in a box.

Sigint: A cardboard box? Why are you…?

Snake: I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge – more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Sigint: Destiny…?

Snake: Yeah. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can’t put it into words. I feel… safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I’d found the key to true happiness.

Sigint: …

Snake: Does any of that make sense?

Sigint: Not even a little.

Snake: You should come inside the box… Then you’ll know what I mean.

- Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater

54. CheshireCat says:

I don’t have that problem Mr. kitteh, if there’s a human-sized box lying around I hop in, wait for somebody to walk past….aand BOOM! I jump out and scare the heck out of them, well mehbeh not the heck…mehbeh just the purgatory, but at least they don’t just shake their heads and look at me despairingly, nope they never do that!

55. That’s it. We need a new category: Boxhab.

And why is this post under “PUPS”?!

56. I can see it coming.

This kitteh will leave boxhab early while blaming it all on a Meow Mix imbalance, cruise around town at all hours whilst being chased by the pupperazzi, getting high on catnip at Petco, and dropping into random CVS and Rite-Aids in the Valley to buy Tidy Cat and Slim Jims. And that’s not counting the protacted court battle with that Tom Cat who left her with a litter of kittens but now just wants her Cat Chow.

Sad, really. ::shakes head::

57. Hate to be a nuff but… I think kitteh has a valid point.

@bdwilcox: Yes! “I’m not defensive, YOU’RE defensive!”)

58. Marcel you have returned as a cat and recreated your finest work.

59. Hehe, the cats here really seem to have box addictions.

But why is this under “Pups”?

60. Diana THat whole thought prc=ocess escaped me but it think it is becasue the kitty is inside the box verses out side the box… and stay with me here
    by being inside the box he is actually thinking outside of the box and therefore due to the pathagorean therum he is really a dog. ; )

But I could be wrong on that.

61. catforchanel says:

I see the look of determination, yet repose in this kitty’s eyes. He is demonstrating in his own quiet way respect for Martin Luther King. I WILL NOT BE MOVED.

62. Bravo Annie! But your forgot to mention Schrödinger: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger's_cat

63. I can has typo? Grr, *you* forgot, not your.

64. Why don’t you come on in here and MAKE me get outta teh box human?
    (scything claw action)

65. He’s in too deep. I don’t think there is any possibility of recovery. Maybe with a tracking number.

66. Super-glowing eyes nice touch

67. Hey! I just watched the cutest video! Check out the latest adventure of Mookie and Sam (two of the world’s cutest dogs) on youtube. Their new video is called “Sam goes to Texas” and it’s really funny!

Don’t forget to check out their website for more!

68. I was wondering why was this picture in the ‘pups’ section? Cause uh, there’s no ‘pup’ in this picture! Not that the human eye could see at least.
    Maybe superman….

69. They tried to send me to box-hab, but I said noooo noooo nooo!

70. brinnann says:

Teho, why is dis kitteh in teh “Pups” CATegory?

71. What kitteh? All I see is that boxer there.

(OK, no idea. Fixing…)