Nyerhe! [Paw over face]

Please get a load of this lil’ Princess Di eye action… Oy vey, that is POTENT.

Ticker10

Nicole B., the green eyes add to the proshness. [head tilt]

P.S. I ACTUALLY did a head tilt while writing the words ‘head tilt’.

Comments

1. Anyone know the reason behind this action in Dachshunds? Not that other breeds dont do it but wieners seem to do it a lot. Had one that was saved from a neglectful home and it did this constantly as a kind of play and or attention seeking action.

2. Don’t cry cutie…

3. You know, there is actually a German word for it which you’ll find in a dictionary:
    Dackelblick: der (ugs.) innocent look; (Duden, 2006)
    Also known as “Princess Di eyes”.

4. bookmonstercats says:

Love the piebald look.

5. Don’t you give me that “Dackelblick”!!!!

6. I dunno….looks like he’s all “you can’t see me, I’m invisibles”! Maybe it’s bathtime??

7. Ha ha! *head tilt*

I’m gonna do head tilts all week in tribute to this post. :P

8. Anne Boleyn says:

did someone put him in with the bleach wash by mistake? Funny little blotches.

9. Love how her hand shows how tiny it is. People are gonna wonder all day why I’m making the “Awww” face.

10. That is a chocolate and tan dachshund – piebalds have white in their colorscheme. Doxies are notorious for their Princess Di-ability!

11. Awwww, what a lil beauty. Love Dachshunds, have 2 of my own.

12. So tiny, so sweet. The green eyes are perfect – can I have her?

13. oh my goodness what a cutie! so cutely coy-

14. I didn’t know dogs could have green eyes. All the ones I ever encountered were brown.

15. I actually do a head tilt anytime I see the words “head tilt.” And I get a quizzical look on my face when I see the words “Ba-roo?”

16. Me too, Ber, me too.

I try to get my dog to do the head-tilt by asking her confusing questions (“Phoebe where’s your alphabet?”) and tilt my head more than she does…

Prosh puppeh! *snorgles belleh*

17. awe that is all i can say – too cute for words.

check out some other cute things @ http://www.thehipandtrendy.blogspot.com

18. shortmama65 says:

aww this picture is bittersweet for me. reminds me of my beloved weiner dog dazee who just passed away last sunday in her sleep after 18 years of companionship. she had me totally wrapped around her little paws too when she did the “eyes”.

19. You mean, Princess D’eye? ;)

20. lol i actually think of ‘head tilt’ as more of a command than a narration.

21. paulajeanne says:

Shortmama65, my sympathies. A picture like this has to bring back both happy memories tho as well as the sadness. Be at peace. Perhaps in time you can open your heart to another love.

22. My friend has a dach, not as cute as this sweetie but, still.

23. berthaslave says:

Looks like weinie-puppeh has been dipping into the cheetos…

24. noze! you cannot hold down my cute-a-tude.
    do not try to stiffle my
    cute-creativit-ness!
    ob’vy needs a new more lovin mama.
    please send COD, asap.
    no prob.

25. shortmama65 says:

PaulaJeanne: Thank you so much for the sympathy. I am pretty broken hearted right now. I got her when she was just a baby. My husband and daughters bought her for me for Mother’s Day. She was very spoiled. When I got her she started kissing me and my husband said…The dog knows a sucker when she sees one. :)

26. Just in case you wanted to know, the official term for “Princess Di Eyes” is “Sanpaku.” It’s a Japanese term. It’s also the name of a fantastic band from the 60s.

27. Sammys Mom >^..^ says:

I love how the human’s hand actually shows the tiny-ness of this behbeh’s body!!! So amazingly precious…I can’t take it!

28. Sammys Mom >^..^ says:

Shortmama65 — I too send my heartfelt condolences on your loss. I’m sure Dazee was so special and cute. I am so sorry this was so recent. Hang in there. I wish you comfort for those difficult moments.

29. ka9q's wife says:

ME my dog has green eyes too. As you can see here http://www.flickr.com/photos/kkarn/360280797/in/photostream/

30. metsakins says:

shortmama65 – all my thoughts go with you, I know what it’s like to loose a companion

31. That’s my puppy : )

I’m glad all of you think he’s as beautiful as we do. He’s darker now and his eyes are more of a brownish green, but we still get this look all the time :)

Thanks for all the compliments! I will tell Ticker and let it get to his head that he’s such a hott looking dog

32. Chrystel, are his ears as soft as they look? How can you resist the urge to soft kronshe them 24/7? He’s way too cute! I luv’s me the weiner doggies!!!

33. Melinda, his ears are softer :)

And I just love his feet. He was born with the same size feet he has now and is definitely kronshing in my house. Hahaha

34. Squee! How old is he in this picture? He looks to be a wee li’l spud! Must kees nosey!!!!

35. ok crystel-
    we need more pics of this lil baby.
    do you have some we can check out?
    he looks so lil and adorable! need some kind of size-reference to check him out! :)

36. Awww!

37. Courtney M. says:

Awwwww.

I have a Doxie puppy too, though she’s long-haired. And, looks like youts is a Chocolate as well! I’ve been told they’re pretty rare. Adorable!!