Kitteh or… hand puppet?

Ireegardless, you must BOW BEFORE THIS KITTEH, puny mortal!

Bow Down Puny Humans…, originally uploaded by wellingtondany.

Just ONE Scottish Fold ear boast more CUTENESS than in ALL possum ears combined.  It’s twoo.

Oh, and this kitteh’s name is "Dougal" which is pretty prosh, but not quite as prosh as say, Professor McCuddles.

Comments

1. The tongue, the tiny tongue!… It kills me…. :P

2. Ahhh, it looks like a toy! Creepy AND cute.

3. Coming soon to C.O. TV in association with Neil Cicierega – Kitteh Puppet Pals!

4. wellingtondany says:

OMG it’s my kitteh! Quick, Dougal you’re on Cute Overload! Come look! I had submitted a pic of him but looks like someone beat me to it…

5. So cute the way he looks with his head a little to the left…

6. is that a teeny bit of kitty tongue i see
    hehehehehe

so cute!!!

7. metsakins says:

once again I shall need to “borrow” the toy/pet to make a complete determination. Miss Huggums is going to assist me in this difficult task and it may take several days before all the experimentation is done. I think the ear snorgles testing is first on the chart.

*dons white lab coats and gets ready to work*

8. possumpiratess says:

*sigh*
    Why always the mildhate on the ‘possums? They really are very cute and very lovable in their way.

I lost my buddy JoJo just last night to a stupid careless driver. I found him maybe 5 minutes after it happened.

He’s been eating at my back doorstep since he was about 6 inches long. I surprised him one morning when I found him sleeping in a basket in my utility room and he’s been a gracious guest ever since.

I buried him next to my old feral tomcat, who enjoyed the company of ‘possums. I’m gonna miss my little buddy.

My possum grief aside, this darling cat is Beee-yoootiful! And Dougal is a perfect name for him! Well done, wellingtondanny :)

9. What a cute kitteh! Scottish Folds are the best idea ever.

PS The word is “REGARDLESS.” “Irregardless” is not a word. Ever. I shudder just typing it. Don’t let CuteOverload be *that* page!

10. ah~~what is it thinking about?? Surprise??? haha, I’ll use this picture as my avtar on http://www.csaualpal.com, is that ok??

11. gah! “Irregardless” ruined the entry for me! *shudder*
    But then I saw the pic and nothin else mattered. Until now :P fixfixfix! I’m with Ria ;)

12. pistache268 says:

He looks like Happycat!

NEDM.

13. Wow, I thought I was the only one passionate about “irregardless”. My sister and I can talk for hours about how much we hate that corporate non-word. Anyway, all anger is gone looking at that Dougal. He’s the best!

14. dharlan1too says:

Chocolate flavored!!

15. Possumpiratess, I’m so sorry about your JoJo. I think possums are cute…anything so round has to be cute!

Dougal is a dollface! And finally, someone besides me realizes that “Dougal” is the poifect name for a Scottish Fold!

16. The unrelenting baby speak is bad enough, but “irregardless”??

Come on…

17. Surely “ireegardless” was in jest. Heck, I use it that way on occasion.

18. eary guardless.
    the ears are so small they half no guard?

19. ADORABLE kitteh.

And thank goodness I’m not the only one who hates the use of the non-word “irregardless”! I thought I’d be the only one to mention it, and here three others have beaten me to it. Though I LOVE Cute Overload and Meg and Theo, despite this wee boo-boo!

While we’re sort of on the subject of language pet peeves, let me mention a few more of mine:

1. “alot”. There is NO SUCH WORD! How could anyone possibly type or write that combination of letters and think it’s a word?!? Boggles my mind.

2. “Shoot me an e-mail”. I DETEST corporate-speak like this. One SENDS an e-mail, one does not SHOOT it. Oh, and it is “e-mail”, not “email”, though I’m slightly less passionate and annoying about that one than the rest of those included in this list, lol, as “email” is probably at least a reasonable alternative.

3. “Think outside the box” and “Pushing the envelope”. These were probably quite clever the first few times they were used, but they have now become CLICHES. Avoid them. By actually using these cliches, one is by definition NOT thinking outside the box or pushing the envelope.

4. “The ball is in their court” and “Put the ball in their court”. I work in a law office, and the attorneys use these phrases a lot when they want us to request additional documents and/or information from clients. This is LAW, people, not BASKETBALL. There is no ball, there is no court, there is only a sad cliche.

I’m fairly certain there are more phrases and words that irritate me, but I’ll cease my rant for now, lol. Thanks for listening. ;-)

20. Almost Yoda-like in his cuteness!

21. HOw about “EAR-regardless”?
    No, I don’t think that will work either, even in consideration of the adorable Scottish Fold ears.

22. I hate “irregardless” too, but I believe Meg said it as a joke. You know, a joke? She likes to joke.

Meanwhile, I find Dougal irresistably snorglable.

23. Look into my eyes,your pwned.

24. Absolutely adorable. Is it just me, or does the cat look a little owlish?

25. Chereth Cutestory says:

Ack! “Irregardless” is not a word!

1) Irrespective
    2) Regardless

Choose one!!! For the sweet love of all that is good and pure in the world!!!

26. Rumi! A kindred soul! I also can’t stand:

“If I would have known, I would have done something different.”

argh! No! If you HAD known, you would have done something different!

(Hopes she has distracted people enough to sneak in and steal Dougal, who is *almost* a black kitty, so would fit in here.)

27. I can appreciate the backlash in reference to the dreaded “irregardless.” However, I do think it’s a little play on words by Meg when discussing the Scottish fold “ir.” Dougal is a prosh name. However, I think he’s more of a “Colum.” But, hey, not my Scottish fold cat.

28. OMG it’s not “IREEGARDLESS”!!!
    It’s obviously “EARREGARDLESS”! Sheesh!

29. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

the teeny bit of tungl!!! (thats tongue-L) shmeeeeee HE IS SO CUTE! *squishsquish*

30. toborzgrrl says:

…and I believe that would be Professor MacCuddles. Being Scots and all…

31. …actually toborzgrrl, Scottish surnames can be either Mc or Mac. (and yes, I am Scottish) Anyway, I love the kitty, but it doesn’t look quite real…?

32. here – this is the term I use – disunirregardlessly.

:P I’m still not a fold fan, but I’m working on it AND – still oppossums are mucho cute-o

33. berthaslave says:

I think “ball in court” metaphors refer more to tennis than basketball, but the corporate idiots probably don’t think so, so no harm no foul (ha, see what I did?)

I choose to believe that Meg’s use of “irregardless” is ironic (and I don’t mean “coincidental”).

Finally, I can’t believe no one has said it:

THIS CAT IS TOONCES!!!

34. Deb, I can’t help but tie together the names Colum and Dougal to make me ask you this. Have you been reading Diana Gabaldon?

BTW, I LURVE Scottish/Celtic names…and pretty much anything Scottish/Celtic.

toborzgrrl and fleur, is it inappropriate in Scottish eyes to associate Scottish with Celtic? I know they’re not *exactly* the same thing. Isn’t Celtic also Irish? Or is that the other way around?

35. Lindsay M. says:

I can’t even beLEEEEVE she didn’t point out the wee tongue!

36. Pearl Ostroff says:

I am very far from being Scottish or Irish, but Celtic refers to a whole lot of places in Western Europe who speak/spoke a Celtic language. That includes places in France and Spain.

37. Pearl Ostroff says:

Oh, and the kitteh is gorgeous. But, then I love ALL cats. Regardless (couldn’t resist) of origin, type etc.

38. I have a friend whose husband is of Scottish descent. She would always refer to him as being “Scotch” and I would want to scream no…that is either tape or a drink but since she is a lot older than myself I would just bite my tongue!! By the way, Dougal is adorable! Love him!!

39. geez. you people are impossible.
    IREEGARDLESS. i see no kitteh tongue in that picture. just an adorable little fuffy kitteh.

40. CoffeeCup says:

I don’t think that’s a tongue..but that is probably a bottom lip.

41. is that tongue or lip?

either way it keels me.

the ears! the eyes! and what a cute muzzlepouch. i want to snorgle!

42. Momof2kitties says:

Disirregardless, that is alot of qteness.

If you disagree, shoot me an email that’ll push the envelope.

The ball is in you’re court now.

(Just so you know, it hurts me to write that, even in jest.)

43. Agreed, E!

LOL, Momof2kitties!

And OH MY GOD, brinnann! I LOVE JAMIE FRASER, Claire, Briana, Roger, and everyone in that series of Diana Gabaldon books! The characters and the writing are AMAZING!! I’ve read all of them except for the final one, as I’ve been borrowing them from a co-worker, and she doesn’t have the last one. Evidently it’s not yet available in paperback.

Oh, and to answer your question, all Scottish people are Celts, but not all Celts are Scottish. Irish, Welsh and Manx people are also Celts, and probably a few others (Isle of Man, maybe?)

44. Oops, that should have been “Brianna”.

45. IREEGARDLESSNESS is not a virtue. oh Momof2kitties
    you should not have started that.

46. Momof2kitties says:

Hunh? WhaadIdo?

47. OK – THIS is the best picture of a kitty I’ve ever seen!

48. POSSUM PRIDE says:

POSSUM PRIDE

49. CheshireCat says:

lolz, that kitteh is all: No way! Stheriously? She did what???

50. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Chocolate Scottish Fold! And the TUNG!

51. wellingtondany says:

Thanks everyone for the Dougal love :o)

Dougal has a brother too, he’s a blue tabby Scottish fold (it’s his tummy in the link above) and his name is Wallace.

Here’s Wallace:

52. OK…this pic is THE CLASSIC EXAMPLE of “Purroo?”

53. Ahhh! So cuute! Again, many thanks to cuteoverload for the overwhelming impulse to pounce my computer screen…

54. @Rumi:
    The folk (& cats) who live &/or evolved on the Isle of Man ARE Manx… Just FYI…

55. This photo has spawned a keen interest in the Scottish Fold Ear breed of cat.

I have to keep explaining that three kittehs have enuf luv for little boys. :)

56. I would like to find a kitten just like this – a chocolate (grey) short-hair scottish fold. This kitten is so cute I can hardly stand it. Where is it from? Does anyone know where I can get one? I live in the San Francisco Bay Area

57. Ummm, Engrish experts? How ’bout “prosh” is that a real word? How about “kitteh”? A tad serious for the context guys. Anyways, I have a Scottish Fold too and she is a Meercat of a cat. Too cute for this world! Confession: I don’t know what prosh means! Precious? Posh? Please explain, I’m not too bright.

58. possumpiratess says:

Lordy! We’ll fight aboot anythin’!
    heyyyy. If you gals n’ guys dig Scots and all, my comic has a Scots character… Insert Shameless Plug Here:

Possum Pirate Adventure comic to follow someday. sigh. Need..more..time!

59. possumpiratess says:

And thanks, Jules, about JoJo and the possums. :)

60. Love that baby, give it a hug from me – that is one of the most precious kittens I’ve seen in ages.

61. Christiane says: