First, I shall geev you sweet keeses. Then, we shall eat lettuces.

No seriously, that’s what we’re gonna do.

Nice cinematography, Kuteporter Kate! It’s like Atonement, only chunkier.

Now playing on CuteCast.

Comments

1. There’s something about manatees–they’re so homely, they’re cute. BLEEN.

2. Awww manatee keeses! Aww!

3. SEA COWS (or Manatees)! CUTE!

4. AW, I adore this post!! When I was little, I adopted a manatee from Save the Manatee Club (savethemanatee.org). His name was Howie… they are just SO tubby and adorable!

5. “i love you”
    “no, i love you”
    “i love you”
    “no, i love you”
    “i love you”
    “no, i love you”
    “i love you”
    “no, i love you”
    “okay let’s eat”

manatees are so sweet!

6. MaliceAlice says:

hmmm. commentroversy about the cruelty of keeping animals in tanks? Anyways, very cute. Love manatees. Big fat sea cows, yet so delicate.

7. Awwww!

*nibble nibble nibble*

8. Mrs. Catlabash says:

Oh the huge manatee! (always wanted to be the first to say that in an online forum)

Very sweet, they are.

9. anonymous says:

Barbara Manatee (Manatee, Manatee)
    you are the one for me (one for me, one for me)
    sent from up above (up above, up above)
    you are the one i love (i love, i love, i love)

10. LunaKitteh says:

Ahhh…such romance.. such passion… palpitations, I has them!
    Awwwwwwwwwwww….

11. I love manatees. So cute and so gentle. Kinda dumb though. I, too adopted a manatee years ago, got one for my mom as well.

12. The sweet caresses! Can it get any more poignant?

13. Let me nibble your ears,erm where ever they are?

14. berthaslave says:

LOL Mrs. Catlabash (whereever you are).

And to paraphrase Elvis (Costello that is):

Don’t you think that I know that swimming under water don’t make me a miracle manatee?

15. Awwwww!

My favourite is the one who smooshes his snout against the aquarium wall … SPLODEworthy!

16. They’re like hand-holding otters. But bigger.

17. zomg! the people in the background with the camera even SOUND like the otters camera people.
    maybe there’s an awesome ‘aww’ing family that goes around and captures adorable old!

18. Whoever says that animals do NOT have feelings, should have at the affection these guys have towards each other. So sweet! :D

19. that is all i evar wants. nubs like dat.

20. This could be underwater love… La la la ;)

21. The kid in the background cracks me up: “Look, they’re EATING each other!!”

22. Aww, I LOVE manatees! They are my favorite aquatic mammal! *snuggles*

23. I just wubs the manitees. Wubs ‘em!

24. How did this make it up here? Manatees are the exact OPPOSITE of cute. XP

25. Okay, the bit where the one manatee cups the other’s face with his/her flipper!? And leans in for a smoochie!?!? *dies*

26. Shouldn’t this be on Conan O’Brian’s http://www.hornymantee.com website?

27. manatees have that odd magnetism that goes beyond conventional cuteness

the french call it “mignonne-laide”

28. I love them so much! I used to see them in the wild all the time.

For potential nuffers: a lot of the manatees you see in tanks are actually on display at manatee hospitals, such as at Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa, FL. This zoo in particular (I don’t know if that’s the one in the video) has saved MANY manatees after they were reported as being run over by boats and in distress. Mote Marine Aquarium in Sarasota does the same thing. Many of the manatees on display are recuperating. The more seriously injured ones are not on display.

29. In second grade, we each had to do a report on one endangered species. Ever since then, I’ve had a soft spot for manatees (my best friends’ species) and lynxes (my species).

Now I’ve had my C.O. manatee fix… BRING ON THE LYNXES!

30. it would be mega cuter if you couldn’t hear people in the backround1

31. This makes me think of the Dr. Katz episode with Jim Gaffigan talking about manatees.

32. michellemybelle says:

I love them! Perfect shape for hugging!

33. snorglepup says:

One of the best things I’ve ever done is swim with these big guys in N FL. where they winter. I was floating face-down for two hours rubbin bellies and mossy backs. They actually lined up for lovins! Best day ever! The kids there do this for field-trips.

34. diana Shook says:

“Like Atonement. only chunkier.”

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I too love Manatees! they are so lovable and nice.

35. anomalous4 says:

Kwistee – cute is as cute does! :-)

Jon – =LOL= you took the words right outta my keyboard.

Barbara – thanks for explaining about manatee hospitals. Animal rescue and rehab centers (other than the SPCA, which deals mainly with domestic animals) aren’t really in a lot of people’s conscious awareness. People should watch more Animal Planet, IMO………

Fallon – =LOL= When my son was about 8, he did a report on them too. He and his best friend even wrote a song about ‘em. Both kids were taking piano lessons, so they could read music well enough to write it down. Wish I still had a copy – I think my ex has it somewhere.

snorglepup: These guys are in the NFL? Which team? Sorry, couldn’t resist. :-\

36. I loff manatees! They seem like they would be great to hug.

37. I too love the manatees.
    A few years ago I got to swim with them in Kissimee FL
    It was amazing.
    On that day, I learned that manatees make the noise *KRMPH KRMPH KRMPH* as they munch along the sea floor eating the seaweed. It was quite the revelation.
    I proceeded to buy a stuffed manatee and name him munch. He lives on my bed till this day. ^_^