This mouse has the right idea

This mouse is ALL ABOUT finding The Axis of Snorgling, or the crook of the neck where maximum warm furrage can be snorfed. Look at his liitle mouse schnozzle, all burrowing up in thar.

Dscf1085

Check out these super-sneaky moves:

Coxcu2

I’m not going to even ax how this scene happened, Jeannine S. [shifty eyes]

Comments

1. I think the mouse is in it for the camoflauge (sp?)

2. Is this one of these new, genetically altered mice who are unafraid of cats?
    [Nopes... - Ed.]

3. Mousie has found the sweet spot! :)

4. one of the erins says:

“The Axis of Snorgling, or the crook of the neck where maximum warm furrage can be snorfed”

Is this the official definition of the term? It should be. Besides, “snorfed” is fun to say. Snorfed.

5. OMG. Peenk and whites all over. I can’t stand it!!

6. Awwwww!!! Got room for one more? =o(

7. The next pic is of that cat smiling, with a little pink tail sticking out its mouth.

8. Geez. Who do I kiss first?

(adding lines so it’s not Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam,)

9. I look at the picture and say “Mouse? What mouse? I see no mouse.”

Then I found the mouse. And it was adorable.

10. Kar — looks like you were able to find your own way, but I’d’ve un-spammed you at some point today. Honest.

11. notthatjentheotherjen says:

hey there kitteh, you’ve got something stuck on yer shoulder there. ahem.

12. i find this image kind of disturbing….

13. Separated at birth!

14. 1. Ees matchingks, non?
    2. Why ees mouse’s derriere saying “ehn”?

15. Does this baby mouse think the cat is his/her mom? :0 Well, who knows, maybe the cat thinks so, too.

16. Momof2kitties says:

Such a patient kitteh!

17. Why isn’t this mouse dead? Isn’t mouse-killing instinctive in cats?

18. Pheas, mousie’s tush is saying “Ehn” ‘cuz it’s having trouble following the front half up the mountain.

19. see now. [adjusts nerd glasses]
    i tol ya they love each other anyway.
    no need to mess with the genes!
    this is adorables. I’ll take two of each please.

20. Shouldn’t the hover text over the first picture say “Dónde está Axe-ees?”

Just wondering. 5 semesters of high school Spanish should have taught me something.

21. LOL I thought the cat had a tiiiiiny tiny arm with 3 sharp claws LMFAO nope, it was the mousen!

22. erin–yes.

also..i wants me one of these kitties and one of these micies, please.

23. bookmonstercats says:

A Viewer, we used to have cats and hammies. Hammies escaped one day and were wibbling their way around the room. I spotted one investigating tabby cat’s ginormous teeth. Tabby looked at me pleadingly as I raced across the room, as if to say “Please move it. I am a cat you know, I don’t have infinite patience”. We never got as far as the hams climbing the cats, though. But domesticated predators do sometimes seem to understand that there are limits up to a point. We also had a dog and cats who went walkies together down the road.

24. soooooooo white -n- pink!!!! so matchinks!!!

25. ThreeCatNight says:

Awwww!!! Meg, this is TOO much! Nice way to start my weekend! (why can’t humans follow the example?)

26. Looks like the mouse is searching for a teat on what it thinks is it’s mother. What a patient kitty!

27. It’s like those little cleaner wrasses that take the parasites off big fish. So tiny, they can squeeze in anywhere.

*nibble nibble nibble nibble nibble*

28. This is how one of my kitties likes to wake me in the morning. He finds MY Axis of Snorgling and snorgles until I get up and feed him.

29. Enuff with the mice, already. Too many rodents!

30. Looks like he’s had his “I’m skeered” gene turned off too!

31. Ah Theo, always the gentleman.

32. Mary (the first) says:

A Viewer, kittehs actually have to be taught by their mom to hunt/kill. I saw this in action with 3 kittehs/one (wild)mouse. Two kittehs (raised by me from babyhood) were more scared of the mouse than vice-versa. Other cat.. once on the street.. babyhood unknown.. was the only one chasing/catching the mouse. She grabbed it and scooted out the cat door with it. (You’ll all be glad to know that when I looked out a minute later to see what happened, well-fed kitteh had put the mouse down and was apparently distracted by an interesting cloud, as she was gazing up into the sky. Mouse came to, realized it was (a) still alive and (b) back outside, and ran for the azaleas. Happy ending for all.)

33. I used to have a rat. I got him a day after he was weened from his mom and he looked exactly like that. he’s in rat heaven now. I love that cat.

34. fish eye no miko says:

“I know it’s an odd accesory, but it matches my coat so well I just had to have it!”

35. Different strokes, my friends, different strokes.

36. I, too, thought the mouseh was a little arm growing out of the kitteh. I guess it just looked like it belonged! Cute!

37. Cat: What have you brought me?
    Mouse: Mastah, (ehn) I have failed to bring you teh cheese as you wished.
    Cat: Did you seek the portal?
    Mouse: Yes Mastah.
    Cat: Did you use your mad scurrying skills?
    Mouse: Yes Mastah.
    Cat: Then how could you fail?
    Mouse: “burp”
    Cat: What?
    Mouse: Nothing!

38. CheshireCat says:

Teh sheer cuteness of this post has left me speechless, all I can say is: Ahn!

39. So funny, when I first looked I thought the mouse was instead the cat’s deformed arm, and I was wondering if it was posted for the cute or sad category L-P

40. Is that a mouse or a baby rat?

41. Pearl Ostroff says:

Not all cats have to be taught by their mothers. My cat Malachi, dead for about 15 years now, chased and caught a few mice in an apartment I had once that was over a basement that was infested by mice, (I never had mouse visitors again in that place). I got him when he was 4 weeks old and he was born in a house and had never been outside and was too young to have been taught by mom.

42. That looks cute!

43. “you is so comfy!”

44. [nerd glasses upon heed]
    I’m thinkin this may bring Theo to tears.
    [seeins how he rejected my comments from a previous sub so vE'Omently]
    huggs and stuff
    [wipes nose on sleevie]
    GGAAA. :) lurves,lurves

45. It’s obvious, people. Some cats just don’t care. We’ve all had or known someone who had a cat that would “fetch” or one that would “jump up on the bed” on command and one that would “decapitate small animals in the yard and bring you entrails as a present” and one that “thought it was a dog” and one that “hated every other living creature except humans” and one that “stole grandma’s dentures” and one that “let the mice crawl all over it.”

Cats are just weird, weird, weird. They are 93% predictable and cat-like, but that last 7% of crazy difference is totally different with every cat.

And that’s why cats are the most specialist animals of all.

:: sitting back down in third row seat hoping that teho doesn’t trip me and metsakins notices my pretty blue shirt ::

46. hey guys – there’s sad news about Cheep and Moses… go back and see the comments for Moses’s tree photo

47. Awwww, matchingks! What a pretty kitty and a snuggly mousie. I want dem!!!

48. bananasforbunnies says:

Oh! My! what a nice brooch you have there, is it new?
    Why yes, it’s the latest.
    Well, it looks so real is it?
    Well of course it is or it would not be Axis McSnorgle!!!

49. Great pic, but an inaccuracy: it should be “Donde esta axis?” (accents on the “O” and the “A” there) when I put my mouse over the pic, not “Donde es…”.

Don’t let me nitpicking kill a great pic, but even meesers should user proper Spanish grammar!

50. Great pic, but an inaccuracy: it should be “Donde esta axis?” (accents on the “O” and the “A” there) when I put my mouse over the pic, not “Donde es…”.

51. acelightning says:

White mousie, champagne-beige-striped kitty, beige-and-grey-striped upholstery… what a calm, relaxing color scheme!

52. My two wussy boycats definitely don’t think mice are food– but they do think they are the grooviest toys- still not good for the mousie. What a warm-n-fuzzy pitcher!

53. “Excuse me, the main entrance is just a bit to your left.”

54. ANIMALOVERDOSE says:

DO YOU THINK THAT KITTY CAN’T SEE THE MOUSE BECAUSE ITS SO WELL CAMOUFLAGED.

55. JupiterStar says:

SC, I cannot find this bad news of which you speak and I checked the comment threads for all three Moses and Cheeps photos…le what now?

And in regards to the photo, yeeee! Fluffy white burrowy thingies! …hey, my albino parakeets do the same thing…hmmm…

56. JuniperStar – it’s on the Moses photo from this week – of him sitting in the Christmas tree. People were wondering where Cheep was and their human posted yesterday evening that Cheep passed away. :(

57. bananasforbunnies says:

What Moses photo? send a link will ya.

58. The one from Dec 13 – it’s still on the front page of the website

59. Silent Meow says:

Is the cat genetically engineered so as not to eat mice?

This is very strange behavior for a cat, letting the mouse climb on it and everything. lol

60. I didn’t know that was a mouse at first. Since it matched the cat, I thought the cat has some growth on it. And then I read the caption.

61. Christine H says:

The snorglage is super cute, but I’m having trouble getting Cute Overload to work consistently and load at a reasonable speed in Safari lately. Any idea what’s going on?

62. No posts for Caturday makes me sad :(

63. “I, too, thought the mouseh was a little arm growing out of the kitteh. I guess it just looked like it belonged! Cute!”

Hee, me too! My first thought was, “Aww, lucky paw?” (as in Nemo’s lucky fin) But, no, is coordinated mousessory.

64. compy-saur says:

I have to second what some people have already said: yes, mouse-hunting (or hunting of little edible animals in general) is instinctive in cats. Their moms may teach them how to be better mouse hunters, but they are still hardwired and built for it. Of course, animals aren’t machines. It’s not as simple some people make it sound. Sometimes cats don’t care, aren’t hungry, etc. I just hope the mouse wasn’t placed on the cat for the sake of the picture.

65. Is it not, in fact, a rat? Me thinks mouse-babies are smaller.

66. It’s not a mouse, haven’t anybody of you ever seen a newborn pussycat??

67. What did you say…? I can’t hear you…oh,there’s a mouse in my ear!

68. anomalous4 says:

high their Bob Smith: if catz0rz & meesez has bad grammer & cant spel in inglish, y u thinkx dey can has g00d gramr & can spel in spannish? :-)

p.s. us 4 feetzed aminulz CAN has grammr & speling & stufz, but DO NOT WANT! lerns infeerier humanz langwijs is bneef our diggnitee!

69. “We also had a dog and cats who went walkies together down the road.”

bookmonstercats ~ like this?

:o)

70. Terrible person says:

After I admired how cute this picture is, I caught a look from another angle and the mouse looks like one of those sad undeveloped twin situations.

71. turnedoffTVgrey says:

Looks more like a baby rat to me. You can tell by the wider head and chub on its little legs.

72. turnedoffTVgrey says: