Remember the “ehn!-chworm”? Now he’s out camping

Der tuh der tuh derrr

Out campingks.

With my friennnns.

Gonna make inchworm-sized s’mores…

Img_8921

C.O.X.C.U.:

Coxcu

Jordan U., that silly little guy thought he was in your tent didn’t he. Didn’t he!?

Do you all remember when we caught this guy reading!?

Comments

1. Adora-bleen!

2. LOL!

3. chet's momma says:

cutest. leeps. evar!

4. DoodleyDog says:

Ok, ok, normally, I’m not a fan of the bug pics – but this one IS cute!’

Ya got me, Meg. Bugs CAN be cute!

5. like the extendo ‘tocks

6. fish eye no miko says:

Awwwwwwww… he’s cute! I’ve encountered a few inchworms in my day. They’re fun to watch. ^_^

7. Give em an inch and they take a mile.

8. Jupiter Star says:

Eeeeee! The teensy little wormy leeps! I shall kees them! (Except for the part where I’d probably inhale the poor li’l dude…)

9. Oh god, I hate worms. COXCU not appreciated.

10. Before I run away from this image of a bug, I want to know how an inchworm is also able to have feet.

Even if it’s for the s-acre of argument, I’d like to know the ruler of thumb reg-yard-ing this.

11. Now thats just weird.

12. berthaslave says:

Everybody sing!!

Two and two are four….
    Four and four are eight…

13. acelightning says:

Inchworm,
    Inchworm,
    Measuring the marigolds,
    You and your arithmetic,
    You’ll certainly go far;
    Inchworm,
    Inchworm,
    Measuring the marigolds,
    Seems to me you’d stop and see
    How beautiful they are.

14. bookmonstercats says:

I’ve never actually seen an inchworm.But v cute anyway. Thank you for the C.O.X.C.U.

15. Oh, neat! Thanks for the pics!

16. Am I the only one that thinks the C.O.X.C.U. should end up on a t-shirt or mug.

So cute on a tiny scale!

17. AH, we’ve got the tent all set up, now for some serious reading!
    “IT is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single worm in
    possession of a good tent, must be in want of a book!”

18. Anyone else here remember Danny Kay singing about Inch Worms? I love the goofy song and thanks to Acelightening for giving the lyrics again!!

Oh and Aubrey? You’re tops in the Punnage department again!!!

19. It’s Lowly Worm! Where’s your hat, dude?

20. Wow, that is the cutest worm I have ever seen. I always love inch worms. So cute, so small, so, so green!

21. cuteaddict says:

oh my god, meg is a sick woman! what is going on in that head of hers?! :)

22. tillianna says:

oh man, i LUF that i can see the cheezburger he ate fer breakfast in his see-thru greeniness!

23. I am inchworm, hear me roar!
    (Teeny tiny raaar)

24. Okay, Meg, for this prosh eenchworm I forgive you for the horrible earworm.

25. Ha! He has shelf-butt! Neener!

26. Berthaslave and Acelighting: that song is SO SAD!!!!

27. Er, Acelightning, rather.

28. Reality-Casual Friday a la Meg.

;)

29. hee! i have very fond memories of the r. scarry books, and lowly worm was my favourite. i immediately thought of him when i saw this post, too :)

30. “And streetch.. and streeetttch… Ahh yes, one day I shall be an inch-and-a-half worm!”

31. LOL.

Extendo-tocks!

32. ThreeCatNight says:

Now Meg’s into inchworm ‘tocks? This is disturbing.

33. Lowly Worm! I loved Richard Scarry, and I’m having a blast reading him to my nephew.

Where’s Gold Bug? In the Pickle Car? ;)

34. “extendo tocks”????? Meg thou art too mucheth!!!

35. circuscake says:

that is the best COXCU **ever**!

ehn!!!

36. Momof2kitties says:

Berthaslave and acelightning, you beat me to it! That song was the first thing that popped into my head too!

Dang. Earworm.

37. Awww, it looks like a teeny-weeny dinosaur!

38. Lucky find and super-great capture! Love, love it!

39. He looks like a lime flavoured gummy worm!

40. Oh, look! He’s just trying to get a better view of the outdoors.

41. RedKitten says:

Inchworms are neat! Cute little things, always on the go. Thanks for the reminder of the song. I seem to recall hearing it sung on “The Muppet Show” once. Good memories. :)

42. Daphne Moss says:

Love this site for seeing beauty in so many critters…extendo tox. and eens…priceless!!

Doan like wormy things, but one summer day saw a slug on a July sidewalk doing the sluggyy equivalent of a sprint for his slimey little life. Now, I hates slugs…eat my flowers… but I actually threw this little desperate mollusk self into a cool bush.

43. O.
    M.
    G.
    I would glomp but then teh poot leetle thing would a-splode. Eenchworm leeps!!!!!

44. CheshireCat says:

At first I was all like: “How do you KNOW it’s a he, Meg?? Those leeps look pretty feminine to me.”
    But then I saw the Adam’s apple.

45. acelightning says:

Stormcat, the song is supposed to be sung by two people. One sings the “Inchworm, inchworm…” part, and the other sings “Two and two are four, four and four are eight, eight and eight are sixteen, sixteen and sixteen are thirty-two…” (And this was written *before* binary math became necessary because of computers!)

Keith, it’s only sad if you assume that the inchworm never does stop to see how beautiful the world is. I think it implies that he/she does.

Momof2kitties, you’re welcome ;-)

RedKitten, it *is* a good way to learn the powers of 2…

46. eeeeeench worm! Love this pic.

47. wee little inchworm……..where do i go now? shall i place my wee feets there? what shall i do?

48. Inch Worm… “sigh” I love em they are so cute… and the first place I learned the inch worm song was on captain Kangaroo.