Time-lapse 7-hour kitteh nap

Poor Mr. Puff Pants, alone at home all day, with nothing but a SUNBEAM to keep him companies!!!

Liz S., great find! And that’s a LOT of Z’s.

Comments

1. I love it when they tuck their little paws under and stretch out to look like a bowling pin!

Ah, to be a kitty.

2. Meaculpa, when they don’t stretch out but just tuck their legs under, I call it “compact kitteh mode.” In compact kitteh mode, kitteh is ready to be packed up for travel.

3. That’s it… when I come back, it’s gonna be as a kitteh!!

4. Holy crap, that was adorable times 80.

5. I love it when kittehs become little bread loaves. All paws and tail tucked under.

6. I freakin loved that!!!

7. oh i’m really chuckling like crazy over here. that is some serious power-napping!! so cute.

what a cool video. i want one of my kitteh and his sunshine too.

8. Okay, Mr. Puff Pants is officially The Cat Of Whom I Am Most Envious. Sigh.

9. luvinmalssomuch says:

That is one seeepy kitty. Soooo sweet that he just sleeps all day waiting for his owner not getting into any trouble. Awwwwww!

10. The vid appears to have been CuteOverloaded, at least for me. Bummer.

11. Ah, to be a kitteh.

I was hoping we’d get to see the kitteh wake up at the end of it, but apparently he wasn’t done wif his nap yet.

12. I love that the music got dramatic when the sunbeam went away.

13. Ahhhh this is just as calming as the purring site. I love cats in the sunshine. It is happiness, contentness and coziness all wrapped into one image. Beautiful kitty too!

14. Ah, so when I come home from work and find my kitteh in the same spot on my bed where she was when I left, it really IS because she hasn’t moved in all that time! :)

15. So that’s what my lazy blighters get up to when I’m out,and I thought they were catching mice.

16. i dont know how they do it.
    life it so HARD for the kittehs!
    i keep talling mine- “I’m coming back as one of them!”

17. NutellaNutterson says:

Yay for time-lapse! I’ve wanted to do that with my kittehs. Mostly I want to find out if they really *do* stay in exactly the same place the whole time I’m gone. And, judging by Mr. Puff Pants, they probably do!

18. luvinmalssomuch says:

I just realized kitty name is Mr. Puff Pants. I love that commercial where the guy calls his dog ‘Mr. Barkyvonshnauzer Mr. Barkyvonshnauzer.’

19. Oh!

Oh! So cute!

20. I love the quick little tummy flutters!

21. But wait! Where’s the dog that bed was probably bought for?

22. <3

23. Oh cats!!!!!! Seriously!! His name should be Mr. Decadent Pants . . . this is reDONKulous-overload, right here!!

‘cept that are so cute when all sleepy and loave-ed.

24. luvinmalssomuch says:

I guess in this case cats rule and dogs drool. So what we didn’t see was kitteh kicking doggie to the curb.

25. wanderingthru says:

well, now we know why that one corner always has the most fur… tis teh kitteh’s corner and don’t you be forgetting it! ;)

26. Eater of Shades says:

wow

I wish I could as comfortable as he looks for that long

27. CATLOAF!!!!!

28. bookmonstercats says:

That’s a great vid. I chuckled all the way through it.

29. When we had a cat, & he tucked all his legs underneath him, we used to call him a “fish”. I suppose it was somehow Monty Python related.

“Tell ya what, I’ll cut off his legs, add some fins…”

30. Now all we need is a video like this for the human teenager.

31. When the puppers do the thing where they become circular, we call it the cuteball.

32. Yitzysmommie says:

EHN!!!! cannot access vids here at werk!!!! grrrrrr, wanna see kitty sleeping…

33. man, i am soooo jealous. that looks like heaven.

34. I would like to see what happens when mom/dad came home – does the kitty jump up and act like it’s been busy all day – like I used to?

35. I’m jealous, too. I have an overwhelming desire to nap right now :)

Actually, I did a time-lapse thing with my bunnies recently. Click my name to view it :)

36. Momof2kitties says:

Luvins-We love that commercial, too! We call our little guy “Mr. Whiskers Von Schnorgle”. Our Persian would take your face off if you called her something that undignified :)

37. cute.

reminds me of the cameras people set up to see what their maniacal pupsters do when they are away…when they come back and the expensive draperies and chair cushions are shredded all over the living room LOL

38. I love the way his tummy goes real fast while he’s breathing. Like a hummingbird’s wings!

39. ditto on “Mr. Barkeyvonschnauzer” commercial. I’d love to see a friggin’ dobie come out and rip his face off.

40. When my cats tuck the legs underneath, they’re “meatloafing.” When they did it when they were little, they were “muffins.”

41. most excellent. kitteh scientists tell us that the little beasts can sleep up to 20 hours a day.

when i leave for work in the a.m, my little Weezer is usually up and about yelling at me. but on weekends when i am putzing around the house, i will see him sleeping in the same spot on the bed for 8 to 10 hours at a time without moving, unless i visit him for some unscheduled scritches and snorgleage.

42. Momof2kitties says:

We have meatloaves in our house, too, family size and individual sized portions, depending on which kitteh you’re talking about.

43. I would love to see what my cats are doing when I’m not there!

44. I heart this video. But haven’t you posted this before?

45. luvinmalssomuch says:

Oh Kiragirl LOL!
    Momof2kitties I love it!

46. Manda, me too. Loved the quick little bellows-motions of the sides.

47. Also, I have noticed in myself as of late a rather frivolous tendency to call everything names ending in “Pants.” Philo was “Senor Tinypants” when he was a baby, and now I call him “Kittenpants” with regularity, sometimes shortened to just “Pants.”

So, um, I kind of love this kitty’s name. :)

48. Ah, that went too fast! I want Mr. Puff Pants nappy-time in SUPER SLO MO, i could watch that for-fweekin-ever…

49. Dang! That kitty literally doesn’t leave the mat all day! Makes me want to secretly film my kitties to see what they are up to when I’m at work.

50. in my household:

all non-orange tabbies: loaf

orange tabby: fish stick (especially when he does a face plant and you can’t tell what end is what)

51. I’m convinced that all cats are filthy rich because catnip is their currency and they can own all these humans to meet their every demand and order deluxe cushioney beds for them to lounge around in.

52. It was wild seeing the little kitteh heart beatin’ away!

53. Angie,
    What is the song you play in the background of your time-lapse bunnies? (Very cute, by the way!)

54. My cat builds nuclear devices during the day then acts all innocent when I get home…I just know it.

55. Oh man, that looks like the best nap EVER. I wish I could live the life of a cat.

56. Mary (the first) says:

The downside to the all-day-sleeping-kitteh is that then, when they get the urge to walk around the house and YELL really loud… this urge is likely to come over them at approx. 3 a.m.
    Trust me on this.

57. That was adorable! I often wonder what my younger and more mischievous kitty is up to when she’s home alone. I know my older kitty sleeps, but does the baby pick on her or do the same?

58. DLT,
    fish-stick, too funny

59. AuntTasty — I call that a “dog donut”!

60. Oh, my god. I want that life. Not every day, but just for a week or so….

61. feel good movie of the year!

62. Ah, yes, the tucked position is “cat loaf” at mine, unless done in a suspicious manner from a couch arm, in which case it is “vultching”. (My dear departed was the queen of the Vulture Cats.)

63. When my cat does that he’s a teacosy, maybe that’s because I’m English?

64. Our cats don’t “loaf” much. Oh, they *loaf* plenty, just not in that shape. Basic cat shapes at our house are:
    - egg (usually piebald egg),
    - “being long” (typically the tabby), and
    - “playing the cello” (used by all three cats).

According to my guys, a seven-hour nap is for lightweights and amateurs.

65. :) i was hoping it would end with someone coming in and scooping kitty into a big hug. Like I would have done!

66. I love this!

Cats as foods:

The one for whom I am named definently looks like a large, overproofed, soft loaf of bread when she tucks herself all under.
    The other one curls himself up, but then curls half upside down so he looks like a hairy croissant or turnover. He is so relaxed that his face relaxes and his fangs show from upside down.

67. chet's momma says:

i love the spreadingks as he is relaxingks!

68. Hehe! My Tegra curls up in the tightest little ball (I have at times called it “kitty croissant”, as opposed to “kittyloaf”). When she has herself curled as much as I could imagine is possible, she wraps her tail around herself, and if the light is on or if it’s sunny, she sometimes puts one of her front legs over her eyes.

69. A cat can take a 7-hour nap in the sun. Hmmm. I don’t think that this is a revelation to any cat owners.

Lazy things supposedly sleep 18 hours a day. Amazed they have enough time to disdain/disprove of us.

70. No catloaf at our house – just bunloaf. Lots of bunloaf!

71. I love it! Wish I could do that all day too!

72. I love it at the end where he makes sure his nose is in the last little bit of sunshine!

73. CCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

74. My boyfriend and I have always wanted to mount a camera somewhere in our house to find out what our cats do when we’re not home. Now we don’t have a need.

I want a sunbeam.

75. Aww, my kitty is a flamepoint just like Mr. Puff Pants. We call the “loaf” position “Volkswagoning.” I have a friend who calls it “Elizabethan hairdo.”

76. Aww, my kitty is a flamepoint just like Mr. Puff Pants. We call the “loaf” position “Volkswagoning.” I have a friend who calls it “Elizabethan hairdo.”

77. Here’s something a little bit educational…it’s related: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v419/Alaidh/?action=view&current=meatloaf.gif

78. I call it “being a turkey” because they look like little Thanksgiving turkies.

79. charliewabba says:

Yes, Mandy, yes! Tea cosies!
    Once, long ago, I wrote a free verse ode to cats who lose their paws. I’ve gone upstairs to dig it out of a file cabinet, because this seems like the moment for it to once again see the light of day.

(ahem, ahem)

Why They Do That

Cats sometimes lose their paws
    and sit on the floor
    like fat tea cosies
    gazing about
    with elegant unconcern.
    Sometimes they are forced
    to wait
    in patches of sunlight
    for their paws’ return.
    When the feet
    come back
    from wherever
    they have been,
    the cats examine them
    without surprise,
    check them with their noses
    to make sure they’ve got
    the right ones
    and lick
    between the toes
    to welcome them back.

80. one of the best uses of time-lapse EVER!

81. arachnophile says:

I’m blown away over here. That kitteh looks so much like my dear, departed lil’ Sky. :(

Cute baby, wonderful time-lapse, even better memories for me. *sniff*

82. Aww, cute baby cat.
    At our house, kittyloafing is known as egg position. Occasionally it’s kittybread.
    Of course, that’s only for wee Mrs. Lovett. Seymour in any position is just plain old fatty. We gotta put that boy on a diet.

83. cat naps rule !!!
    But thats also why they romp thru the house all night llllllooooooooonnnnnnngggggggg.

84. HOW. WONDERFUL!!!
    Isn’t it great when a kitteh’s person sees so much beauty in his cat that he must capture it while away?
    Ahhh. Feels redeeming for the whole of humanity.

85. that cat has ear mites, get it checked.

86. My dogs do the same thing on our patio. Dirty hippies.

87. thats nice that will be my kitten
    thanks for sharing
    bhaktapurgirl
    mazzako.blogspot.com

88. Yitzysmommie says:

YAY! I just got to see the seepin kitty, and I love it!
    Good news – Lake Effect Snow Warning for my neighborhood!! I 1. washed my car 2. wore my holey Crocs 3. Wore my lighthouse in the snow sweatshirt to make it snow, and it’s working!!!

89. that was beautiful. truly enjoyable to watch – thank you!

90. awww i feel bad! poor kitty tried for 7 hours but couldn’t get comfy!

91. It’s times like these when I wonder why God didn’t make me a cat.

92. That baby needs a kitty friend to keep him company (and snooze with)!

93. arachnophile says:

Hey there “poo,”

I’d agree with you if this wasn’t filmed over 7 HOURS. The ear-twiching represented isn’t unhealthy AT ALL, given the time-lapse.

I have to say I am envious that I am not a kitty. ;)

94. How sweet… apparently the only animal that out-does the cat regarding sleeping is the Sloth. ;)

95. My kitty won’t sleep on the microfibre bed I bought her. Nope, she prefers the brown microfibre blanket. Stranger still, she will sleep “beside” my purple one, but not on it. My pink cotton comforter, however, she likes fine.

96. Oh yes, and of course they sleep during the day… how else can they wake up and chase their toys (or whatever they can find) a 2 or 3 AM when YOU’RE trying to sleep? :) Mine has been better for that now, though, she actually sleeps with me when I am just going to sleep. Wakes me when it even starts to get bright, for food, though.

97. Nice, charliewabba!

98. Awwww, he looks just like my kitty.

You’d think having a kitty friend would help, but mine has 4 and they all still sleep all day. They prefer to play together at, you guessed it, 2 AM.

99. charliewabba says:

thanks, Pheas.
    And the thing is, that one poem probably got more readers than all the poems I had published in “legitimate” poetry journals put together.

100. Momof2kitties says:

Charliewabba–Loved your poem! It made me smile!

101. charliewabba says:

(smiles and blushes)

102. charliewabba says:

I am not a robot!

[tell that to John Connor... - Ed.]
    [PS -- ah'l be bahk.]

103. Amazing video. I always wondered what cats do when I am not around.

104. berthaslave says:

Sloth!!! Gluttonous sloth!!!

(gimme some!)

105. That’s genius-ly made, awesome to watch!

106. I love the breeze occasionally ruffling the fur. The best way to nap…

Angie – Thanks for the link–that was wonderful to watch. I loved when they snorgled together. And that is an amazing cage, by the way.

Bunnies do the paws-under thing too. My little white bun used to do it, then she’d puff all her fur up. It made her look like an egg, so I used to say she was “egged out.”

107. Yes! They must have their rest, so they can tear through the house at midnight, chasing each other. How can two (10 lb., max) cats sound like small horses running?

…and then, at three in the morning, I wake up to find that one of them (the aforementioned Tegra) has somehow managed to tuck herself under my arm while I was sleeping. How does she do that without disturbing me?

108. is that not the world’s most constrained roomba?

109. That kitty looks just like my Princess Leia! I leave her in the morning curled up in a ball (on the down comforter, of course) looking all cozy. Little did I know that she was sneaking out and snoozing at someone else’s house!

110. The vid wont play for me. Says I need a faster internet connection. :(

111. I want that kitty’s job!

112. Melissa H. says:

Wow! Not even a trip to the litter box. That’s serious napping!