But whyyyyyyyy can’t I go out? Whyyyyyy!!!?

I am soooo grounded, there is no WAY I can go to the game.

Grounded

Baroooooooooooooooooooo, Wendy D. and Aunt JoJo! ;)

Comments

1. Hehe. I can’t tell if this is more or less ridiculous than the little dragon pig earlier.

2. also, the look on that pup’s face is keeling me.

3. Methinks Mr. Cheerleaderkins is NOT amused…..

4. Awwww. Those deflated pompons are heartbreaking. :(

5. wow, is that going to bite me out………
    good shot.

6. Rah rah rass
    Kick em in the other knee ;)

7. This right here is an illustration of the Best Thing About Greyhounds: their infinite patience and willingness to look a fool on your behalf.

8. And this is why animals dressed as humans is one of my favourite things in the world.

9. the photographer is a very talented back leg hider!

10. Awww – bless him. Please let him go to the game! You’re right Michelle; those deflated pom poms are indeed heartbreaking!

11. Save the cheerleader! Save the world!

12. that is one of the saddest things I’ve seen in a long time! Poor thing!!

13. Cute, but also…just a little bit creepy looking?

14. Greyhounds + photoshop= creepy, yet entertaining photo.

15. haha i am glad i am not the only nerd who gets the heroes reference here

16. awwww… adorable pup!
    however, the uniform’s color combination is ewwww!
    Go Spartans!!!

17. Yes, definitely photoshopped to get rid of the back legs, which makes for a very ghostly image, with the back of the dawg having no shadow. Perfect touch for Halloween. (Weird horror music here …. )

18. okay okay, I’ve been asking myself for days…not where did every one get the costumes

but how did everyone dress their pets and was still unharmed enuff to foto it.

gotta go, the cats want me to change their water…STAT

19. A. Dinopeeg is awesome.

B. Usually these front leg costumes make me laugh, but this is creepy, no?

20. pinkwerewolff says:

the head is slightly too big.

21. Creeeeeeepy

22. luvinmalssomuch says:

‘Awwww come on now, the team needs me’. ‘I’m the one with all the new cheers.’ This bites!

23. Awwwww, poor McPuppulence.

24. dwine – the cheerleader reference made me LOL! :)

25. OwnedByGrey says:

FINALLY a greyhound pic, and you go with THIS? Greys all over the country are way, way cuter than this on a daily basis. Still, I’ll take ‘em where I can get ‘em.

@ Jenn
    It’s not photoshopped — it’s a costume you put on the pupper’s front legs/neck.

@Jo
    I don’t know if it’s the BEST thing about greyhounds, but their infinite patience definitely helps in situations like this.

26. awwwwww, so cute. give that poor lil woofleader a treat!

27. That looks like my doggie!!!

28. Squirrelly says:

1) That’s one FUGLY cheerleader, but at least she doesn’t have implants.

2) That picture is tres creepy.

29. Cauliflower says:

I’m going to have nightmares tonight. Thank you Meg.

30. ThreeCatNight says:

Next movie of the week on
    Animal Planet:
    “Greyhounds: Their Hidden Shame” or “But, I’m a Cheerleader!”
    (may be rated too intense and strange for younger viewers!)

31. that’s not right.

32. that pic is making me quite nervous!

33. Cauliflower says:

That’s it!!! I knew there was no such thing as aliens!! All those abductions were just run away greyhound dogs attacking people.

34. He looks just like Charlene, one of the cheerleaders at my high school. Only Charlene’s shoulders were broader and her legs weren’t that good.

35. Mary (the first) says:

This should be in “cute or sad?”. Poor gurl. Can’t go to the game. (p.s. I got the Heroes reference and I don’t even watch that show. Good one!)

36. Space Cowgirl says:

I concur with the creepy/aliens camp here. It looks like something out of ‘The Faculty’.

37. berthaslave says:

Yeah, this just looks wrong. If you’re gonna photoshop it you might as well do the patented cheerleader head tilt as well.

38. omg Im laughing so hard Im CRYING! Awesome!

39. Definitely a two-legged alien greyhound pretending to be the cheerleader that must be saved! Or is that “mut be saved”? Oooo that sound like what a preacher might say to a member of a doggie congregation?

I think it’s time for my nap. With a higher form of life at my side. A cat…

40. Why do people want to make their pets look stupid? I don’t find this at all funny, just stupid and demeaning.I think animals have a natural nobility that we don’t have. If I find myself doing something for a cheap laugh to my cats, I feel mortified because I haven’t been thinking properly.

41. luvinmalssomuch says:

The more I look at this the more I don’t like. The dog is clearly upset so why do this?

42. I don’t think the dog is “clearly upset.” The dog is just standing there. Dog facial expressions don’t always correspond with human ones.

p.s. I think it’s weird but cute. :)

43. Maureen G says:

JENNNNNNN….. (with condescending upward lilt)…. the costume and the front of the dog are real, but if the rest of teh photo isn’t photoshopped, where is teh rest of teh dog, sorry, I mean, cheerleader?

44. I presumed the rest of the dog to be behind the front, blocked by the costume and front legs. One can see a bit of the dog’s back end to the left of the shoulder.

45. book_monstercats says:

I don’t always like animals dressed up, but his(?) face is wonderful. Now if it was a bunneh, we’d all be ded from beams of extreme disapproval instead of just sighing over his mournful expression.

46. that’s just WRONG !

47. Oh yeah, baby!

This is what I’ve been waiting for. Bring on the holiday costumes.

48. I don’t think this guy is necessarily bummed to be in costume – greyhounds and whippets naturally have that sadsack look sometimes. I, too, have been waiting for a sighthound pic! Cute Overload needs more whippets!

49. Greyhounds are the BEST!

50. Pheas is correct — no Photoshop necessary, just foreshortening. You can see the hound’s butt to the left of the shoulder. The hind legs are (just barely) blocked by the dress, and their shadow runs behind the left pom-pom.

51. This pic is so cute, I don’t think the hound was harmed in the making of this photo. I was looking for a greyhound to rescue, but ended up at the humane society and found Maggie, a blue tic/ beagal/foxhound mix. She ain’t nothin’ but a hound dog. Her toes are just like this doggies. They are almost like people fingers!

52. i have never went on your blog, but had to take a look at the costume you put your dog in, i cracked up, tooo funny!!!