Now that’s a respectable Halloween costume

A Pup. Getting eaten. By a croc.

That’s a sweet costume.

Crocdog

Meg F., I wish I could’ve seen it in action!

Comments

1. ahahahhaa …. >catch breath< .... ahahahahhaaa ....

day-um, I lofs peeps w creativity!
    and their animules that put up with it!

2. The funniest thing about this picture is the look on the dog’s face. It’s hilarious! He looks like this is completely an ordinary day for him! Love it!

3. ringtailroxy says:

that beagle’s all like “CRIKEY, look eet the size of that beaut!”
    sorry, couldn’t help myself. I had an amazing crush on ole’ Steve. Who am I kidding? I still do! WE MISS YOU STEVE!

4. Amy–totally agree…pup’s totally indifferent to his fate

5. like, totally indifferent

6. Cauliflower says:

the dog is like…”why is everybody staring and laughing? do i have something hanging from my nose or something?”

7. angrycupcake says:

oh, wow. i LOVE crazy Halloween costumes for pets, especially when they don’t look really uncomfortable or embarrassing. did the owner really make that, or is it mass-marketing material?

8. That is awesome! What I really like is the guy in the background of the photo, in that half-dawning-realization stage of ‘am I seeing what I think I’m seeing?’

9. That…that gets a full-on jawdrop and some maniacal laughter. If I saw that dog wandering around my neighborhood, his pet would get an immediate marriage proposal. Wow.

10. Awesome costume! But how does the pup answer the call of nature?

11. lurkingsmirk says:

Hah, love the ‘whatev’ face on the puppy. Dignity in the face of–no, jaws of adversity.

12. berthaslave says:

I appreciate the costume and I don’t want to sound like a ‘Nuff, but I can imagine a small child on the street being slightly traumatized by this.

That having been said — it’d be even funnier if the ‘gator was escaping from a toilet.

13. “Oh, dear, it appears a crocodile is biting on my lower extremities. Whatever shall I do to make him let go..Ahmmm..hmmm..hmmm..”

“Whoa whoa hey, STOP! Ah, dammit! Ten hours of paper machie ruined! Stupid dog!”

14. I’d love to see this thing from the side. I can’t understand why the alligator doesn’t fall off after a couple of steps or start dragging! At the very least I could see it tearing off at the mouth near the front/back leg mix.

15. that is OVER THE TOP funny as h***

16. check out the guy in the blue jacket, he’s like, what the ????

17. ThreeCatNight says:

“Mon dieu! Ah haf to drag zees bloody crocodile around wiz me, and ‘e is biting mon derriere. Quel disgrace! And most of all, I haf zees crazy old man who ees following me wiz zees stupeed leash, and a beret. Oh, ah am so ashamed!”

18. pup’s saying “yeah i’ve got a croc on my bum. you got a problem with that?”

that is an insanely awesome costume. amazing.

19. berthaslave — sorry, but kids need to be exposed to this early. On the day giant evil ‘gators really *do* leap out of the sewers and start attacking beagles, they need to be able to react calmly while they call in the Marines.

RevWaldo — excellent point. Think there’s a ‘trap door,’ or is the dog just gonna hold it.

Also … OM NOM NOM NOM.

20. Maybe the crocs back legs have hidden wheels? It’s the only way I can think of allowing the pup to move without dragging that thing behind it and tearing it up. Must stop speculating on how to build one of my own… don’t own a dog… cats would hate me…

And berthaslave – kids need trauma in their lives! It makes them healthy adults. Or at least, it worked for me… Tho I do wonder about the traumatizing effects of Halloween in general. I mean, we decorate our houses to scare little kids and then give them candy as a reward for coming close enough. I had a couple little kids that wouldn’t come up to me without their mom holding their hand because they were too scared – and I was dressed as a pirate! A pirate! How scary is that?

21. Awww look at the puppy! Well I’m glad it’s not a real croc! =)

But, I wonder how heavy that is? ‘Cause that pup’s dogs would be barking at the end of the day!

22. kiddo, I like the “wheels in the back legs” theory. Looking at them, those feet are suspiciously flat. And just a teensy bit above the ground so you can see the shadow under the soles.

23. I couldn’t figure out what was going on at first. I thought it was Photoshopped, then I thought it was a dog in front of a statue… but when I finally got it, I lol’d. :)

24. This. Is. T3H AWESOME!!! I wish I had a dog now, so I could do something like this.

And yeah, it totally looks like it’s on wheels. and if you look at the construction, it appears to have a fairly sparse frame, which would help make it light if you use the right materials. The outer shell of the crock must me a lightweight material too. Maybe a nylon something, like what you make tents out of.

As far as ‘trap door’, maybe it has one of those catch bag thingslike they put behind some carriage horses so they don’t sully the street.

25. luvinmalssomuch says:

Is this a spinoff of ‘CatDog’.
    For mature audiences only it’s ‘CROCDOG’.
    How does he go weeee or pooo?

26. puppeh is all like “this is NOTHIN compared to last years costume! what’s the big deal ???

27. lmao! Is that in new york?

28. Funniest. Costume. Evah.

29. Ah, something subdued and tasteful. Bring them to tea at the Plaza Palm Room, do. PLEASE. ;)

30. Screw the kidz, I think I am slightly traumatized by this. Well, traumatized, after I stopped laughing.

31. Sweet Pea says:

WHERE IS THAT COSTUME FROM?

MUST BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, I don’t even have a dog. Oh well.

32. Dog::: Humans what are you gonna do with them…Sigh.

33. Monique in TX says:

To me, the gator looks like it is lightweight nylon stuffed with poofy fiber-fill, like a puffy parka. Bet it weighs nothing and the doggy can just tow it around. Maybe there’s elastic in the gator’s mouth?

34. Hey, all… As soon as I saw this I remembered a joke called “Cajun Technology”. It was perhaps the inspiration for this outfit. Here’s the link: http://www.worldcichlids.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10453.0;wap2

Or just search Google for “Cajun Technology”; it’s currently the 8th hit down.

35. AliceTanzer says:
  36. GREAT costume. Perfect for down here!

Save the “nuffin'” for really really offensive stuff, willya?

Fab!

37. EXCELLENT!!!!

38. It’s a croco-dogle

39. Catsquatch says:

omg….

Almost makes me wish I had a dog to dress up.

Almost.

40. CatsquatchFever,
    do you dress up your kitteh?

41. You know how some carriage horses have that bag tied behind their ‘tocks where their poop can drop, so it doesn’t get onto the streets?

Maybe this is just a glorified doggy ‘tock bag for poop!

42. Seriously… to those of you who are worried about Backed-Up Beagle Business re: this costume, I say this: The dog owner who was able to realize this unbelievable creation, was also savvy enough to remember to include some sort of trapdoor in the design. Not a doubt in my mind.

43. just like Dr. Denton’s pj’s hehe

44. Once in a while I laugh so hard it triggers an asthma attack. This is one of those times.

Kiddo: I agree with you about kids and trauma. I was an overly-sensitive toddler, so my parents encouraged me to watch and/or participate in the births, medical care, and deaths of all manner of pets and livestock from a very young age. It does desensitize you to the shock, but it never managed to numb my compassion for all beings.

45. Guys, kids are not as easily traumatized as us adults think. Give ‘em some credit – they can tell that gator is fake and I’d bet you most kids would get a big kick out of this doggie’s costume!
    Of course, kids who saw their dog get eaten by a REAL alligator might be traumatized by this, but I’m talking about the rest of them! ^_^

46. I don’t know about traumatizing kids, but I can imagine some fender benders as drivers lean out their windows for a gander.

47. wagthedogma says:

Doggie’s all: “Yeah, this totally beats the snot out of a crocheted candy corn hat!”

48. Catsquatch says:

Kiragirl, honey, if I even approached my cats with any kind of costume, they would turn me into hamburger.
    No one would ever see them anyway, as soon as anyone comes to the door they hide under the bed…..

Michelle, I hope you are ok!

And “”Yeah, this totally beats the snot out of a crocheted candy corn hat!””
    knocked me right outta my chair….
    LOL!

49. does it also work as a portable toilet >_<

50. wagthedogma says:

Glad I could give you a laugh, Catsquatch…and even more glad you’re OK and still here gettin’ the Qte on with us! :)

51. LOL!! Oh my goodness, that has to be the best costume in the WOOORRRLLLLDDD!!

52. Since I haven’t any successful CO mailbox submissions *sniffle*, check out these pics from the NYC annual Tompkins Square Park Halloween dog parade. I like the first one.

53. This is actually from an advertisement for a German zoo. Check out the details here: http://adsoftheworld.com/media/ambient/neunkircher_zoologischen_garten_the_croc_eats_dog_promotion?size=_original

54. I got a shock at first. HAHA!

55. this site makes the fluff surfing internet great. the captions make it brilliant

56. I just recognized the place – it’s in the center of Berlin – Germany.

57. That is so totally, absolutely *brilliant*!!!!

58. BEST. COSTUME. EVAH.
    End of story.

Also, I must marry the man who dresses his dog that way. ASAP.

59. LOL!!!

60. Catsquatch says:

Thank you so much Wag, Im happy to be here too :D
    And you are one funny person!

I agree, the costume looks like a puff a lump toy, weighs almost nothing, but it does look like the sides may have some foam rubber in them for stability, and the back feet most likely do have wheels.
    This guy is a genie us!

61. LuvBJones says:

DAS BEAGLE!!

All this costume needs is a stuffed beagle latched onto the crock’s tail. Best beagle costume ever. Beegie’s like, “hey, I’m in control, I’m just giving him some line until he wears out”

62. this is actualy my friend’s dog. see the entire photo shoot here http://www.quazen.com/Science/Biology/The-Genetic-Code.53412

63. ost, do you have a more specific link? I’ve been checking around Quazen but cannot find the photo shoot you mention :(

64. As delacroix/george sand said… it is better to feel something than nothing… even if it is teeth.

65. Aluriaphin says:

I Googled this- It’s a publicity stunt! A zoo in Berlin had the man walk the dog around, with a promotional team passing out discount coupons to the zoo. The flyers said “Come to the zoo before the zoo comes to you”!
    More info: http://adsoftheworld.com/media/ambient/neunkircher_zoologischen_garten_the_croc_eats_dog_promotion?size=_original

P.S. Yes, I know FSugino already mentioned this, but just in case you missed his ;D

66. LuvBJones says:

haptotrope – that quote made my morning!