This hedge finished carving her pumpkin—have you!?

Only Three weeks left!

(OK, you have time)

Carver

Ellen A., I suggest toothpicks in your pumpkin to represent Hedgehog quills.

Comments

1. Happy Hedge-O-ween

2. this goes right on the “list of reasons why victorias mom should let victoria buy a hedgehog even though theyre illegal in california” list.

p.s. MONKEYBLEEN!!!

3. shandrewsca says:

What a sweet little hedgie! Can he come over and help me with my pumpkin carving?

4. Awww… Now I’m imagining tiny artistic nibbles to carve that jack o’lantern!

5. Mary (the first) says:

Whew.. something to get that hammy out of my head.. I know that was his tail but still a little unsettling. This little hedgie, on the other hand, is totally PC and adorable to boot!

6. “Hedge Washington Carver”!!
    Gold star for MEG.

7. The Goo in my Pumpkinz never looked this cute!

8. OMG Cutie McHedgersons!! I love hedgies. Their little pointy faces make me happy.

9. Its a Hedge-o-lantern.

10. What a sweet little face! Love the classic mouth carved on the pumpkin. Do hedgies eat pumpkin seeds?

11. ahhhh.
    he looks so adorable inside the pumpkin!
    cute cute cute

12. Aww i love hedges :) This reminds me of last holloween, i gave my male siberian chipmunk a hollowed out teeny pumpkin and he made it into an edible house. He was so sad when i had to throw it out!

13. luvinmalssomuch says:

Where can I get one of those hedgie carvers?

14. How keeeyuuut!!!

15. AnnieRexic it is so not fair that hedgies are illegal in California. I want one really bad! Course, their cuteness is practically a WMD, but still, it’s not fair!

His wittle nose is so adorable!

16. KAT!
    you’re telling us that and you didnt submit a photo ??
    what the hey!!!

17. Loveeee how you added the decorator window in your new home madge. when do the curtains arrive.

18. I wish my McHedgersons looked this sweet. He’s a grumpy old man who only perks up when he discovers that I’ve been away somewhere — thus my clothes smell like some other place and he can come up with a new excuse to chew on them.

19. i didnt have a digital camera at the time or i would have =(

20. Aww, thanks for all the nice comments about Ginger! If you would like to see more pictures of Little Miss Hedgiepants, there are some here: http://picasaweb.google.com/jfbeatty/Ginger

21. berthaslave says:

That’s not a hedgehog!!! It’s a vampire!!! (Don’t ignore his disguise, he’ll be offended!)

Happy Hallow-bleen!

22. “This IS my costume.”

23. Ellen the cardboard tube pictures are so cute :)

24. book_monstercats says:

Waaahhh! My pumpkin carver doesn’t have beady eyes, moist nosicles and proshest of quills. **Stamps foot**

25. *melts* I want to get a hedgehog in my goody back for Halloween this year…

26. peek-a-boo, i see u, mr. cute hedgehog!

27. Gaaaahhhh!! The jack-o-lantern ate a hedgie, and it’s coming for us next! Run for your lives!

28. luvinmalssomuch says:

BOOOYAH!

I feel so much better now.

29. Meg should do a CO pumpkin carving contest! Readers send in their creations and whomever has the cutest wins!

30. Peter Peter punkin eater

31. Wee all lives in a punkin submarine!
    Punkin submarine!
    Punkin submarine!

32. Rachel of Cyberia says:

Too early to carve punkins- they get too gooey. But maybe that’t the point for this lil dewd?

33. NYgirly,

Shouldn’t that be:
    Happy Hedge-O-bleen!

34. AnnieRexic:

Maybe you could get her one on the sly…..it could be Victorias Secret. ;P

35. ever since i found a pet store in oregon with the cuuuutessttt bebeh hedges ive been working on a plan to make one my own…..

the most reasonable involves driving from los angeles to portland to “visit my friend in culinary school” and uh… “accidentally” coming home with said bebeh hedge.

36. Watch out little Hedgie Jack O Lantern is going to kronche you wif his teeft.

37. Peter, Peter pumpkin eater,
    had a wife and couldn’t keep her,
    So, he put her in a pumpkin shell,
    and there he kept her very well.

38. “Toothpicks” would be a great name for a hedgehog!

39. Awwww. Lookatitpeekingout!

40. Peekie Booo I see you IN your Halloween outfit.

41. Awww I love hedges and this is just awsome