Vegetarian pizza for Lucy 3.0

ItworksThe fine folks (see thumbs up pic) over at HamsterTracker.com alerted me of a new delectable recipe. Hamster pizza. (Uh, that is, pizza for hamsters.)

The "Cookin’ for Lucy" section of the HamsterTracker site almost eclipses the Tracker itself, it’s so great.

Check out the tortillia wrap "dough", carrot as pepperoni, red apple as paprika, cucumber as … cucumber, green melon seeds as olives, pine nuts, parsley for herbs, and grated Gouda cheese.

Img_0595_1_1

And a close-up of the Extreme Hamster Tracking Poster Girl: (Please note slightly upturned, nibbling muzzlepowshe)

Img_0602_3_1

Thank you, chef Mathijs!

Comments

1. LOVE the cheeky pose in photo 2!

2. Hey – didn’t we lose Lucy last year? I’m so happy to see a v. 3.0! What a presh!

3. aw adorable!!

4. I wish somebody would spoil me like that! :o)

5. Is that a little bottle of Ham Adams beer I see there next to the pizza?

6. YAY!! Cute little hammy pizza. I was getting worried when you said Hamster Pizza, Spec after the kitty, it’s whats for dinner post. Wheew! Anywho, Lucy 3.0, you are a sweet lil hammy who I just wanna nibble and snurffles :)

7. i want to BE lucy 3.0

could existence get any better? i doubt it.

i’ll settle for dying and coming back as lucy 4.0 at some future date.

8. Catman Dude =^-.-^= says:

Hamersons is like all “You ain’t going to stay there and watch me eat, are ya?”

9. This is the luckiest damn hamster in the world…as were her predecessors.

10. luvinmalssomuch says:

OMG! Speechless.

11. upturned muzzlepowshe, yes, but also note the downturned wee schnozzle! all the better to enjoy the bouquet of the delicacies(enHamses the flavor).

12. Apparently The BAD Carrie says:

Are hamsters smelly, or for that matter, extremely hard to take care of?

My husband has absolutely said no to a puppy or kitten cause we rent :( although the landlord doesn’t mind. I need an animal, I’ve never NOT had an animal and it’s making me crazy. The ducks aren’t so friendly, as you can imagine.

So… rodentia – stinky?

13. If reincarnation works the way it should, Lucy 3.0 was Mother Teresa.

14. I think this guy really needs to find a human girlfriend that he can prepare gourmet items for. I know where he can find one.

15. that is really adorable.
    what a lucky lil guy.
    and i LOVE the photo 2
    “look what i have and you dont” expression.
    fabulous!

16. Tonight, I think I’ll go home and make pizza for my guinea piglets.

17. I was having a lousy morning until I saw pic #2. How can anything be wrong in the world after you contemplate an adorable face like that?? Lucy and Mathijs and C.O. saved my day!

18. Kellyhalia says:

Woah. I wake up seven hours earlier than normal and look at this and almost pass out from tiredKYOOT. LOL.

“The BAD Carrie” RE: SMELLY –
    Hamsters are smelly. Boy hamsters are VERY smelly. Mice are smelly but girl mice are better. Guinea pigs are not smelly in my opinion as long as you clean their cage regularly.

19. Kellyhalia says:

Although I should add, guinea pigs are much harder to take care of than hamsters or mice. They need special diet (fresh stuff) and lots of time runnin around on the floor (no wheels) and stuff. I think they’re worth it though :-D

20. Carrie–

Hamsters are pretty small, so they aren’t particularly stinky. Their cage can get stinky if it’s not cleaned regularly. They aren’t hard to take care of either.

If you want TWO little rodents, might I recommend gerbils? They aren’t stinky at all and REALLY easy to take care of.

21. Re stinky question – guinea pigs not at all, as long as you clean their cage regularly.
    And they’re worth it! Cute!!!

22. Apparently The BAD Carrie says:

cool! maybe I can talk him into a gerbil or ree-ree then!

I’m having floof underload :(

23. “ham adams”
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

24. love all the brass and chrome in hammy’s crib

it’s all decked out in moen and pfister ^^

25. Ehn! Look at the teeniest of soft kronsches of the kale! It’s all “tiny hammie nawming”…sighs. You have made my day.

26. That is the most gleeful hamster I have ever seen. and trust me I have seen… uh one. I want to be that happy about lunch too.

27. I’m still sad about Lucy 2.0, but 3.0 is really cute! And the pizza is making ME hungry :D

28. Bad Carrie
    What’s a ree-ree ?

I like the teeniest of ham paws on the pizza platter. hee

29. what a yummmmmmy looking pizza. Check it out peeps:
    carrots for good eyesight
    Apple to keep the doctor away
    Cuccumber for tight skin and shiney hair
    pumpkin seeds for superb digestion
    Pinnon nut for flavor
    and parsley for freshest of Hammy breath.

Lucy you are such a hammy health meister.

30. Apparently The BAD Carrie says:

a ree-ree is a guinea pig, that’s the sound it makes.

31. Hee hee…Ham Adams!

I was once bitten really hard by a hammy, so they are not my favorite of the teeny cute animals – but Lucy is a cutie patootie, and she would never bite anything that wasn’t parsley, I’m sure! Love that wee little pizza!

32. ATB Carrie -

might I also suggest…ratties?

girl ratties are not stinky(unless you don’t clean the cage, like any other small animal). and if you huff them closely they actually smell GOOD. i’m not kidding! my susie smelled like violets. louisa smelled like spices.

also, rats are very friendly and smart and you can generally count on them not being biters (which is not what i’ve heard hammies, etc.) as long as you don’t stick food into their cage and confuse them so next time when your finger pokes in they think it’s food (although none of mine even seemed thrown off by this); i’ve just heard stories).

seriously, if you want a small pet you can really interact with, i can’t say enough about rats.

more info:

Arvay, are you reading this thread? if so, back me up!

33. In the Netherlands it’s ‘World Animal Day’, a day to extra pamper ANY and ALL animals. Please help in making it global!

OMG, a photo of me on C.O.? !!! *emailing friends*

34. berthaslave says:

I used to cook for my former cat, Rider. It’d make up a bunch of chicken parts and let them cool and dice them up and he’d be all nomnomnom.

Bertha, she doesn’t care for human food. So now I have no one to cook for. Maybe I’ll get a hammy. And I’ll make a little faux-ranch dipping sauce for the pizza crust (b/c that’s the way we eat our pizza here in the good ol’ u.s. of a.)

35. Mathjis, Thanks for the heads up.
    Hmmm I gotta start thinking I need to take care of a lot of animals.

sheep Perhaps peaches with carrot tops attached
    The chickens and ducks would love some sunflower seeds.(Unsalted)
    The cats… Oh TUNA of course They love Tuna.

And of course a round of fresh seeds with peanut butter for our feathered friends in the yard.

36. anner is soooooo right! ratties are the besterestest pets evah! only downsides are the health problems that some get (respiratory infections, begnign breast tumours) and their short life spans.

girls are usually more playful, but boys get bigger and are more couch potatoes (generally speaking) and they’re always more fun in pairs or threes.

one caveat – boy rats get stinky and kindy creepy looking from behind unless you get their giant torpedoes removed. neutering is safe and not too expensive thankfully :)

37. That’s just IT! I’m gonna have to get me a hammie and an elaborate Habitrail kinda thingie for him/her. There’ll be Qte for me and constant “Kitty TV” for the cats! :-D

38. And now, ladies and gentlemen, may I present…the luckiest hamster in the world!

39. Lucy (3.0) is a very lucky little girl. I love seeing her adventures on a daily basis. Mathijs is an excellent hammie daddy.

As for smelly-ness…well, you have to clean the cage! My little boy hamster is not smelly in the least unless his mom (me) doesn’t clean his cage. If your hamster pees in one area, it’s even easier, because you can clean that one tiny area, and voila, the smell is improved!

40. That’s one spoiled rat.

41. Carrie, hamsters are NOCTURNAL. They squeak their wheels all night and sleep all day when you want to play with them. Try a guinea pig for sit-still cuddliness, or a gerbil for daytime energy. My daughter has had all of them so I speak from experience. She’s 30 now and is back to guinea pigs.

42. ATBCarrie – Here are a couple more websites for you…

For ratties (& mice too) the Rat and Mouse Club of America site: http://www.rmca.org

For hammies the California Hamster Association site: http://www.geocities.com/calhamassoc (check out the Newsletter link)

Concerning smell, in my experience, the only ones that have smelled are the male mice and occassionally the female Serian (“teddybear”) hamsters give off a musky odor, but it goes away in a few minutes; it comes from a scent gland.

As far as gerbils go, don’t know where you live but check your state & local ordinances. Here in CA they’re not allowed.

43. Great pic! Thanks for brightening up my day!

44. Sitting by the roadside on a summer’s day
    Chatting with my mess-mates, passing time away
    Lying in the shadows underneath the trees
    Goodness, how delicious, eating Gouda Cheese!

Cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese,
    Eating Gouda Cheese,
    Goodness, how delicious, eating Gouda Cheese!

45. aw how sweet! i used 2 do stuff lke that for my hamster :D

46. Marmie Hammie. Oh yeah.

47. How cute is she, my hamsters small so shes hard to keep ahold of, shes a robo duarf hamster =-)