Prairie-doggin’ band practice sentry

The other bandmates are coming!

The other bandmates are coming! [jumps down and cranks tasty riffs]

Prairie_doggin_kitteh

Megan K., Megan K., Megan K.—I can’t argue with you on the front paw action.

Comments

1. He’s a radical cat!

2. Sump!!!

Very cute kitty–my kitties do that a lot watching all the leaves fall outside–reminds me of little gophers.

3. That reminds me of Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas.

4. perfectly prosh posing pawsitude.

5. PeaceNLuv says:

OH, what a cute kitty! I love the background too. Is that a balcony there? Looks like one of those old closed in European style apartment buildings that you often see in Italy or something. I LOVE the front paw action as well. :D:D Squee!

6. heh. prarie dogging.

7. does that amp go to eleven?

8. Reminds me of Mr.Bounces attachment which of course he later rebuffed.
    Cute kitteh how long can that kitteh stay up? I don’t know ask Mr. Owl…

LOL

9. At my house we call that prairie-cattin’.

10. Kitteh’s meows go up to 11.

11. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I LOVE when cats do this.

My current kitties are good at standing up, and our previous kitty looked like this.

So this pic makes me very happy.

12. Ocelot kitteh is rehearsing “Music Man” –

Oh the Wells Fargo train is comin’ DOWN the track….

13. My cat, who looks almost ezactly like this, does this to pee. See, I have gotten a taller, rubbermaid thingie instead of a standard litter box in an effort to avoid so much over-the-side spillage (to little to no avail. sigh.). He just stands right up, puts his cute paws on the side of it like he’s about to conduct an orchestra, and lets pee. It’s funny!
    BTW, does anyone know if there’s a name for this particular mix? it’s a tabby of some sort, right? I’ve noticed they’re mostly males. With the plain white on bottom, and then orange splotches with varying degrees of stripes.

14. Rebec. IT is an orange tabby, marmalade kitty.
    LOL sounds like you are having fun at your house.
    HAve you tried a covered Litterbox yet. They are effective except for the bit of sand they shove out the door on occasion.

15. acelightning says:

As a semi-retired audio technician, I love seeing this handsome orange kitty standing sentry over someone’s amp ;-)

16. Kinder, Gentler Carrie says:

That does it, you guys have to quit beating me to the punchline on these things. I can’t help if it Meg posted these after I fell asleep in my chair last night!

As for the Prairie Cat…. I waaaannnntttttt

17. My cat is also under the impression that she’s a meerkat.

18. I love prairie cats! My persian/gargoyle mix, Gremlin, does this all the time.

19. Does anyone else feel the need to find this kitty, pick him up, and stick their face directly in his fluffy belly? Anyone? Anyone?

Orange kittehs are the best!

20. Miss huggums does this at cold cuts sightings.

the next move is the gentle paw tap.

then she sits down and follows you with her eyes never letting you (or cold cuts) out of her sight.

(and if they go back into the fridge without some falling the depression and sadness that follows is heartbreaking)

21. Yitzysmommie says:

Wow, in my many years of kitter observation I have never seen one do this. Wonder how hard it would be to teach Yitzy this trick?

22. LOL @ “cold cuts sightings”. Mine do that too. I make them stand up for treats, so they do it on their own for lunch meat.

23. ThreeCatNight says:

Stratocatter rocks!

(same coloring as my little
    Pumpkin)

24. nice peavey :)

25. I got 2 cats that do this. and our tuffy cat used to do it too. mostly for lookout to see if they are in danger but Magneto does it for lunchmeat too.

26. AuntieMame says:

This reminds me of one of my favorite ICHC pics, “Ice Cream Man!!!”

27. Meer-cat!

28. Bacon, are you thinking what I’m thinking re: “prairie doggin?”

29. LOL! It’s a MEERKAT (again!)

30. book_monstercats@msn.com says:

IBKC, the amp has to go to infinity now (courtesy of Nigel Tuffnell in Joe Satriani interview).

31. Reminds me of Meerkat Manor on animal planet.

32. That’s my kitty! I’m so proud to see him posted on cuteoverload! He is now 3 years old and still does it everytime he hears a sound he’s unsure of….we’ve also trained him to do it when he wants a treat.
    Oh and to PeaceNLuv I wish this picture was taken in Italy! But it was actually taken in Montreal, Quebec.

33. My cat does that, we swear she’s part merecat.

34. CATALOONS!!!!!