This vid needs to be remade with the Jaws soundtrack and Chewbacca yell at the end

Call me a video-directing genius, because that’s what this video needs.

[Holding hands up in Directorial debut position] Panic—then Chewbacca yell. Yes, that’s what this video needs.

Serious. With those changes, it’ll be like the next Prairie Dog video thing, believe me.

AAAAAAAAHHHHH! What is under the cubbers!?!?! HALP! Isabel C.!

// UPDATE — thank you, Dramatic Prairie Dog! //

Comments

1. the look at the end was pretty accurage

2. *accurate

3. I can tewtally hear the Jaws theme! Awesome captionage, as per usual.

4. we’re gonna need a bigger bed

[WIN! – Ed.]

5. The look at the end was priceless…”WTF you lookin’ at??”

6. luvinmalssomuch says:

The look at the end is priceless. I was on pins and needles waiting to see what was under the spread.

7. lololol

i love the expression at the end.

8. OMG! It's Carrie says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That was excellent!!!!

I was hoping for a bunny! But the puppeh was great.

Hey – my husband still hasn’t gotten me a puppeh… why has noone called yet?

9. OMG! It's Carrie says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That was excellent!!!!

I was hoping for a bunny! But the puppeh was great.

Hey – my husband still hasn’t gotten me a puppeh… why has noone called yet?

10. OMG! It's Carrie says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That was excellent!!!!

I was hoping for a bunny! But the puppeh was great.

Hey – my husband still hasn’t gotten me a puppeh… why has noone called yet?

11. OMG! It's Carrie says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That was excellent!!!!

I was hoping for a bunny! But the puppeh was great.

Hey – my husband still hasn’t gotten me a puppeh… why has noone called yet?

12. OMG! It's Carrie says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That was excellent!!!!

I was hoping for a bunny! But the puppeh was great.

Hey – my husband still hasn’t gotten me a puppeh… why has noone called yet?

13. OMG! It's Carrie says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That was excellent!!!!

I was hoping for a bunny! But the puppeh was great.

Hey – my husband still hasn’t gotten me a puppeh… why has noone called yet?

14. Would someone get this walking carpet away from me, She says:

I suggest a new strategy, Let the wookie win..

15. An Ewok!

16. It’s actually a prairie dog… :)

17. I have been soooo freaking torked off since yesterday afternoon and nothing I mean nothing was making me even smile even my fur-kids. But that little pooch got a good laugh outta me !! Thanks MEg I needed that

18. Does anyone know what breed of dog that is? So cute. I’m thinking Brussels Griffon or affenpinscher but not sure

19. Yeah, but, but what went out first? It looked like a SKUNK!!!!

20. Jamie M — I think “accurage” could be a pretty appropriate typo, actually. ;)

21. Hahaha, the dog’s name is Chewie!!
    This video of her is awesome:

22. Matt Robinson says:

agreed with above it definitely is an Ewok

23. OK OK OK… so a *soprano* Chewbacca yell, then. Heh.

24. When I was checking out the youtube vid posted by Sheenanana, I happened across this ANERABLE baby griffon named Alfie:

He’s all “ehn…ehn!”

25. Ok, Meg, your wish is my command.. here is my silly attempt:

[w00t! Muchas gracias… – Ed.]

26. Alice Shortcake says:

I was expecting something bigger!

27. That was both funny and cute at the same time. It reminds me of my grandmas shitsu.

28. Whew! I went to the link that Lisa posted and now I’m exhausted. This pup never stops moving! Where’s the Ritalin???

29. my pommie likes to do this too.
    Chewie is just the cutest lil guy! what a fun puppeh.

30. *glances to the right*
    What is a Twitter, and why is Wil Wheaton on it? I’m having flashbacks to my 8th grade fangirl days.

31. After watching a ton of animal videos on YouTube, I am amazed at how many beds are unmade out there. I’m beginning to think that by making my bed in the morning, I might be in the minority.

32. Rebecca — those of us with animals understand the futility of tidy habits. ;)

33. The look on its face … ‘Oh, come on, like YOU’VE never gotten tangled up in your sheets before.’

34. yup, definitely funnier with the sound fx. hysterical, really. :) nice job, dramatic prarie dog.

35. Rebecca, I’m with you. I’d rather keep the majority of the cat hair on the comforter and not on my pillow.

36. OMG!

DPD!

That was WONDERFUL!!!

I was just howling with laughter!!! You did a SWEET job—the buildup! The reveal! Hilarious!

THANK YOU!

-Meg

37. Thanks for the brilliant suggestion! This happens often to freelancers who work from home often to the wee hours of the morning…

38. Whoa, two versions now! Cheers, Isabel C!

39. (…can we get THREE? Anyone??)

40. berthaslave says:

Kudos all around … but seriously … was that ewokookie chasing a skunk out of the bed?

41. P.S. I do have an animal–an adorable rat terrier named Carlos–but he has a tendency to throw up on the bed/couch/chair when he throws up, so we keep an easy to wash blanket covering our sheets/comforter. That way, we don’t find any nasty surprises when we go to bed. That said, we still like our bed made each morning!

42. I love this site! This video was so great, and the sound effects make it even better! Laugh it up, Fuzzball.

43. Space Cowgirl says:

After reading Meg’s suggested additions, I thought I would just die if someone didn’t make it so. MY DAY HAS BEEN MADE! Thank you, CO and DPD. :)

Rebecca, in your case I’d say making the bed is a safety measure – I’d hate to find puke between nice clean sheets.

44. Space Cowgirl — don’t forget the author’s own version! (Isabel C; link upthread)

45. Ha ha! I love the update! I love playing that game with my kitties!

[I better not tell you how I misread your comment… – Ed.]

46. Space Cowgirl says:

Sorry, I missed that completely! Thank you, Theo and Isabel C. :)

47. :-)

48. OMG the update with music and Chewbacca is AWESOME!

49. Dramatic Prairie Dog, I bow to thee!!

Best…video…evar!

50. The puppy dawg is cute, but I musssst have the comforter. Pleeeease???

[That *is* pretty nice… – Ed.]

51. I LOL’d!

52. book_monstercats@msn.com says:

I liked the quilt as well. I thought it was a ball-pit at first. I want one.

53. Ooh, now THERE’D be a video to see… pit bull in a ball pit!

54. Dramatic Prairie Dog, we’re not worthy.

That was PERFECT editing! Made it twice as funny.

55. The very, very comfortable and one-of-a-kind quilt was made and designed by Mary Jane Suruda, my boyfriend’s mom! All the little squares are actually stuffed with puffy cotton. She’s a super talented interior decorator too.

56. It looks like the Horta from the Star Trek epi “Devil in the Dark.”

57. Loved the soundtrack version, except instead of a Chewbacca yell, I’d like to hear a squeezy toy when the “reveal” comes. EE-ee, EE-ee.

58. Meg, thanks for the plug! Glad you liked the video! love that little bugger!

59. Dramatic Prairie Dog, your videos rule. The original DPD vid made me laugh, but this one made my head explode.

And Meg, your imagination is the mother of invention!

60. luvinmalssomuch says:

Luv the updated video. Hysterical!! BRAVO!!!

61. Dear CuteOverloadMeg, I am a HUGE fan. really. But one thing — this whole thing how the URL in the browser stays on “cuteoverload.com” is driving me CRAZY. I clicked to the Dramatic Chipmunk link in this post, and i’m stuck with the generic “cuteoverload.com” url in my browser and CANNOT send it to someone. I know you are a lovely person, but why is this so? WHY?! (the commenter snorgles the closest puppy)

62. Stephen — you could always open any given link in a new window, or a new tab. Usually it’s one of the options that pops up when you right-click on a link (assuming you’re on a PC, not a Mac).

Also, the “backdoor” (TypePad standard URL for Cute Overload, as opposed to the nicely formatted “www.cuteoverload.com” version) is this:

63. Oh YAY! Thank you so much! (moving bunneh from keyboard)

64. This goes with “When Kittehs Attack.”
    CHEWBACCA BLEEN!

65. I want a pet woookiiiiiiie he’s so cute!