How to make a kick-ass Yorkie Sweateuw

Step one:

Follow these INSTRUCTIONES!:

Sock

What will it look like on the smallest of Yorks!?

[drum roll]And, the BIG REVEAL….

Thanks to Sweateuw creator Seth P. and Sender-Inner Summer  R. ;)

Comments

1. warmmmmmms………

2. I wonder if I could do this for my pigs?

3. I WONDER IF MY KITTIES WOULD LIKE A NEW SWEATER? ;)

4. Saint Stryfe says:

Ahhh… a reference back to my all-time favorite CO, Peenk Sweaateuw!

5. shouldn’t that be kick-tocks sweateuw? :)

6. Kool and kyoot!
    Kits beware, you’ll wear one – with machingk pants. :)

7. That is brilliant! My mini-pin gets awful chilly, and her size is popular, therefore sold out. But there are plenty of fleecy, cute and fuzzy socks out there.
    Thank you sweater maker person!

8. So smart! So cute!!

9. demolitionwoman says:

I know a yorkie who needs wunna them…except she’s pleasantly plump, so she’ll need an extra-stretchy sock.

sooooo cute!

10. Aiyeee! Must … resist … urge to cut up all my socks!

11. Come on, I can’t be the only one singing this!

Step one, cut a hole in the sock
    Step two, put your kit in the sock
    Step three, make her wear the sock

It’s my kit in a sock!

12. Yay! What a great idea!

13. oh man, i love this! do they sell extra large argyle for mini schnauzers? adorable.

14. lurkingsmirk says:

OMG Veronica that’s hilarious…and the puppy looks so warm and snuggly…the cap really makes the outfit.

15. should i get soccer socks (extra long!) for my dachshunds? ^^

16. NYgirly, you made me laugh! I sent this to my girlfriend who has a Yorkie. Piper will look just adorable!

17. So cute! So cute! Great post! Anerable York! Thank you Meg!

18. One!
    you cut a hole in your socks
    Two!
    you put your dogs in the socks
    Three!
    you go for walkies in socks

…and that’s the way we do it

19. oh DANGIT VERONICA! baroooooo

(ruff crowd)

20. Ach! My Boston is much too large and square for the sock awesome! Unless I made her leg warmers…

21. yay for yorkie outfit but double yay for Peenk Sweaateuw.

my all time favorite too!

22. Yorkie: “But Ah dinna laike ARGYLLLLE!!!!!!!”

23. OMG TOO cute!!!! Great idea!!!

24. I need to see this applied to a yorkie for this to go together. Theo you’re funny what size sock would bounce need ? LOLOLOLOL

25. Ex-Network Geek says:

The last picture is the best. The dog is all like, “dang, the whole hat and sweater thing was really annoying, but if it gets me this kinda lovin’ then I’m down with it.”

26. OMG!!! Yorkie Sweateuw!!

*splode*

27. This even beats Project Runway!

28. *blink*
    *blink* *blink*

*splode*

29. you know, the sock sweater itself is a great idea, and the little yorkie McYorkersons is perfect, but when i saw the toe sock hat…SQUEEEEE

30. Yitzysmommie says:

Very Adorable. I immediately thought that my Granddog Buddha, a ShihTzu, needs one. But it would hafta be a larger sockie I’m thinking….

31. hmmm.
    wonder how i could make this work for a Bernese Mountain Dog.
    think I’ll need a bigger sock!

32. I wonder…could you turn a sock into a sweater for a … monkey?

33. Ooooh, now I know what went wrong with the Purrito.

“The leg holes! OMG I forgot the leg holes!”

34. There’s a definite “Ye shall perish fer this” look in Yorkie’s eyes in Step 2. But all is forgiven by snorgles.

35. When our little chi Stella was a baby, there were no sweaters small enough to fit her (she weighed 12 ounces when we brought her home!), so my husband made her one out of the elastic-y top of a tube sock. Kept her just warm enough that she didn’t shiver all the time.

36. Dammit, Meg, now that song is stuck in my head again! Took weeks to get it out after the pink sweateuw. Argh (-yle)!

37. Veronica and Theo – is the song you’re referring to “D**k in a box” (that Justin Timberlake-Adam Sandberg one?)

38. Samberg… but otherwise you’re right on.

39. This is very much like my favourite CO pick of all time, too:

Argyle is so perfect for a Yorkie.

40. I’m wondering the same thing about piggie-sweaters. But there’s that whole thing about near-lack of neckage.

41. This might be the best CO post, ever.

42. too freakin cute!

43. KWANZAA! (yorkies in sox!)

halp… earworm gots me…

44. I don’t think my kitties would fit in this sock… oh wait maybe lilac, she of the svelt siamese kitty body… Hmmmmm evil plotting going on in my head.:)

45. Earworm…. rolls eyes… I guess i gotta go look the song up since I don’t know the song… Cause Earworm songs are usually the best songs of all.

46. Okay well worth the hunt still laughing. Veronica thank you for mentioning it. OMG I will be singing it all day and that skit was hysterical.

47. hmmmmm….. I’m trying to think how to justify making my kitties wear sock sweateuws, when it’s like 90 degrees and 80% humidity down here in Miami…. Good use for the socks since I never wear them myself anymore…. Is there a donation site for sweateuw-less small doggies and kitties?

48. Redz- :-)

[me too - Ed.]

49. oh boy. crafts! if i had a baby sock, i could make one of these for a rattie…and if i could only find a really really big sock, i could make a matchink one for myself!

50. I suppose you could create your own line of human-sized sock clothing. Judging by this thread, there is a market for that kind of thing.

I’ve seen duct tape outfits. Why not knitted socks?

51. Socks make great sweaters! I used to make sweaters out of socks for my Sphynxes, but they got a little too big. Toe socks (i.e. socks with toes like gloves) are best because they’re straight–no curve for the heel. Also, they make them in some great fabrics!

52. Mary (the first) says:

Subhangi, thanks for the article. Lucky little lion to be raised as a “stuf muffin”!:) Good news. Now for the sock, I can’t imagine putting that cap on anyone but I can see cutting off part of the “turtle neck” portion to make a round strip, and making a little head band out of it instead of having a cap. The kind that goes around and just covers up the earsies to keep them warm. That also allows a little more length at the back end if it’s needed.

53. Mary (the first) says:

oops I meant, “stud” muffin.

54. that pup is one snappy dresser !

and what a great way to use those lonely, single socks in your drawer !

55. chelonianmobile says:

Hee! Wonder if my new ferret would put up with being clothed. (Yes, I’ve finally got the ferret I wanted since I was eight! Yay!)

56. ThreeCatNight says:

How about using an oversized, cozy wool mitten?

57. Would this work for rabbits? I desperately want to make a sweater for my bunny.

58. you guys r silly says:

how cute! the little cap with the earsies sticking up out of it are teh best!
    &:o)

59. Wasn’t there some discussion on a sweater category? For the misc apples, trees, penguins, orphaned babies, etc.

60. The hat is too cute! We fashioned a similar sweater out of a shrunken sleeve for our kitten Penny! http://flickr.com/photos/greenpointkitty/1143447184/

61. liz:
    u could use a human tube dress for your berny! ^^

62. THE HAT, people, the hat!

The sweateuw is fab enough, but the hat just makes the outfit.

The clear directions are also a plus.

(Also, the song “D*ck In A Box” won an Emmy last weekend. Srsly. It’s an award-winning earworm.)

63. Aren’t Emmy awards for TV shows? You mean Grammy, maybe? (And… NO WAI!)

64. lewks lyke uh peenus

65. Eye of the beholder, Dran.

66. Theo – YES WAI!!

It was an Emmy. But it should definitely win a Grammy too!

67. For all of you wanting larger socks, think old Christmas stockings!

68. Mary (the first) says:

I now am thinking those two polar bear cubs could use some sweaters! It was 30 below, after all! Definitely sweater weather!

69. you forgot 2 steps.
    step 4: ???
    step 5: profit!

70. Zomg. Imagine my shock at seeing this here, just as I was telling a co-worker all about my first CO submish EVAR!

The Yorkie sweater shall live forever in internets infamy. :D

71. You cut the line in the argyle-sock, you wear ‘em both up
    You cut the line in the argyle-sock, you wear ‘em both up
    You cut the line in the argyle-sock, you wear ‘em both up

72. Q: Why do you take your shoes off every time you get to the door?

A: Because you keep Yorkies in a sock!

73. dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

74. Theo oh THeo what size sock would you need to make Bounce a sweater?
    I wanna know cause I cans knitts and I knows it might take me awhile but rikki could use bounce for another lift to look at the neighbors ?????? LOLOL

75. I appreciate your enthusiasm, I do… but that just ain’t gonna happen.

76. This photo is a little creepy, sort of like a crime scene.

“Alas, poor Yorkie, I knew him well.”

[...Horatio - Ed.]

77. Awesome post. And Theresa, et al? Your Scottish accents are doing nothing but making me think of Kevin McKidd, the cute yet troubled Vorenus from HBO’s Rome.

Cute puppies vs. cute Scotsmen. Hmmm…. A troubling dilemma. Both, please!

78. book_monstercats says:

It’s the hat. LOVL (laughs out VERY loud)

79. Aubrey you are right it does look like a crime scene, all we need is a little yorkie fur and it would be complete. OH and a chicken hawk feather, lol

80. *perk*

Vorenus in nothing butta sock?

schweeeeeeet ^^

81. Sooooooo chic!

82. I must confess some cognitive dissonance, giving a YORKSHIRE terrier after all, a Scots accent. But there’s really no other way for him to say “ARRRGYLLLLL!!!” ;)

BTW, isn’t it interesting how Yorkies became sort of an iconic, teeny tiny “useless” yappy dogs, when they’re from YORKSHIRE?? They’ll bash you right up a treat, tyke.

83. J- You do not need a sweater for your bunny. What you need, my friend, is Bunnderpants.
    Behold:

84. Catman Dude =^-.-^= says:

I’m bored looking a sock! NEED NEW PEEECHURES!!

85. Pure brilliance.

86. OMG, the person who posted the picture of kitty in a sleeve-sweater – LOL!! The tongue, y’all, the TONGUE.

87. That’s pathetic. People who dress up their dogs need to be shot.

88. Is it just me, or is the person giving the TLC rather nude?

[I'll take that over *rude* any day... - Ed.]

89. James, I don’t like to seem unwelcoming, as that is not the CO way. But I think you are not going to be comfortable here. ;)

90. How are you about squeals and bebeh-talk? ;)

91. Possibly someone needs their own shots updated? I’m thinking distemper…

92. I am not a animal dresser upper kinda person but I gotta say that pup looks so… sooo… like a person on COPS you know just caught trying to rob a bank or drive but prosh in his little outfit

93. opps I meant drive drunk not just drive

94. I think i’m going to make one for my mom’s Yorkie.

95. Oh my good god. I think that is the definition of prosh. The pup looks so reticent, ‘can I pull this look off? is the hat too much?’.

96. one of the erins says:

This is one for the files for me… I have recently become practically obsessed with Biewers, which is a German breed of Yorkie… but I can’t have one yet, because I live in an apartment.
    But mark my words, one day, a sock will be doomed!

97. Now THAT is great stuff !!!

98. SWEAAATEUUUUUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!