That’s levitation, Homes

[Jetsons hovercraft sound]

Nyerrrrooooooooowwwwwww!

Flying, originally uploaded by surlymonkey.

Excellent Sproinging-pointer-outering, Genesis B. ;)

Comments

1. WOW! Loves it!

2. Levitational bleen muppy! But isn’t this a double? I’m pleased to see it in any case!

3. Matchingks?
    Cool sproingatude! :)

4. Oh I love it!

Just what I needed for a smile after flea-bathing two pissed off kitties at 2:00am. Nothin’ like finding fleas all over the apartment! *grumble*

5. Awww, lol, flying dogs! They look so happy don’t they? Cuteness for sure!

6. aww perfect timing, perfect shot, perfect doggies!

7. The only good dog is a hoverdog.

8. <3

9. BLEEN + SPROING = BLOING!

Wheee, they look so happy they made my day. (and I do not believe it’s a coincidence the sun started shining when I saw this picture!)

10. icommenter says:

Holey moley.

One is so big and sleek and black, and the other is so little and floofy and white. Too stinking cute!!

11. even their shadows are cute!!!

12. Ah yes, they can levitate, but can they fly? Bowie can fly and he’s also a snappy dresser – I bet he has to beat the lady wienerdogs off with a stick: http://cutebabyfix.com/2007/08/11/bowie-the-flying-dachshound/

13. “How about the power to kill a yak, WITH MIND BULLETS! That’s telekenesis, Kyle!”

Did nobody get the “D” reference? Anybody??? Man, that was my favorite part about this entry!

14. Thats funny and nice shot!!:D

15. Proportionally speaking, the little white floofy one levitates higher than the black doggy.

16. The Hon Gladys Anstruther says:

What a happy picture, me and my buddy glad to be alive. No shopped please, cause it aint, actually its hidden thruster pacs under their fur,

17. I definitely got the Tenacious reference! I just sang the rest of the song. And it DEFINITELY gave the post many extra points.

18. OMG! it's Carrie says:

22. OMG! it's Carrie says:

I can fly, I can fly, I can flyyyyyyyyyyy

obscurer movie reference

23. OMG! it's Carrie says:

I can fly, I can fly, I can flyyyyyyyyyyy

obscurer movie reference

24. Ahhh, sometimes you just need to see a photograph of pure joy. Here it is! They are so happy to be alive, and somebody they love is behind that camera!

25. i lovelovelove the expression of pure joy on their faces + their beautiful coats…

are you sure these aren’t 2 rubber dogs? the picture caught them just as they were rebounding after impact: BOINK~

26. Carrie — Disney’s Peter Pan?

27. book_monstercats says:

Carrie, was it Dumbo? No matter anyway. What a super piccie. Smilink dogs.

28. aw they look so darn happy! Love it.

29. Yitzysmommie says:

What a wonderful happy picture to start my Friday! I loves it too.

30. Carrie — Rudolph?

31. LOLOLOL

what a GREAT picture!!

and a great start to my morning. thank you !

32. luvinmalssomuch says:

Great shot. They’re springing into action.

33. Sorry to poop all over the doggie love fest… but as someone who is absolutely terrified of dogs (having been chased and bitten by several over the years), I get really upset when I see dogs off-leash in public. Cute they may be… but strange dogs, running in public… no thanks. Especially that large black one. ~shudder~

34. I think big dog needs a bigger motor. He doesn’t seem to be getting much hover clearance.

35. Carrie — Thelma and Louise?

36. Superheroes to the rescue!!

37. I believe I can fly!

38. nice tenacious D ref.

loves it.

39. They look so HAPPY! Love it!

40. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

41. That is the cutest picture! A good get ya going Friday morning smile.It makes the pile of work on my desk a little less daunting.

42. luvinmalssomuch says:

I know I already commented but this picture makes me SUPER HAPPY! What a great way to end the week. They are sooooo happy.

43. You’re the wind beneath my wings. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

44. I just saw your post jess e, after I posted mine. Great minds think alike!

45. Ginger's Cotton Socks says:

OMG…

So cutesy!

The I can fly reference is Peter Pan… All you need is Faith, Trust, and a bit of PIXIE DUST!!!

Can someone give me a link with a youtube video or something involving the ‘killing a yak from 200 yards away with MIND BULLETS…’ comment.

It seems my kinda thing.

So cutesy!

It seems my kinda thing.

50. Ginger's Cotton Socks says:

OMG…

So cutesy!

It seems my kinda thing.

51. I can hear the wee white pup singing to the big one, “Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do anyhting better than you…”

Go Puppies!!!

52. ThreeCatNight says:

“We’re happy and peppy, and bursting with love!”
    (channeling Felix Unger)

53. WITH MIND BULLETS!!!!

Best D reference ever. Woot.

54. Nice, Theo. (roll eyes).

The whole hovering thing reminds me of the Gentlemen on Buffy. Cree-py.

I prefer: Wheeeee!

55. NotSupposedToBeDoingThisAtWork says:

But Miss Ruth, you have to admit these Gentle(dogs) are waaayy cuter…. but now that you said that… *shudder*

and Theo: Bahahah!

56. SQUEEEEEEE! Great photo, great composition, great timing – and how much joy it captures!!!
    I want to boingboing alongside them on a pogo stick!

57. Rachel of Cyberia says:

HOw about the power…to snoodle you?

58. what an amazing picture.

59. think of presents
    think of snow
    think of sleigh bells
    here we go!
    don’t wonder how or why
    you can fly
    you can fly
    you can fly!

(i think those are the lyrics)
    that is a GREAT shot!

60. Not Supposed… – yes these dogs are way cuter. And happier!

61. The Hon Gladys Anstruther says:

Um. Being English I read this as ‘That’s levitation Holmes’ie Watson to Holmes.
    Is it Homees ie Homeboy or some such. One of you colonials please explain.

62. Scruffylove says:

Gladys-It’s a reference from a Tenacious D (one half of whom is Jack Black)song called “Wonderboy.” My hubbie and I loved the song so much we named our now deceased teacup stingray after it.

63. As someone who is deathly afraid of strange dogs, I must say that that picture looks like the neighborhood pack coming to knock me down and tear my face off. Thanks, now I’m gonna have nightmares. :-P

64. “Ebony and ivory,
    live together in perfect har-mon-nee…”

65. The Hon Gladys Anstruther says:

Thanks Scruffylove, But now you leave me with whats a deceased teacup Stingray.

66. Luv the reference to the “D” there, Meg!

67. Scruffylove says:

A teacup stingray is a freshwater stingray. They look like regular stingrays, only miniature. He was probably 3 inches in diameter. He got a little beat up by some other fish and died. My husband dumped him in the river.

68. Righteous.

Ri to tha chuss. I could die happy right now.

69. T. Tenley O. says:

This post makes me feel so high above the mucky-muck in a castle made of clouds.

70. Elsa-
    thats a poodle or a bichon friese or something and a black lab.
    You might get licked to death, but I dont think you’re in any “danger”.
    anyway- if this is the kind of “packs of dogs” you have running in your neighborhood-
    i’m comin over to lay on the front yard!

71. meg, i officially heart you.

“and the demon asked: ‘be you angels?’”

“and i said, ‘we are not angels. we are but men. RAWK!’”

it warms my fuzzy little heart to see all the folks who caught the D reference.

yay for CO freaks!!!!! :)

72. AWESOME pic!! Kudos to the photographer, and a couple of chewy bones to the happy pupperoos!

73. OMG! it's Carrie says:

Theo – by a nose
    !

78. OMG! it's Carrie says:

Theo – by a nose
    !

79. Mary (the first) says:

Although I’m a “colonial” I also thought it was Holmes and have no clue about the D reference (who ARE you people?!) but I SO MUCH LOVE the photo. HAPPY DOGS parasailing through life, just wonderful. I want both of them to dance over to my house and stay.

80. tiny bubbles says:

“How about the power…to move you?”

Tewtelly sweet capshon.

81. OMGcarrie and Theo, Okay never having seen the Thelma and Louise Movie but having heard about it. ?? this would be the drive off the cliff scene??? [Yep! ...aaaand, fade to white - Ed.]
    (I know, I know, you would think I would have seen it but being a parent with toddlers and little money Movies were not high on my do list at the time)

82. i totally got the “D” ref.!!

83. a different Laura says:

The little one makes me think of those old “Mighty Dog” dog food commercials: something like “Pound for pound he uses more energy than most dogs twice his size!”

And am I dating myself to remember the little chuck wagon driving into the kitchen cabinets and confusing the poor pooch in another dog food commerical from the deep past?

84. Mindbending concept of “dating yourself” aside… that was Rob Reiner’s work. For real.

85. BOINGY BOINGY BOINGY!!!

86. Shannon Johnson says:

Awesome.

87. that’s awesome :)

88. OMG I luff this picture!! The doggies look so happy.

89. berthaslave says:

It’s not flying, peeps…it’s doggies trying to stay off the hot sidewalk to protect their little tootsies!!!

90. I (non-colonial) tort it was Holmes too, but maybe we be pig ignorant, yesno?

91. I don’t know if anyone said this above so here I go…

“DINEEEEERRRR!”

“Up, up and awaaaay!”

92. This pic makes me smile. And after a day at the dentist I needed it!!!

93. SUPER Tenacious D ref. I think these dogs also have the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away… with MIND BuLLEts!

94. cute puppies and the D?? *sigh* life is finally complete, thanks meg!

… what is the secret of YOUR power? lol

95. I love this post so much was going to e-mail it to a frreind but ran into trouble doing it. But ots one of the greatest live animal freeze shots ever!!!!!!!!

96. Too bad Cute Overload wasn’t around when Muybridge was taking all those dang pictures. Think of the film he would have saved!

97. molls, that’s exactly what i thought of when i saw this: “good ol’ edweaoured (or however the heck he spelled it) is at it again.” heh.

98. So Freakin’ Cute! LOVE IT!

99. *L* SO adorable!

And for those of you that don’t get the Tenacious D reference…

100. Woah, cool, and, do you listen to Tenacious D? thats a line from wonderboy. the name of the post. XD

101. Great photography!

102. LOL, I can’t believe someone actually nuff’d this one. That said, these are some happy dogs! That fluffy white one is really into it!