Giant Turtle ‘Tocks

Caked and wrinkly, turtle ‘tocks
Crinkly, crusty turtle ‘tocks
Rumpled, puckered turtle ‘tocks
Ridged, and dimpled, turtle ‘tocks.
Olé!

Cimg3081

Furrowed, folded, crumpled, crusty-tacular, Cheryl H.!

Comments

1. There is a turtle in San Diego bay called “”wrinklebutt” I wonder if she is related to this ‘tock’!

2. hrh.squeak says:

Love the curly turtly tail.

The only person I can think of when I see “wrinklebutt” is Michael Douglas.

3. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Das is a Cherman helmet vis der legs.

4. Here is wrinklebutt…do the tocks look similar? http://tinyurl.com/ypw4fy

5. fish eye no miko says:

hrh.squeak said: “The only person I can think of when I see ‘wrinklebutt’ is Michael Douglas.”

Thank *so* much for planting THAT image in my mind right before bedtime… ~_~

6. Martin-san says:

Wow! An eeelefant is visting his friend somewhere inside a shell^^

7. Mrs. Lane E. Us says:

Looks like he needs Turtle Wax’n real bad!

8. acelightning says:

I have this overpowering urge to connect up the garden hose…

9. Knoweroftortoises says:

Pretty sure that’s a tortoise, guys.

10. Knoweroftortoises says:

Pretty sure that’s a tortoise, guys.

11. turtleclub says:

isnt that a tortoise?

12. if I can keep thoses darned bugs off I find seeeemud bath aaaahhhhh better now where is some yummy fruits I go tocking away.
    Mike douglas I’ ll always associate with a giant turtle interesting

13. Guess what? that’s a tortoise ;)

14. looks like a deformed grey football with feetz + tock.

15. I love turtles and all things even remotely related to them *such as -dun dun dun- tortoises!*

uh..trish…highly doubtful.

Wrinklebutt- sea turtle.

This dude- not sea turtle.

16. he’s all waddling around in his dad’s shell ^^

17. Squeee! Nice tor’tocks!

Re: Martin-san’s “Elephant inside a shell” – that’s a PERFECT description! I LOLed.

(That ees a tortoise, by the way. There’s no doubt.)

18. white_jenna63 says:

Yup, it’s a tortoise. But all tortoises are technically turtles, but not all turtles are tortoises. Oh, and all names are subject to change in different continents.
    Now that the alliteration’s done, if it’s got big elephant feet, it’s a tortoise. If it’s got webbed swimmy feet, it’s a turtle.
    *takes off zookeeper hat*

19. Don’t look, Ethel!
    Too late! She’d already been mooned! :D

20. Love seeing the turtle/tortoise family on here! A proud momma of a 18yr old russian tort here!

21. Renee in Texas says:

Either way, I shall never look at a turtle/tortoise the same way again

22. Eet looks like a heffalump in an Army helmet! (Perhaps the area was being shelled?)

23. luvinmalssomuch says:

I think that’s a tortoise if it hasn’t already be said. Yup it is.

24. I’m hearing the Super Mario Bro’s theme song…
    *BOING!*
    *BONK!*
    This is a pic of a koopa post bonking, right before he recovers…

25. That’s too funny! It does look like a german helmet.

26. Yep, looks like a tortoise…but since tortoise is a subset of turtle, turtle is fine, too. (Sea turtle, however: not so much. I see no sea.) But usage of turtle/tortoise varies (says Wikipedia) depending on whether you’re speaking American, British, or Australian.

27. HEhehe my first thought wasit is shaped suspiciously like a little baby trying to do their first sommersault. I laughed out loud. Excellent Picture

28. Who knew the turtle ‘tocks song is actually the lost ending to ‘Chocolate Rain’?!?!?

::sings it forever and ever::

29. `When we were little,’ the Mock Turtle went on at last, more calmly, though still sobbing a little now and then, `we went to school in the sea. The master was an old Turtle–we used to call him Tortoise–‘

`Why did you call him Tortoise, if he wasn’t one?’ Alice asked.

`We called him Tortoise because he taught us,’ said the Mock Turtle angrily: `really you are very dull!’

30. Looks like a dirty pac man is eating him.

31. hmm.
    my cute-o-meter must be busted.
    i guess it has its own kind of “cute-ness”.
    LONG weekend! whooo-hooo!
    Have a great one everybody!

32. for you torty/turtle lovers:
    why do they curl up their tailios like that?

33. his tail is curled under cuz he’s embarrased that he got busted with no panties by the tortarazzi when he was out partying with Paris and Britney :D

34. lol… thank you, NYgirly!
    I shall now sleep better knowing the answer.

35. NYgirly: I think you’ve got it! Lindsay Lohan couldn’t make it.
    Laughing my butt off here (and getting strange glances from the boss….)

36. Stephanie S. says:

This is somehow totally totally cuuuuuuute!!!

37. I do love me some tortie tookis. And tortie tail. Whenever I hold my three toed box turtle, I have to squeeze his teeny tail. He’s not fond of this action.

38. *adds on* Yes, that is most definitely a tortoise. Notice the elephantine feet and domed shell – turtles generally have flipper-like feet and a sleek, flatter shell for lower water resistance.

But whatEVER! This little dude/ette is simply PROSH. The curly wrinkly tail action is too moische. Since this fella is probably purty big, I would like to hold onto it and walk (slo o o o wly) behind him going “la la la!”

39. First the baby hippo ac-shons, then the tortoise- this needs to linky-ed for your viewing pleasures. Don’t mind the bad grammers tho- CBD wuz not an eenglish major like mee:

I loves me some zoo aminals.

40. Shannon Johnson says:

Whoa! that is all I can really say at this point.

41. Turtle table!

42. “I like turtle.” [grin]

43. Turtle/tortoise… All the same to me. It’s cute!

44. so, meg, as i’m sure you know, some of us have a friend crush on you…you know, “someday maybe i’ll meet meg and she’ll think i’m cool…”

anywho, this little turtle song has just made my creepy cyber friend crush waaaaaaay more pathetic.

45. (cuz i like it so much and now i think you’re even cooler than i did before)

46. anner, I feel the same way. Maybe not 3X as much (lol) but the same all together. She is just so darn witty and you just KNOW she would be a riot on a girls night!

47. Is that the back of him or is he just trying to see his own belly??

48. *perk*

did someone say Meg was gonna tour the States (sorry to Canada et al.: we get her first hehehe) for girls’ nights out across the country? ^^

*nods in agreement*

Meg does seem neat!

49. Yet Another Michelle says:

*sigh* cute turtle talio!

Do you ever have one of those near perfect moments that just come crashing down around you? Here’s mine:

I was at the library with my eldest son, and low and behold in the parking lot was a gaggle of these really feathery with ‘tocks white chickens. And they had babies. And there was a car parked right to the perfectly-framed-in-my-viewfinder-left of them that had a license plate reading “eehhhh” (almost ehhn). I was framing the shot,waiting for the perfect chickie ‘tocks view, thinking of all the glory I’d receive on CO, how I’d even edit the c.o.x.c.u. for Meg, how I might maybe get invited to work in the Dream Office, etc., etc.

And then to my horror….camera battery was dead. Then the chickens took their beautiful, feathery white ‘tocks back under the fence.

Maybe another day the Qte Starz will align again…

50. Yet Another Michelle says:

And I second the “Meg’s Girls’ Night Out Tour”. Meg rocks!

51. A male Galapagos tortoise, so I’m told.