Four Days Old!

[upbeat daytime theme music]

and now, today’s News Of Teh Qte™!
Featuring your host, BABY HIPPO:

Bebehipo
[ticka-tak, ticka-tak, ticka-tak]

Many thanks and scratchy wet snout nuzzles to CBS News‘ "Photos Of The Day" peeps!

Comments

1. bluefairy says:

What beautiful eye capsules!

2. Check out those eye capsules! Tres cute.

3. I just squealed at work.

4. Ahh, I am torn, do I scritch behind its oh so tiny ears first or go straight in an beep that little noisicle? maybe for now I’ll just sit here and awwwwwwwwwwww

5. *dies* Gawww, lookit hims! Stho cute!!

The ears! The EARS, people!

*ear nibbles* *innocent face*

6. Aaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

7. I want one.

But not as much as I would truly love my very own House Hippo.

Maybe that’s a Canadian commercial – the House Hippos, that is. But maaaan. Show me someone who DOESN’T want at least one HH residing in their house…

8. Just so no one thinks I’ve lost my marbles:

House hippos.

9. Shannon Johnson says:

I want a baby hippo, he ees so cute.

10. They call me tha… hiphopapotamus, my lyrics are bottomless!

11. That cute little hippo was born on my birthday!!

12. Oh wow, I like cute things, but they don’t normally get an audible reaction out of me. But this one made me gasp with happy surprise. What a CUTIE!

13. OMG! Hippos!!!1!1!!

Seriously, When I saw this image, I gasped aloud, then my hands shot up to my face, á la “home alone.”

Then I squeed myself.

14. OMG go here and listen and watch this hippo song video it is hilarious. Still giggling.

15. i want a hippopotamus for christmasssss

only a hippopotamus will dooooooo

don’t want a doll or dinky tinker toys

i want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy

16. Hippos are my most FAVIES! Look at this lil’ guy. Momma has a watchfull on eye on him though, I mean COME OHNS! He is only four days old.

17. Eeeeeee! I defiinitely just squeaked out loud when I scrolled down and saw this.

Anyone else think he looks like a Moomintroll, btw?

18. I bet Shrek secretly wishes *his* ears were that cute.

19. can I hug you bebbeh, or will that ork off your momma maybe if I come back with a dozen or so mellons and keep her ocuppied I can get that snorgle?

20. OMG so cute.
    Do eye spy a Di eye ???

21. My parents say that when I was little I said “hippanopotamanus”.

Obligatory obscure Giles, Giles and Fripp lyric: “They say that you are hip, I understand that’s short for ‘hippo’.”

22. luvinmalssomuch says:

awwwwwwwwwww!

23. Nice muzzlepuff!

24. LOL Owen!

25. Yep. I’m in love. Helplessly. I want to nibble the chub. I also have a massive urge to just grab that bebeh and PBBBBLTTTTT on the tummy!!!

26. *accidentally loses baby potamus in pile of baked potatoes*

*sob*

27. If one were to look up “wide-eyed innocence” in wikipedia, this little hipplette’s photo should be right there!

28. yay for house hippos ^^

29. Pearl Ostroff says:

Of course, there is the best hippopotamus song ever by the wonderful Flanders and Swan. It never fails to make me smile, even laugh.
    go here for the lyrics:

30. Du-aaaaaAAAAWWWWW!

Cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute….

31. AWWWWW!!!
    Soooooo cute!

32. yayyyyyy nostrils!!!!

33. NotSupposedToBeDoingThisAtWork says:

sad i can’t see house hippo vid at work… but that’s another item on my list of reasons to move to canada. you guys get house hippos too!?

love love love cute little bebeh hippo!!! kinda want to steal him, but that would make momma angry… don’t wanna be messin’ with no angry hippos, y’all. :0

34. Shannon M says:

OMG! The eye capsules! The ear wrinkles! The wet nosicle. I may faint. :-)

BTW – loved the house hippo video.

35. jen – that hippo song is the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this picture!
    I want this bebeh hippo for christmas – “there’s lots of room for him in our two-car garage, I’ll feed him there and wash him there and give him his massage…”

Love love LOVE the little Shrek-ears and belly flab. Pity they grow so big.

36. Mary (the first) says:

LOVE the EYE CAPSULES! And… .I have the original LP (yes) of Swann and Flanders with the Mud, Mud GLOOORIOUS mud song. One of my all time favorites. Evar.

37. Awww:)
    I want to feed it baby greens

38. Here I am, looking at the cute, when I’m hipposed to be working.

39. Aubrey, the cute has become a potomus. No use trying to fight it.

40. A frahnch ippo?! Sacre Bleu!

41. Yitzysmommie says:

Can’t decide.
    The earsies?
    The eye capsules?
    The nosesicle?
    His leetle mini hippo self?

42. *finds bebeh potamus*

*lays a pat of butter on him* ^^

43. And did you know that hippos turn PINK in the sun?

44. I am overcome by the excessive cuteness. The ear nubbins, the eye capsules, the four day old hungry, hungry hippo…already noshing on grass!

Someone hold me…

45. Keith Handy, when I was about three, I reportedly eyeballed a heavy woman in the supermarket and said “Hello, Apotamus.”

46. *deep, deep inhalation*

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Squee

Ok, seriously people, that is by far the cutest thing I have ever seen on Cuteoverload!

I just wanna grab him, mold him into a ball and put him in my mouth!

Or just, just…..GAHHHHH, TEH CUTE!

47. TracyFlick says:

That is a fat baby, lady.

Wait.

It’s a hippo?

Oh.

48. Good news! I have enough room in my back yard to build a hippo enclosure, complete with swimming pool. Woot! Now, I just gotta start digging for my wallow, and then I’ll order my Hippo Kit.

49. Juniper Jupiter says:

I came here to say two things:

The obligatory OHMIGAW WHAT CUTE WIDDOW HIPPOW SQUEEE!!!!ELEVENTY ONE!!!! :D

and the maybe obscure D’ja get that thing I sentcha? :P

50. succumbs to cuteness and *PLONK* falls over dead

51. RedZ — make sure you read the fine print when you order the Hippo Kit, or you’re likely to end up with a forklift pallet of Hostess snacks.

52. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
    This is fo realz the cutest thing ever to exist!

53. Too cute, too cute, toooo cuuuuute!

54. AIEEEEEEEEEEEE NEWBORN HIPPO BEBEH!!! I LUBS HEEM!!!

*snorgles bebeh*

*beeps snout*

*tickles belly*

*sees momma charging*

Uh oh.

55. Cute… but is there a reason why I wasn’t credited with this after I sent in the link to the video and news article a few weeks ago? :\ Just hoping that my support of this site wouldn’t go unnoticed…

56. This is the cutest thing I have seen all day.
    Great submish!

57. Hip…hip-hop…

hip-hop-atanamous.

58. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

The square of the Hippotaneus is equal to the sum of the squares of the two adjacent sides.

59. Juniper Jupiter: That’s it. You’ve SLAIN me!!!!

And HOUSE HIPPOS!!?!?/1!/ You lucky lucky Canadians.

60. I gotta stop coming here when everyone else is asleep: I just had to suppress the loudest squeal!!

61. Jess K — I was filling in for Meg when I posted this. I just happened to see this pic on CBSNews.com beforehand. Meg is the only one with access to the main CO cutemail box, which (just to remind) is routinely full of tens of thousands of submissions in it at any given time.

62. If they start moisturizing now the bebe will be supple for life!

63. No Way, this must be a coincidence—the bebe hippo pic and the turtle tocks on the same day! It reminds me of the baby orphaned hippo who followed the huge tortoise around like its momma! remember?

64. Gladys–
    a little scarecrow going on there? (the Oz type, not the mellancamp type).

65. just adorable! this made my week ^_^

66. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Kiragirl. Duh? please splain. Gladys.

67. Gladys,
    your quote about the square reminded me of the Scarecrow in Wizard of Oz when his brain kicks in.
    sorry for confusion, have a good weekend.

68. metsakins says:

hey guys, I’m in a library and I nearly screamed.

OMG the eye capsule too dazed to drive home have to go across to starbucks and get an expresso to snap out of it

OMGPONIES!!!!11!!1!

69. i not the only one to make the hippo~potato connection, looky here:

reminds me of that calendar “Play With Your Food” where the aminals are made from food:

so clever!