Baby hedges adopt hairbrush Mom

Poor baby hedges. Have a hairbrush for a Mom. Could be worse. Could be a Marlboro Light.

For more on this story, check out the Daily Mail UK.

Momeeeeee

Or a can of Diet Coke, right Bookish B.?

Comments

1. OMG this is soooo matchinks

2. Theo- please note and admire my restraint re the “b” word

[Yes yes, admirable of you… – Ed.]

[ ;) ]

3. Oh, that is really cute. Hedgehogs are so fascinating.

4. awww, wee leetle hedgies, I’ll be yer mommy…so squeet!

5. Oakie, what kinda restraints didja use?
    Research purposes only of course.

6. OMG… this totally belongs in “Cute or Sad?”

7. eep! i have checked and there are no hedgehogs with MY hairbrush. harumph

8. Metz: fur-lined handcuffs, natch.

9. I definitely nominate this for “Cute or Sad”…

10. Mary, Mungo, Midge and Slappy!!! That’s their names.. check out the article.

I think that’s sweet… and I’m glad they got some human mommies to rear them.

11. cutepuncturist says:

OMG cute or sad!?!

somehow it is way sadder than if they were adopted by some random other species like if a chicken were keeping them warm (ouch!)

12. I have a comb. No hairbrush. This would explain my appalling lack of hedgie bebehs.

Must.
    Rectify.

13. awwwwwww *covers hedgies wit kisses*

YOINK
    YOINK

*grabs two hedgies and glues to each end of hair headband*

*dances around showing off PHAT new hedgemuffs*

14. NotSupposedToBeDoingThisAtWork says:

*steals NYgirly’s phat hedgemuffs b/c they are tooooooo freakin’ sweet*
    *and I’m too lazy to make my own*

*also 4ths “cute or sad” nom*

15. AuntieMame says:

Wheeeeere is my hairbrush?
    Oh, wheeeeere is my hairbrush?

Oh, here it is, under the hedgehogs!

16. Oh my gawd. So wee-uhd. i stumbled on teh exact same story RIGHT after seeing this post. So wee-uhd. It’s like my “stumble on” radar knew exactly what I wanted – more hedgies!

17. Hedgiebaby One: I can’t find the button to turn it on.
    Hedgiebaby Two: Where could it be???? I’m gettin hungry!
    Hediebaby Three: Button, button, who has the button!Hediebaby Four: Quit goofing off and find the button!

18. This is so sad I might shed a tear. Poor little babies :’)

19. …and while you are at it, check out this little fella:

20. *gives NotSupposedToBeDoingThisAtWork the Super-Evil-Hairy-Eyeball lewk*

*trip*

*saves precious PHAT baby hedgemuffs from harm*

*feigns shocked lewk as NSTBDTAW takes a nasty looking face plant*

*places hedgemuffs back into rightful place on HER head*

*dances off into the sunset*

21. luvinmalssomuch says:

AWWWWWDORABLE!

22. Now, now!! So far, the nuffs haven’t raised their ugly heads, so let’s don’t be fighting over hedgie-muffs!

(Aside…SQUEAL!!! But what an awesome idea!! Hedgie-muffs!!!)

23. None over here, either…maybe it’s because my hairbrush is plastic.

24. This needs to go in Cute & Sad! T_T

25. Shannon Johnson says:

so cute hedges, I hope that they find their mommy.

26. I vote for Cute or Sad too.

How starved for affection are these poor things? Typical though apparently, orphans desparately looking for parental figures.

At least they have each other.

27. Oooh, poor little darlings! It’s so perfect for them: baby monkeys get stuffed animals, baby hedgehogs get a hairbrush. Natch.

28. It’s also funny if you’re just dyslexic enough to read the headline transposed, as in “HAIRBRUSH MOM ADOPTS BABY HEDGES”

29. NotSupposedToBeDoingThisAtWork(ButNowI'mHome) says:

Hey, NYgirly! I wasn’t going to HURT them… just WEAR them! no need for violins…..

i was just a little jealous of your super phat hedge-muffs lol :)

p.s. *best marcia brady voice* ohw! my nose!

30. I’m kind of surprised that nobody’s commented upon the sly reference to cigarettes, specifically Benson and Hedges vs. Marlboro. So I’ll do it:

Look, everybody! It’s a sly reference to cigarettes, specifically Benson and Hedges vs. Marlboro!

My work here is done. Thank you, good citizens, for your kind attention.

31. Mrs Snorgler says:

What gets me is that teensy little hobbit foot on the far left. Little feet are so exceptionally adorable.

32. hey! i only took two hedgies for my uber-PHAT hedgemuffs… there are two more left yanno ^^

(“no need for violins” LOL)

*semi-begrudgingly assembles a second set of PHAT hedgemuffs for guests*

should i glue-gun some swarovski bling on or no?

33. MWah, mwah, mwaah! ‘Mary’, ‘Mungo’, ‘Midge’ and ‘Slappy’!!!1! What the heck!! Those names rawck. he, he, he, ‘Slappy’….*snigger*

34. SeaBreeze says:

Hedgies!!!!!!1!

35. NYgirly- I think you should *bedazzle* them.

36. At least they’re not sitting on top of a truck or a train like that bird in “Are you my mommy?”

37. Sigh. I would like a job at the “New Forest Otter, Owl and Wildlife Park”. Serious CO dream office. :)

38. NotSupposedToBeDoingThisATWork(ButNowI'mHome) says:

*goes to store*

*returns much later bearing Hedgehog Chow & Hedgie Treats as peace offering for NYGirly*

Hmmm… swarovski bling/bedazzle bling… tough call…. :D

39. fish eye no miko says:

AuntieMame said:
    “Wheeeeere is my hairbrush?
    Oh, wheeeeere is my hairbrush?
    Oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where oh, where…is my hairbrush?”

I gave it to the peach, cuz he has hair.

40. Well, as they say, if you can’t be with the one you love, . . .

41. My favorite part: “they play with soil, leaves, flower pots and the like.”

I do that too!

42. this is the saddest thing ever!
    i want a pet hedgehog. except my cats would probably eat it. or at least “play” with it to death :(

poor little hedgies with no mom but a …. brush.

43. Awwww, this should be in Cute Or Sad as well.

Sooo tiny.

44. acelightning says:

Uh, people, the article says it’s a *cleaning* brush, not a hairbrush – it even mentions that it smells like a hedgehog’s natural habitat, because they use it to sweep the yard. But i’m sure the babies appreciate the bristly-ness of the brush even more than the scent. And bravo for the humans taking such good care of the little hedgies!

45. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Little hedgies in training for when they become lint removers.

46. *lewks up with swarovski crystals stuck to places where NO swarovski crystals should be*

*removes embedded bedazzler stud from left eye and right nostril*

in small voice: help me

47. Nerdie McCataloger says:

How is this not in the “hedgehog” category?

[Wups! Fixed now… – Ed.]

48. alexandra says:

CUTE OR SAD? It’s saaad. Like those monkeys who cuddle up to fake mommies. They need love and they aren’t going to get it from that brush.

49. Slappy?! Why on Earth would you name a hedgehog SLAPPY?!? Is this a Brit thing?

50. Cupnoodle says:

Awwwwwwwww…~!! This story is pulling really hard on my heartstrings!!

51. one of the erins says:

AuntieMame said:
    “Wheeeeere is my hairbrush?
    Oh, wheeeeere is my hairbrush?

Thanks for the earworm! No really, it’s way better than any I would get off the radio…

P.S. the names crack me up.

52. ThePhilosopher says:

These hedgies are going to need therapy when they grow up. Their mother does not show them enough affection.

53. Furbabies says:

I have nothing but love and respect for the folks who are caring for these sweeties and everyone else who cares for the lost, injured and orphaned. There really are some fine people out there. It renews my faith in humans.

54. Funniest title EVER!

55. That picture is truly the epitome of Cute or Sad…

Before I read the story I thought it was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.

Now, I want to give those hedgies a gentle group hug, spines be damned.

Poor hedgies :(

56. Vicky n Luke says:

we took Slappy to the otter and owl wildlife park as he was wandering around our garden in the daytime. We called him slappy because he was a noisy eater!

57. Sure, they love the brush, but will the brush love THEM?!

:'(

58. I remember a Sergio Aragones marginalia cartoon in Mad Magazine that showed a little hedgie falling in love with a hairbrush…

59. FancyUnicorn says:

…and slappy!

did not like the truck part

60. cute little baby ferret says:

wooooooow you have rule 14,19,and 17.And a bonus from mez…there adorable!