The More You Know: Sitting on Others

The_more_you_know2People,

When you sit on a kitteh, however absentmindedly, make sure he can still breathe.

Because, kittehs need air too. [head tilt]

The More You Know. [nodding action with music in the background]

Bangkok

Sure, this photo looks like it was taken in Bangkok 17 years ago, Justin D., but the message is STILL just as valuable today.

Michelle B., great work on the TMYK logo.

Comments

1. MaggieBelle says:

In my house, we’d call him a “Bumpus Hound”.

2. halp!

3. Poor kitteh. If that dog is like most older siblings *glares at sister* he’s gearing up to let one rip. Bad puppy!

4. *rotfl* omg…that brings back so many memories of me and my sisters. And there’s nothing ‘absent minded’ about that sit.

5. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

I don’t think the cats beaten yet. ‘With one bound he was free’.

6. I think that kitten had it coming…

This has been two days in a row that I’ve been laughing out loud. Meg, you’re on a roll…not that I usually don’t laugh…but this is laughing out loud.

7. BITE him in the butt!

8. *snorfle*

it’s almost Cute or Sad.

9. Fah! Just what I needed after a dull afternoon’s data entry. Funniest picture I’ve seen in ages.

10. Yes, my name is really Cricket says:

BWA HA HA HA!!! Bumpus Hound! HA HA HA!!!

Puppy is all like, “what the matter, why you laughin’?”

11. Butt-to-mouth recuscitation….

12. HOLY CRA*! Your logo is too funny! Please make “The More You Know” a category, PLEEEEEASE! (whinge whinge)

13. Aww… poor kitty. But as they say, ignorance of the law is not an excuse, and that kitty obviously was unaware of section 502(b) in the snorgling code:

“Mandatory daily puppy ‘tocks snorgling’.

14. MaggieBelle — OMG, the first thing *I* thought of when I saw this was Flick squealing while having his arm twisted by the evil Scott Farkus.

“Uncle! UN-CLLLLLLLE!!!!!”

15. “Randy lay there like a slug. It was his only defense.”

16. Elizabeth P says:

Boy, is HE gonna get a nasty surprise when his cushion starts fighting back…

17. luvinmalssomuch says:

How rude Mr. Dog.

18. paisleydust says:

Um… it’s not funny to me unless I know the kitten ended up ok. The photo does make it look like the poor thing can’t breathe and I’m a bit surprised it’s considered cute.

Can anyone tell me if the kitten came out of this ok?

19. This is prime catsplat if I ever did see it ^^

20. That dog is like ‘cat? What cat? I don’t see one.’
    And the poor cat is like ‘Halp! He had chili for lunch!’

21. Desdemona says:

paisleydust — you obviously don’t have a cat. Please refer to the Garfield/Odie relationship. You will see that the kitty in this pic has his nose out in the open and his hind feet splayed in that “I’m about to do my kick boxing thing” attitude. You will also note that this is clearly a puppy in the pic. The next pic in this sequence undoubtedly showed the puppy yelping and jumping 10 feet in the air . . . so, if you are going to feel sorry for anyone, it should be the puppy, I think.

22. Paisleydust-

suffice it to say “the blood drawing is about to begin”
    so pity the dumb-puppy if you must feel for one of them. :)

23. Alexis, you *tewtelly* win for the Christmas Story reference!!

24. Anyone see Lion King?

“Excuse me, Madame. GET UP!”

(luff the christmas story one – much better than mine!)

25. That pup looks like a mob enforcer! He’ll sit on ya until you pay your bookie.

And really paisleydust – do you think the human taking the photo wouldn’t have shooed the dog away if the cat were suffocating? Or that the cat wouldn’t fight back? Or that there is some long litany of puppy butt smothering fatalities out there?

26. OOF! GET YER FAT BUTT OFFA ME!!! *razor sharp claws of doom spring into place, ready for action*

27. ThreeCatNight says:

Puppeh: “Ahh! I need to rest. Ooh, it just feels so nice and soft here.”
    Kitteh: “Ooph! Will you please get your arse off me! I can’t breathe! Getting to be that a cat can’t walk down the street anymore without getting molested by some dumb dog! You’ll be sorry! Okay – I’m getting the claws ready right now!”

28. Puppy is about to discover that 5 out of Kitty’s six ends sport sharp pointies…

–TwoDragons

29. “…Or that there is some long litany of puppy butt smothering fatalities out there?”

Muffy, this made me snort.

30. Or that there is some long litany of puppy butt smothering fatalities out there?

Omg.. I agree hey-h. CO has had me laughing harder the last few days than normal. The Alpacas and now this. I warned you, I’m going to move in. I’ve got my bags packed.

31. My money is on the cat.

32. i’m looking and looking and studying the photo. and cant fo the life of me figure out what that cat part is that is sticking up at the back part of the cat.
    it it a hind leg? tail? front leg ? maybe i’m trying too hard. anyone???

33. Katherine says:

LMAO!!

34. I loves it! That kitty is all, “What the hell? I sit down for a nice bath and get this?” It’s the back leg action that does me in.

Vair funny indeed. That’s dog’s all “take the picture, quick!”

35. Ah scuthe me, there theemth to be thumthing under my butt. Oh, ith a kitteh.

36. Kitty Halp HAlp Halp Get off me you big lug. you in big trouble buster.

Puppy. doh to doh! Now where is that little orange kitten he was here just a second ago.. I wonder where he went.

37. TwoDragon — Nice Calvin & Hobbes reference. It’s my single favorite line out of the entire 10-year lifetime of the strip.

38. MaggieBelle says:

*sniff*

*sniff sniff*

What’s that I smell…? Is it commentroversy?

Geez people, the cat is FINE! Get over it.

Also the line about Randy lay there like a slug. Brilliant! Wish I’d thought of it!

39. Baden's Mom says:

And to further address the concern about kitteh smothering: puppies don’t stay still for long (as long as it takes to pee on the carpet), then they’re OFF! So, my bet is that the photo captured a rare moment of sitting.

40. Pudding?

41. CATS ALWAYS LAND ON THEIR FEET. PUPPIES ALWAYS LAND ON CATS.

42. I gots Chocolate Roger but Teho says I should not be throwing it as it is for eating. Do you by chance have lemon or butterscotch???

43. Eh, this isn’t a puddin-worthy commentroversy. One post from a person who was uninformed about the physical defenses of felines, then a lot of people who were amused at the idea of a po’ helpless kitteh. I say it doesn’t count.

Hey, am I starting a meta-commentroversy? Someone disagree with me! Cmon, I dare ya!

44. smooshed kitteh: “don’t u dare fart now”

45. gravyboat says:

This is the bestest picture ever!!!

46. hey-H we were just bored. twiddles hair in fingers eyes glaze over as they look at computey..
    Phoooosh.. I should be working got lots to do but am just feeling like I want to go take a nap… kinda like the little orange kitten

47. Death by puppy butt! LMAO there are worse ways to go…

and all those who said Meg’s been on a roll, I tewtally agree!

48. also, Rikkikitten really needs to see this PSA.

49. Wolverine Librarian says:

I was wondering how long it would be before this picture made it to CO. I’ve been getting this in my email for about 2 weeks.

Usually in the context of how to reduce stress.

50. What’d that puppeh have for lunch?

51. logo: TOO awesome. WAY TOO AWESOOME!

My sister used to do this thing called “fat pony contest.” Yeah. It’s a longer story than needs to be gotten into here, but needless to say, like many other of my CO sisters here today… oh MAN this brings back nightmarish memories! FAT PONY NOOOOOOO!!!!

52. Librarians reduce stress by sittin’ on a kitten?
    Wow, I knew you guys were hard core but that’s pretty rough.
    I like to let kittens sit on ME.

53. That pup’s about to learn a lesson he will never forget. I’m a kitty lover and I still can’t stop laughing.

Speaking of lessons, is it possible to ban anyone who starts a post with the uber-snotty “um”?

54. ok, all righteousness aside, this is the best picture evarrrr!!!
    my bum wins over your head, everytime!!!

55. Shannon Johnson says:

“hey! git offa me, I can’t breathe”

56. Kitteh don’t like doggeh smell.

57. dog butt fatilites LOLOLOLOLOL please stop I haven’t stopped laughing I copied this on for my dog to remind him he is bigger than the cats in my house, but he does watch out for my 20 year old he does not try and cross her to often.

58. No!! Poor kitty :(

59. Um … that’d be a rather *frantic* “Ehn! EHN! EEEEHN!”

60. ooohhh…kitty’s fixin’ to hurt someone.

61. theloveofisis says:

You used my TMYK graphic!! Words cannot express how warm and fuzzy this has made me. Thanks for the compliment, Meg. *blushes with glee*

62. I have a feeling that kitteh had been pestering doggie for so long. It must be doggie’s revenge on kitteh now!

63. yes, the cat died, paisleydust. from being sat on by a hyper-intelligent puppy who understood the concept of smothering and kept his ass on the cat’s face despite the life-or-death struggle going on beneath his butt. really if it’s not cute you should just admire the dog for his dedication to cat murder!

64. … I hope orange kitteh decided it was time to unsheath the claws… ;)

65. Can we pleeeze start a new category called “i seeeeeet on you”? cute things are always funnier and cuter when sitting on each other.

66. The ass is like SQUARE on the cat. Not just a paw, or the behind, but like full dog ass action comin at the face.

Oh dear.

67. OH HA HA HA! Man. I needed that.

68. Boo Boo da Bad says:

Oh, the kitteh’s little stub tail! SQUEEE!!!!

My George had a tail that looked JUST like that…same length and everything.

When I saw this pic, I was all “Oh…hahaha…OMG! GEORGIE!1!”

69. Am I the only one feeling sorry for the cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70. Bad Kitteh!!! Those were MY cheezy poofs!!!