THIS JUST IN: 20 Cheerios stuffed in powsches!

BREAKING NEWS

Twenty Cheerios brand toasty O’s stuffed into hamsters powshes causes tubal blockage. MORE AT ELEVEN!

I hope they can get her out, Alden M. [shaking head, clasping hands]

Comments

1. Dat’s an awful lot of cherrios for one ham. And with no milk to wash it down too!

2. The first hamster ever to stuff 20 cherrios in his pouches.breaking teh Guiness book of world records :D

3. LOLOLOLOL. Hilarious!

I love the little butt rub at the end ( no pun intended). Go, hammie, go!!

4. Is it just me or are hamsters the greediest little buggers in the entire animal kingdom? I think we’ve seen sufficient evidence on this site that it’s so.

5. luvinmalssomuch says:

Always amazed how much hammies can stuff in their cheeks. They are so cute. I wuvs him.

6. He’s like Winnie the Pooh stuck in the honey tree hole. Oh bother!

7. OMG!! I love the butt rub at the end. CLASSIC.

8. That is cute. Brings back memories with me and my hamster.

9. Juniper Jupiter says:

Whateva happens….DON’T ADD THA MILK!!!! It’s like what happens when birds eat rice on wedding days!!!o.O

10. Ahahahah! Rudy can’t even get down the TUBE! What a fatums. What a loveums!

11. The bird/rice thing is just a rumor, folks.

(It’s on the Internet, so it must be true! No, seriously; a link is always good, right?)

12. A: So what do you do for a living?
    B: I’m one of ESPN’s hamster announcers.
    A: ONE of them?

13. Yubi Shines says:

Hams are just so much fun to feed. They pick up the greediness from their humans :/

14. Pooh, we told you not to eat all the hunny. Now Rabbit has to bring all his friends and relations to pull you out.

15. Da D-dude says:

Ok it sure is funny and cute, and I don’t wanna spoil the fun or be an asshole here, but Cheerios are bad for hamsters, they shouldn’t eat any sweet things…

16. Silent Meow says:

Did they manage to get the hammy out?

17. “Has she had it?”
    “Not yet. 9…10…”
    “Wow.”

hahahahaaaaa

btw, was that synthesized speech or voice modulation going on there? the last bit in particular sounded synthesized, but the rest of the talking sounded very natural.

18. MaggieBelle says:

Have you ever HAD Cheerios? They’re not all that sweet. I don’t know about you, but I gots to add Splenda to mines.

I’m jus sayin’.

19. I made the video. Cheerios are unsweetened. I did, on occasion, feed Rudy a FrootLoop, but just one! She was a perfectly happy and healthy ham and she LOVED her Cheerios.

Also, hamsters *hoard*, they’re not greedy. What’s interesting is that if I fed her 20 Cheerios, I’d have to take 12 of them out the next day when I cleaned out her box. They just like to store stuff in case the world ends!

And yes, the voices are computerized. They were demo voices for a new software that I found on the AT&T webpage. Don’t they sound realistic?

20. he should play chubby bunny, err hamster.

21. Pfffftt! Amateur.
    I can stuff WAY more than 20 cheerios in my mouf.

22. Oh my GOD, eerain! I used to play chubby bunny all the time at camp. I completely forgot about it! I always lost XD

23. Dude, I heard that hamster mysteriously disappeared after filming this clip.

24. Rudy should be on sesame street, brought to you by the number 20.

25. cuteness overload, but I like it :)

26. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

I think we should halt the Hampster pouch stuffing competition or next it’ll be sploding Hampsters, eew.

27. Martha in Washington says:

Rudy wasn’t gonna eat it, he was just gonna taste it! Yum! Yum!

28. Now, if this hammie has the true competitive spirit:

29. aww.. cute hammy getting stuck for greediness, miss my snowie who had gone heaven…

30. Pheas…LOL!!

This guy looks like my Ernie. He would almost double in size when stuffing his pouches!!

31. ‘Cheerios are unsweetened.’

I’m sure it won’t really do her terrible harm, but in case you’re acting under a bit of a misapprehension here, ingredients:

‘Whole Grain Oats, Modified Corn Starch, Corn Starch, *Sugar*… ‘

32. who says he;s stuffing it in his pouwch.. I thought he was just eating them. I’m sure he could eat a few more….

33. Well thanks sam just thanks you took away my innocent eating of breakfast cerial. now what am I going to do for my milk…. grumble grumble grumble.

34. Yitzysmommie says:

AldenM1,, Rudy is an anerable ham. Thanks for the vid!

35. Sorry about that, Annie. I was having a moment of (vague) excitement myself at the thought of their being an unsweetened breakfast cereal in existence that didn’t taste of horse bedding. There we go.

On topic, lovely mammal.

36. Fergit the cheerios, teh hammie is giving me diabetes!
    New breakfast: big bowl of hammies, pour in the milk, feed the hammies cheerios….

37. Sure, Sam, Cheerios have sugar in them. I just meant that they aren’t artifically extra-sweet, like FrootLoops. Also, check out the ingredients from VitaKraft yogurt drops for hammies:
    Sugar, palm oil, whey powder, dried skimmed milk, berry powder, yogurt powder, corn starch, lecithin, vanilla. I’m not buying that Cheerios are one bit worse, especially since (as I noted) Rudy would only actually *eat* a very few of them.

38. you guys r silly says:

Rudy was * adorabubble * AldenM1!
    &:o)

39. Space Cowgirl says:

Y’all do know there’s more than one kind of Cheerios, right?

40. hmmmm Cutebaby fix… THank you for saving me I can put a hammie in my milk and feed him cheerios or cornflakes… Bath and breakfast all at once.

And teh Milk makes their hair lovely I am sure O-o

ROFLMHO

41. bah. only 20? my ham ham Nintendo could fit at least 30 in her pouches.

42. That’s so cute, even without the sound! I guess hams can’t use their whiskers to gauge whether they’ll fit through something (like cats do), since their heads are always different sizes.

And speaking of Cheerios, they are almost unsweetened. Something like 2g of sugar per serving, compared with many other cereals which are well into the double digits with the grams o’sugar. Cheerios: safe for both babies and hams!

43. O M G we used to do that with our hamster, too!

44. AldenM1: yeah, those demo voices have a surprisingly natural rhythm — I’m going to have way too much fun with the demo site now. thanks for the answer (and the video, natch)!