OMG WHAT is he doing here!?

I SPECIFICALLY told my ferret I needed some "me" time and he SHOWS UP IN MY BUBBLE BATH ANYWAY

Tubbles

EXTRA nice photo, Kim M. ;) Oh, and Ricki—get out of the tub, you uninvited, furry kneesock with eyes!

Comments

1. LOL! Bleen-larious!

2. Yippee!! POP goes the weasel!

3. Awwwww……

CUTEST
    FERRET
    EVER.

I can’t believe the totally white fur–and oh, the b.e.f.! ;-)

4. fish eye no miko says:

Dear God, it is ultra-cute day today? Between the baby bat, the leaf puppy, and our bathing beauty, I’m totally dying from cute here!

Ah, what a wonderful way to die… ^_^

5. rub a dub dub a ferret in the tub

6. He looks like he has something profound to say.

7. i love him! love love love him! and normally i find ferrets a little creepy! but he has shoulders!

also: furry kneesock!?!?!?

yay!

8. …furry kneesock with eyes. that description alone makes my day.

9. The place where snorkel and snorgle meet!

10. So fresh & so clean!

11. MaliceAlice says:

I call first Big Labowski reference! That scene freaked me when I was a kid. My parents needed entertainment when we were on vacation and somehow thought the Big L would be suitable for a seven year old.

12. Alice Shortcake says:

Why am I convinced that the bathwater should taste like strawberry and vanilla ice-cream?!!

13. Noticed the paw shaped bubble on his right? that was the secret sign he misinterpreted as invitation to hop in :-)

14. R. Moore says:

Squeee! I’m not usually the type to squee at ferrets, but this one is awesome. So frickin’ adorable.

15. Shannon Johnson says:

I love the ferret. I ‘specially love the little pink nosie. Ferrets are sweet little things, but they are so small. I want more cute little things like this.

16. fish eye no miko says:

Fred: “He looks like he has something profound to say.”

Oh, you’re right!
    [leans in to listen.]

17. Awww I used to have a black eyed white ferret named Rikki! I miss him so much. This little guy looks so much like him too it’s scary.

18. big lebowski indeed. brrr

19. zosterops says:

I agree, extra cute day today. the ferret is between hilariuos and heartbrakingly innocent looking.

20. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Splish splash I was taking a bath,
    long about a saturday night.

21. darkshines says:

Its like a crazy horror movie….

Young girl thinks shes being followed, turns out its a harmless little ferret, so she ignores it. Then it turns up at her gym class, her work place, church. She can’t shake this fella off, everywhere she goes, this guy is watching, waiting. Never chases, never runs. Hes just there. It follows her home from school one day, every corner she turns hes there waiting. She runs, crossing out in front of traffic, darting through shops, hailing a taxi! She makes it home without seeing the ferret again. Starting to relax, she runs herself a bubble bath to get over the trauma. Settling back into the bubbles, she closes her eyes, and out from the foam…….. *DRAMATIC MUSIC*

22. I did not know that ferrets liked water that much reminder to self :no ferrets in my house
    sorry little dude

23. “Help! My legs have turned to water!”

24. “You know, before I got in here, I had a black nose and brown fur… where did all my color go?”

25. “I’ll be very still and quiet. Promise. I won’t make a sound. You won’t even know I’m here.”

26. chelonianmobile says:

And so I find myself quoting Brian Jacques’ Redwall series again:

“Mercy, yer honour. That stuff’s water – it’s all wet!”

(Okay, the critter who said that was a stoat, not a ferret, but close enough.)

27. Frick’n C-U-T-E!!!
    (imagine not seeing him in your bath…but suddenly feeling him swim about!)

28. I keep waitin’ for this little guy to blink!!! Look at the beadiness!!

I also keep going back to the Bebeh Bat, his binkie and his “nom nom nom”… Ahhh yesterday was a highlight for qteness!!!

29. firefinch says:

He’s looking for his pink blankie.

30. This is the cutest ferret I’ve ever seen. I’d share a bubble bath with this cutie.

31. creepyhazel says:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! He’s all, “Look at moi, I’m INN-oceeeeent!”

32. ThreeCatNight says:

“But, I say, Mum, don’t you want me CLEAN?”

33. Calgon…take me away!

34. This picture and the text reminds me of a time when I was chatting online with a friend, and he suddenly typed, “ahferretattack!” and was gone for a few minutes. When he came back, he told me his ferret had stolen his sock when we were chatting. My away message was “ahferretattack!” for months after that!

35. Catman Dude =^-.-^= says:

Two jokes:

“Yeah yeah, I’m SQUEAK-Y clean. And I really do squeak. ha…ha…ha”

“I believe the soap has some BLEACH in it!”

Ok, a third joke:

“Can I get out now? I got wrinkle butt!”

36. Yitzysmommie says:

“You uninvited furry white kneesock with beautiful beady black eyeses, pink nosie and pink earsies that I’d like to neeble on”

37. AH! The Redwall series, are awesome! I didn’t know anybody else who’d read any of those, chelonianmobile :-D I highly recommend them to all who love this site!

And I used to want a ferret as a teen, until I went to a friend’s who had several and they STUNK so bad! Someone told me they were rather stinky critters, and gradually my mind changed…but I’d take this squeeky clean little guy! He looks like a puppet – he’s all like “What? Dis mah pool!”
    (note: icy otter post reference from a week ago!)

38. OMG, it’s a tubble-take.
    Wait, what?!

39. o.m.g. ahhh! i want one right now. this is too cute.

40. Darkshine, that was hilarious.

Very cute ferret. They usually creep me out, but I want to kiss the little nose on this fella.

41. Carrie Unloved Hamster Defender says:

Can someone help me get closer the the little guy so I can kees his widdle wips? Perhaps rub his shoulders, (OMG he has shoulders!!!)

BEF kills me.

42. OMG< LOLOLOLOL!!!!! awww, oh so cute!

i want to take a bath with a ferret too!!

43. Having a Big Lobowski moment here also.

44. TOO MUCH CUTE TODAY!!!

all we need now is an

omg ponies!!1!! moment and we can go home happy

45. awwwwwwwww, melted into a puddle, glub cute, glub.

46. did someone mention the Redwall books? i LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! burr aye, oi loikes them! i get so hungry reading about all the food too. is it wrong for me to think that the river otters were really sexy? O_o

47. proposal for glossary:

BEKF: beady-eyed kneesock factor

then i shall submerge

*glorp*

48. chelonianmobile says:

estella – nope, it ain’t taboo if the critter’s capable of talking back ^_^ Well, that and they’re fictional so it doesn’t matter at all, but you know what I mean. I always liked the comical vermin best myself (hence the quote from one of them – poor little guys made to take a bath). Killconey the Irish ferret was the trigger for my now-nearly-ten years of demands to my parents for a pet ferret. Not succeeded yet. Oh well.

This ferret can’t be one of them, though. He’s far too clean to be any of them except maybe one of the Royal House of Riftgard, and they have to be fully albino and he’s got dark eyes.

Actually, ferrets do look sort of like sock puppets. Except cuter.

49. Blair — LOL!
    [glorp]

50. Furbabies says:

All my ferret babies loved their bath time. Just enough water to slink around in. Dryng off was a hoot to watch. Lay the towel on the floor and they dry themselves. They make great pets for the right owners. Love this little wet one!

51. squeee!!!!! Lets play in the bubbles together shall we…..

52. Suda Nim says:

Up ferretscope!

53. Carrie Hamster Defender says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA on the Ferretscope!

54. Submarine Ferret has surfaced to ask an important question:

“Is it red October yet?”

55. knee socks! He needs some of these to snuggle in when he is done:

56. BumbleBee says:

He is awfully cute…but…has he been shaved from the neck down? Some serious contrast between neck-ruff and shoulder-smoothness going on there….or is it just the wetness?

57. LOL, Christa.
    “Conn — crazy Ivan! CRAZY IVAN! Full reverse!!”

58. darkshines: He could be like the Grimm’s Frog Prince who followed the princess home and insisted she do everything with him, because she promised to be his friend.

Alice – he does have a very “strawberry milk” look to him.

So sweet and innocent!

59. Ahn, Miss Ruth! The ferret prince! What would he turn into when you keesed him tho? A leg warmer?

60. your ferret is SO cute! can i have him?

61. Awwww. This lil guy can climb into my bubble bath anytime.

62. CBF – Hee!

63. chelonianmobile says:

BumbleBee – if you click on the pic and look at the big version you can see that’s not his neck, he’s resting his chin on a sponge. His body is actually behind it.

64. No, you stupid genie! I said a night with Farrah Fawcett, not a night with a ferret and a faucet!

65. BumbleBee says:

Oh it’s a sponge!
    chelonianmobile – thanks for the clarification! i was worried there for a moment. Aww he is so cute.

66. Nice marmot.

67. Dale — if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.

68. Wow! That’s a spunge?? It’s exactly the same color!

Or is that the strawberry milk? :)

69. BTW… one of the best comment streams — very cute & silly

70. Here’s a transcript of the Ferret moment in cinematic classic “The Big Lebowski” for those of you who have not yet enjoyed the movie! : )

Nihilists: Ve vant our mohneez, Leebooowskeee!

(Nihilist drops ferret into tub. Ferret thrashes energetically in the bubbles, alarmingly close to The Dude’s crotchal area)

The Dude: Nice marmot!

71. Oh, just wanted to clarify that I am sure no ferrets were harmed in the making of the movie.

72. Adorabubbles! Sizable ears for a fert, too.

73. But he *is* very clean and tidy, is he not…?

74. Thanks for the clarification, Becky. I have not seen “The Big Lebowski”.

Such a cute little ferret.

And I love darkshines commentary. Of course, it would be more ominous if it were this ferret: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua4Cq2gSvjU

75. I think this is calling out for a LOLferret caption :) Is it can be blanky tiem now pleez? Or something. :p

76. We loved this picture so much at work, it is now the background on our work computer! (I’m a veterinarian in an avian and exotics exclusive practice) Great shot!

77. Tiny bubbles
    In the tub
    Make me happy
    Make me feel luv

Tiny bubbles
    Make me warm all over!
    With a feeling that I’m gonna
    Love you till the end of time!

78. Still [snerk]‘ing over “UP FERRETSCOPE”. Suda Nim FTW!

79. He’s singing I tell you!! singing.. with a Don Ho Voice.. ;)

Up Ferretscope Indeed… (hehehehe)

80. guineapiggin9 says:

He looks like a little ferret periscope…He’s a ferretscope!!! LOL!

81. Yay, Kim!! Ricki is famous and beyond adorable. Everybody loves him .. and who could not?!

Look at that happy little expression. I’ve never seen an animal so complacent in my life with everything that is thrown at him. Haha

82. Rubber Ferrit, you’re the one,
    You make bathtime lots of fun,
    Rubber Ferrit, I’m awfully fond of you;
    (woh woh, bee doh!)

83. That is so adorable. Do these guys stink as bad as I hear they do? Can you do something about it – and if is – how expensive is it? I heard that Skunks made excellent pets with their stink glands removed. Am I correct?

84. Yes, Dave, skunks do make good pets. But every once in a while they’ll get mad and try to spray you. When that happens you have to pretend to suffer and run away, because its very bad for their self esteem if they ever realize that their scent glands are removed and they are helpless.

85. Domestic skunk psychology: only on Cute Overload!

86. bah bump…

baaah bump….

bah bump bah bump bah bump

BUDDA BUM! BUDDA BUM!

Clear the beaches!

87. tubbles wants to know why you haven’t climbed into the bubble bath with him!

88. I find this picture pleasing in so many respects… one of which is the fact that it’s a white ferret in a white bath, surrounded by white suds. It’s like the White Album, only much better.

89. Seriously, that is the best picture I have seen in forever. An albino ferret. I have an albino bull dog and I just love the pink and white combo. Amazingly adorable. I want one now. NOW!!!

90. this is the sweetest pic i’ve seen in a long time. the lil ferret looks so happy to be waitin in the bath for someone to join him.
    and the white and the pink and the bubbles is just precious!

91. Flamenca Mama says:

Cutest schnozzle ever!!

92. Are you sure that bad pussy cat was sat under the water!

93. So disappointed to have been beaten to the Big Lebowski reference.