THIS JUST IN: A Chihuahua in a rack

Alert reader and trendsetter Renée K. says she just found our site and read the ENTIRE archive in one day. No wonder the chihuahua fell asleep. [rim shot] Oh!

Chi_und_rack

Zzzzzzzzzz ;) Good night, Gus.

Comments

1. whooooo hoooo … !!!

lumpy bleen

nice tatt – cute puppers

2. Catman Dude =^-.-^= says:

I guess this is the rack guard dog similar to the cat who protects rack at http://gigglesugar.com/342826

3. aw…. i wants the puppy

4. nuh uh!
    I did not read what I just read.

Ok I guve up.
    Puppehs for everyone!
    *starts handing out puppehs*
    *otter taps shoulder, er s’cuse us there’s the small matter of a 100 fish?*

5. ThreeCatNight says:

I am in love with that little pup. What a contented face! (gee, I wonder why?)

6. you guys r silly says:

Pretty lady — precious pup. [[ … shhh……he’s slepping … ]]

7. donutbill says:

I’m not down with the whole “(blank)in rack” thing, so: Yuk. Not cute.

HOWEVER! The abusive first comment is totally uncalled for.

[Fixed now… – Ed.]

8. sweet little baby pupper-wuppers. his mommy loves him. gunna have a stiff neck!

9. !yay! cute overload is back

…put down yer suicide implements… ;)

10. Oh my. I thought EVERYONE knew about not reading the whole archive of Cute Overload in one day. It causes a rip in the time-space continuum.

11. Request: Great Dane in a rack or something else way bigger than the rack itself.

GIRAFFE in a rack! Who will take the challenge?

12. I’m thinking Pups ‘n’ Cups, maybe?

13. LOL, Zach (in a rach)

14. I agree with Jenn. Pups In Cups!

mariser, I’ve been extremely twitchy today. Couldn’t post here for a while, and VOX is still down!!! Aaagh!

(LJ is also down… can you hear the emo kids cutting themselves?)

15. michellemybelle says:

1. Pups in Cups is super.
    2. I agree that we need to see some ridiculously large animals in the rack region.
    3. I’m about this close to DTs from missing out on Vox. Not only did I have to perform actual work at work, I’ve had to do things like read and watch tv while at home – unheard of! I miss my peeps!

16. I don’t get why people are so grossed out by “(blank) in racks pics”. I mean, there are worse pics on the ‘net and it’s not like you really see anything. Besides, look at the puppy cuteness!!!!!!

17. Psst, hey Miss Taco Belle Lady, take off your dark sunglasses, there’s a puppy sleepin’ in your shirt.

18. I’m convinced that VOX will only be up and running again when that puppeh wakes up. The
    cute-tinuim is definately there.

WAKE UP LITTLE PUPPEH!

19. Yesh, LJ is down and it’s dwyving me cwaazy! (Not that I had anything of importish to posht. But still…. )

I cast my vote for Pups ‘n Cups, too! I mean, ya gots Cats ‘n Racks, so….
    “There’s right, and there’s right, and never the t’wain shall meet.” {/H.I. McDonnough}

20. acelightning says:

What about non-cat, non-dog animals in racks? I know we’ve had a Rat’n’Rack, and some bunnies (at least it wasn’t Buns’n’Buns…). As a woman, I think of my, um, rack as a warm, cuddly place for a warm, cuddly beloved pet – at least until the pet puts its claws somewhere they don’t belong. But I also know that most men will look at *anything* that’s even vaguely near a rack (which is why you see ads featuring a woman using, say, an industrial power drill, while dressed in work boots, a hard hat, protective goggles… and a bikini.)

[Damn, LJ *still* isn’t back!!]

21. astrogrrrl says:

real question is, what takes more hours: reading the new Harry Potter book in 1 day or going through the CO archive in 1 day?

cute sleepy puppy!

22. Dang, I’d place bets on that one, astrogrrrl! :-D

23. I think the puppers is adorable. And there is no objectionable “spillage” or anything. Nuthin’ in this pic is offensive to me. SOME of our animals in racks posts have been totally gratuitous. This one? Just cute!

24. Yay for CO back up and running!
    I’m totally twitching without Vox, tho. I’m with MichelleMB. I actually did work at work and now I’m doing work AT HOME! Make it stop!
    *in pathetic whiney voice* Come back! Oh, Vox come back to me! *breaks down sobbing*
    On the plus side, Elvis is going to get extra couch time as I must resort to my reading to pass the time.
    (I don’t even know what LJ is so I could be worse off…)

25. donutbill says:

To “leannrose”,

I’m not “grossed out” by animals in racks, and I’m certainly not worried about “how much” I see (wink, wink.) I’d rather just see animals on CO, and keep people out of it. It’s not a deal-breaker, just a personal preference.

26. Space Cowgirl says:

/delurk

I don’t usually care for small dogs, but awww. That’s the most relaxed and happy-looking I’ve ever seen, particularly a chihuahua. I wonder if he has the seemingly typical frantic, high-strung personality while he’s awake.

I personally have no objection to racks, or people in pictures of cute animals – some of the best candid shots of domestic pets, who tend to be oriented towards their people, would logically involve said people. As to racks, well, there’s one in my peripheral vision all the time, so I’m rather immune, though I don’t care much for the obviously posed pics either. Regardless, it’s all the facts of life to me, and much more pleasant than some of the other facts of life like illness and death. :)

/lurk

27. I like pups in cups too!

28. Christine H says:

Aww. But Renee, did you really read the ENTIRE archive? Or did you just read the ones that are linked by date from the main page? Because if you go into the categories, you’ll find posts from all the way back to fall 2005!

29. My chi used to do the same thing all the time when we first got her.

30. One very contented puplet, and I particularly like Gus’s bead collar/necklace.

31. Wait, is that a tattoo of a kitteh?

Would that make this an unofficial cats n racks?

32. Kar – it sure looks like a kitteh …

so make that an official “cat near rack” …

akkkkk, I’m gonna rack off now (Aussie slang for I’m outta here)

33. astrogrrrl, I’m going to definitely vote that going through the CO archive takes much longer than reading Harry Potter. From personal experience, HP only takes about 8 hours. I could never get through all CO in one day, I’d be dead every few posts. I can only take a few at a time without a break.

34. Yitzysmommie says:

Squee! I love Cats N Racks, and Pups N Cups is hilarious. This is a great addition to an excellent category.
    What about Buns N Boobies? or Hams N Mooters? Still trying to think of a category for Otterz….

35. Yitzysmommie says:

OOPS, that’s Ham N Hooters..

36. lol, YM… I got a chuckle out of Hams N Mooters too…

37. Thats called puppy love.

38. CheekyKitten says:

I wants him. He’s all littles and sleepies.

There could be a category for just pugs: Pugs N Jugs.

39. StormCat says:

Ok, I give…

What’s VOX and LJ, please???

Oh and isn’t the little tie-tie puppeh so cute???? I bet if you’re real quiet you can hears him honkshu!!!

40. How can you even tell what the tat looks like?

donutbill: Your response makes sense; this site is about cute animals. Everyone’s preferences are different and not everyone can be pleased all the time (hence the nuffs).

41. Vox = http://www.vox.com/
    LJ (LiveJournal) = http://www.livejournal.com/

Both are blogging tools owned by Six Apart (which also operates TypePad, the platform that Cute Overload happens to be built upon).

42. Well a whole category for product cuteness, so what’s the big if an occasional human sneaks in? Plus the lady can prolly put whatever she wants on since she owns it. Let’s keep the focus on the importance here: SLEEPIES!!!

43. guineapiggin9 says:

what a cozy lil pupperooni!!!

44. bunnyslave says:

Maybe i’m a bit biased, but it looks like her tattoo could be a Florida Gators logo!?

45. Avatargrl says:

I love my pets, but I have never felt the need to show them down my shirt for the voyuerisitc pleasure of others.

Pathetic.

46. Good for you.
    You do your thing, we’ll do ours.

47. Cassandra says:

Aww, so seepies! I’m not normally a chihuahua girl, but this little guy is awfully cute. Hooray for pups’n’cups! Makes me wanna shove something down my bra! *glances suspiciously around office for hidden puppies*

48. Space Cowgirl says:

Wow, I’d rather cater to voyeurs than be grumpy and judgmental – at least some people manage to get paid for showing off. ;)

49. Hmmm well Just cause I would never do it means nothing… this is a cute picture and really tho I love looking at cute stuff it is also nice to see pets with their humans..

And lets face it Racks happen… they are there and they are close to your face so lots of pet pictures have rackage going on..

Not to mention those infamous Crotch shots… cats in pants so to speak..

: )

50. donutbill says:

The “tatt” is completely unrecognizable to me, and quite frankly, it looks like a prison-quality job.

51. Donut — bad memories?

All tattoos get blurry over time… and I think the saying goes something like “Judge not lest ye be judged.”

52. Space Cowgirl says:

*singsong* Someone is jeaaalous of the sleepy chihuahuaaaa~

53. donutbill says:

heh…okay, bad terminology. Sorry.

54. Claudia says:

I’m not having any trouble accessing Teho’s Vox.

(Cyberspace tilts as everyone rushes to Vox.)

55. Shannon Johnson says:

Sleepy doggie, so cute

56. She probably didn’t shove the pup down her shirt. She was probably holding the pup to her chest and it made itself a nice nest in there and went nap nap. Kitties have had habits of burrowing in there if I was wearing a low-neck shirt. They like it there!

57. donutbill says:

BTW: Me? Jealous of itty bitty chihuahua?? (You betcha!) har.

58. hmmmmmmm….wow
    i would like to be in his place… >_<
    —————

59. ewwwwww!!!!! this is totally uncalled for!!!!!!!! gross!!!!!!!!!!!

60. I know! Chihuahua! Gross! Bring back the newfie!

I’ma cram my newfie down my shirt and take a pic!

:D

61. you have 3 nice puppies!

62. I ♥ Arvay. hehe

63. Brak_Silverbone says:

That’s a seriously relaxed pupster. That’s sleeping-in-the-back-seat-of-the-car-on-the-way-home-from-Grandma’s relaxed. It’s great how our pets trust us so much that they’ll relax and nod off any ol’ where around us, even ON us (thinking also of the post of the kitten oozing between the lady’s arm and the couch).

64. MommaMackie says:

Reminds me of way back when my boys were tiny and would sack out across their dad’s chest when he would take one right after being nursed. Full tummy, daddy’s warm furry chest and few minutes of rocking and the little wiggler in question would be passed out like, well, like Gus there, making their own tiny honkshus and totally comatose till morning. Good memories there…..

65. Puppyluver says:

HE IS THE MOST ADORABLE THING EVER!! I WANT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!