Five of these kids are not like the other

BUT WHEESHE ONES!?

Ole2

Will someone please hey-splain to me how this craziness happened?

Ole1

And now, I shall wheesperes the quiestest of boks in your ear…

bok-ee

Ole0

Dora N. found these photos here, but no credit was there—who took these!?

// UPDATE — article link here, at the Times Online UK //

Comments

1. Momma – what does “adopted” mean?

2. Wait…huh? Chikkons match the mama, but kitteh does not. Whiskey Tango…?

3. The Kid says:

Wow. At first I thought there was only one chick. [jaw drops]

4. hmmmm. am channeling Sesame street… Five of these things are not like the others five of these things don’t belong. can you guess which ones are not like the others now beofre I finish my song.

5. Here is a link to the story: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article1784806.ece

Why don’t my cats repress their predatory instincts?

6. Bokitty Bok!

7. zeldapie says:

Mamma Cat’s looking a tad frazzled!

8. What a sweetheart kitty mommy, taking in orphan cheek-ons! I LUF HER!

9. Stupendousness says:

That mama cat is sooo beautiful. I would love to pet her.

10. Good lord! Even their markings match!!!!

11. keyrash!
    That was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor.

O
    M
    G

they…they…*sputters*
    theys matchingks!

12. The writing on this site keeeels me! Love, love, love it!

13. Loved the last one at the pics link. “I need some quality alone time!!”

14. Poor, tired mama. Is so hard these days raising a litter of chick-ons.

15. OMG! I feel so honored! My submish made it! YAY!!!!!!!

I hope we can find who took them, they are such great photos!

16. OH! Neverminds, Kate found the story.

Don’t you just love how the ketteh totally matches the chix?

17. Yay Dora!
    Tuna Dance!

18. if there is one thing here at co that i have learned, it is that evidently everyone gets a little crazeh when there is free milk to be had. silly interspecies bebehs!!bok mew bok mew!

19. *shakes booty*

20. Very sweet! Now, how many kitten childrens are there? I see one fer shure, but are dere two or three? *squints behind reading glasses trying to figger it out*

21. chickens and kitties seems to go together… our big bruiser boy Kitty Darin loves to guard and watch over all of our new baby chicks. Never tries to eat them a all.

22. I think there are 3, total. One brown and two orange tabbies.

23. A true sign of the Apocolypse! says:

“And the chickens shall lie down with the cats and ye shall know the end is nigh!”

24. caitlin says:

This is the exact opposite of the chicken sitting on the kittens! (Which I have posted on my locker at work.)

I love how the chickies are al fuzzy and the same colors as mama cat, so they all just blend in together.

25. OMG! OMG! OMG! I’m soooo confused here. Once again too much cuteness at the same time. Oooooo!!!

26. Well, I always suspected that Teh Qte would bring about Armageddon…

27. Mary (the first) says:

The link says 4 kitnz, 7 chix. SO amazing that they match. I have said it before and I’ll say it again: Mamas and bebehs are the BEST. (re: mama cats specifically, but all mamas really.) YAY

28. LOL, the chicks match the momcat better than her own wee kittehs do! :-)

Sweet mommy…

29. I love the sweet look on mamma kitty’s face; just a look of contentment. I LOVE that about felines!!

30. Shannon Johnson says:

Momma to duckies. i love it.

31. Kallisto says:

Okay, I got nothing except: “Bok, bok, bok, bok be my friend.”

32. Yitzysmommie says:

OMG. I’m with Metz, speechless with jaw on ground…..
    I love how the chicks match the Mom better than the kittens do.

33. They’re so color-coordinated, at first glance, I didn’t even see the chick-ons and thought the dark kitty was odd one out!

34. you guys r silly says:

words.fail.me.
    [[...YGRS goes over to Metz & Yitzysmommie's jaws on the ground and adds her's to the pile also...]]

35. Catman Dude =^-.-^= says:

WAIT!! Chickees dwink meoilk? I thunk that dey scratch and peck at the ground like de bigger chickees do? Or peck fer wurms like boidies do?

Those chickees are a’gettin’ to like meoilk?

Sandra, the contentment look on de momma kittie touched me too! Just wanna snorgle her badly!

36. ThreeCatNight says:

Chick to kitteh:
    “I think there’s something we need to talk about.”

But what a darling group of babies anyway!

37. *picks jaw off floor*
    Annie, there’s just one teensy thing wrong with your song…
    They obvy DO belong.
    Ooops I seem to have grabbed the wrong jaw, *waves jaw*
    tis nnyonz?

38. finally some good news coming out of that region!

39. it ain’t mine, Metz cos I’m using it to bellylaugh with at ur posts …

do you think this kind Momma Cat would adopt some otters ??

40. I got to watch a bebeh chick-onn hatch at work today. So slimy, so cute. Unbearable. If this kind of interspeech snorglitude had been present, I may have died on the spot.

41. Wasn’t that lions lying down with lambs… but hey, whatever works, right? Interspeesh snorgling at it’s best.

Just goes to show, so much qte can shut down the interwebs… and then, Armageddon.

42. amarieda says:

This is really cute! Reminds me of the rooster (Houdini) I had that was once adopted by a kitten… he was a rather unwilling surrogate, but she wouldn’t leave him alone! He’d stand there, looking peeved, while she twined around his legs and played with his comb. She’d even break into the chicken coop after our other rooster died and we moved Houdini back in with the hens just to sit there and watch him.

43. Leilani says:

Birdies are not *supposed* to like milk ‘cos they’re not mammals. However, my Cockatoo obviously missed that bit in the “all about parrots” book because he loves ice cream, cheese, milk chocolate, my tea with milk in it, my cereal with milk in it, etc., etc.!

44. Mama cat is probably new to all this child-rearing stuff. It looks like she decided to wing it.

45. omg! the mumsy and the chicks match! so awesome!

46. *** creeeeeeeeeak ***

!!splat!!

[sorry. have liquifeeed from qtnesse.]

47. **aaahhhSPLODE**

If you need me, I’ll be in a puddle over there—->>> all splodified from the Qte.

48. Hey — the only one not fittin’ is the bebeh kitteh — his colors don’t match. All those bebeh cheek-ons are zactly the color of momcat!

49. Michelle says:

Aww. I don’t see too many marmalade moms. Lotsa dads, but never moms. And omg lil marmalade cheex.

50. ZePenguinMuffin says:

I always have this fear in the back of my head when i see darling interspecies snorglin’ between natural enemies, part of me always wonders…”is momma animal really takin in critters or is she but securing a definatly fat food supply for laterz??” but then i smoosh those thoughts and wish i could nuzzle the cheekons

51. piedlourde says:

(From the Times Online article) “In 2005, a baby hippopotamus formed a bond with a giant century-old male tortoise after the infant nearly died in the tsunami that lashed Kenya.”

My parents and their friends went to Kenya for my dad’s 50th birthday in Oct ’06, and they stayed a couple of nights at the resort where the hippo and the tortoise reside. Maybe I should borrow the footage from dad and send it to Cute Overload?

52. piedlourde – YES!!! or post it on youtube and then let us know…

53. piedlourde says:

ceejoe — I’ll see what I can do. :)

54. Piedlourde, DO eet. We MUST see that.

55. I think Mrs. Mama Kitteh has some splaining to do. Adopted, schmopted, those chickies look just like her. I bet those kitties look a lot like a certain rooster about the barn yard.

56. PiedLourde, CeeJoe, DKN — you’re talking about Owen and Mzee, right?

It didn’t have the “Interspecies Snorgling” category tag yet. Correcting now…

57. Teho – yep, that’s it! And piedlourde has video of them!!

58. Mama Kitty is a bit hen-pecked.

59. ZePenguinMuffin… NOt to worry no they are not laying the groundwork for future food. We have a Male cat who watches over any new baby chicks we get.. he never eats them.. IT is totally different for him than catching and eating wild birds..
    I think sometimes we as humans do not give animals their due when it comes to their intelligence….

60. What IS it about that Mom cat that makes her so insanely cute? Besides taking care of the chicks, I mean. She is anerable!!!

61. There is a red bird that hangs out around our window that our Kitten likes to watch. My wife likes to think they are friends, I just thought the Kitten wants to eat the bird, but after seeing this my faith in interspecies cuteness living together has been renewed. I believe. From now on, it will be Kitten and birdy pal.

62. that’s WEIRD…..

but LOL

—————

63. Very cute :)
    My grandma had a cat and budgie who were best friends. They would play with eachother all the time.

64. HOW IS THAT THE KITTEN LOOKS LIKE IT DONT BELONG?