One-half Meerkat, one-half pup

People, this is what happens when pups and meerkats spend a leeeeeeetle too moishe time together. You get what’s called a Meerpup ("PupKat" was also an option, but too confusing)

Sigh [head tilt]

MeerpupMeerkat

Good news is that MeerPup is adoptable at Bideawee ;) Thanks, Tiffany L.

Comments

1. What a sweetie! It looks like my Maggie’s face a bit–always vaguely worried and apologetic.

2. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

I nearly bleened. Great dawg

[have you seen a doctor about that? – Ed.]

3. Rebecca says:

Aw, puppy so scared… Wanna pet him and make it all better.

4. donutbill says:

I think it’s more like 90% Meerkat, 10% Pup.

5. Oh my LORD. What a little love.

[gently beeps puppeh’s nose]

6. Is there a category yet for animals that look like other animals??? I say there needs to be one!

7. Awwww, puppeh looks so sad & so sweet.
    Take meeeeeee hooooommmmeee

8. Pupple! Ees okay! Someone will see that face and take you home safe…just wish we weren’t so far apart, or it’d be me! (GA-NY)

9. zeldapie says:

Ha!!
    Sooooo sweet with that slightly furrowed brow. Don’t worry lil’ fella. You’re in for lots of pets and lovin’.

10. velveteen rabbit says:

Does anyone else wanna put it’s ear in your mouth and just hold it there?

11. he’s cuuuute. i like his expression. i’m not sure if he’s thinking about nipping someone or keeesing someone, lol

12. OMG, that face. Those pleading eyes.

MUST. SNORGLE.

13. Sweet Pea says:

Is that Minney from Bide A Wee?
    What a cutie!
    The best pets come from shelters…ADOPT!!!

14. omg the face…she is killing me!

15. Aww, puppers… It’s gonna be okaaay. [Sniff]

(The jail bars in the back aren’t helping. Who put this sweet meerpup in jail?)

16. Shannon Johnson says:

Oh so cute! I want to take him home. he looks lonely. He needs a friend

17. Nicolletta says:

Aawww…what a sweet pup! What breed of pup is that?

18. (pushing through crowd) “Eeeexcuse me! I said, excuse me. Thanks. (squeezing past) Coming through! Step aside please! (being ignored by large person) I said, move it! (flash smile) Clear the way! Pardon me!”
    (turns)”You all can go home now. This dog’s mine. All mine. kthxbai.”
    (meerpup jumps into my open arms)

“Woah, ho, ho, it’s so easy to fall in love. Oh, it’s so easy to fall in love. It’s so easy, it’s so easy…
    So DOGGONE easy…”

19. Mary (the first) says:

The other good news is that Meerkat Manor new season is starting in couple weeks! Watch for it, people!

20. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

21. omgoodness de cheeen wheees-kars! so tickly when he’s wakin’ ya up in the morning.

22. Ok so this meerpup has a knot head (as opposed to a spoon rest head which is lightly concave. Both are deelicsh!!!!!

23. Ha ha ha! Interspecies snorgling, eh? Who knew that “snorgling” had so much… hidden meaning??

those meerkats. Leading astray our good, wholesome pups.

24. YAY I got my childhood dog from BideAWee! Ozzie….

25. pyrit, once agin, thankyewveddy much
    *gets out q-tips for earworm*

26. How many times have I looked at this site and thought “I WANTS!!”? Well now, I can haves!

(Well, theoretically I can has. Being on a different continent and living in one room and all that, it would probably be impracticable.)

But seriously! Have you checked out that link?! It’s like a cuteness megastore! (And rescue pets are wonderful. Go rescue pets!)

27. what a sweet face on that pup! she reminds me of my family’s pup, also from bideawee! i hope you get adopted soon cute puppy!

28. I think it would be wonderful if cuteoverload could feature one adoptable pet each day. So much cuteness out there that needs a home.

29. Aww, she looks like a thweetie. Wish I could ‘dopt her. My pup would totally be her best friend.

30. Anyone have an idea what breed she might be mixed with? She looks just like my rescue pup.

31. glah! that looks just like my lil Suki! I always joke about her being part meerkat :)

32. R. Moore says:

I think my SO has an albino meerpup…

I always thought he was half dog, half snuggles.

33. Oh this puppy makes my heart ache. I must for to soft kronshe her lil’ cheekies. Then I would let her nibble on my nose. We would be so happy.

34. Allow me to present this photo of my dog Albert from 2005. I think there is no denying that THIS is the true MeerDog (in Santa Claus costume, no less)… http://www.flickr.com/photos/fuxoft/79369958/

35. He or she looks like a shepherd mix, I recognize that muzzle pouch anywhere, and those big triangular yet fluffy ears, not to mention the eyes.

“GET ME OUT OF HERE! PLEAZE!”

36. I visited the bidawee website, and now I want them ALLLLL!!!! Fortunately, I am too far away, since I already have a crowded house with three sassy cats and a silly golden.

37. I visited the bidawee website, and now I want them ALLLLL!!!! Fortunately, I am too far away, since I already have a crowded house with three sassy cats and a silly golden.

38. I visited the bidawee website, and now I want them ALLLLL!!!! Fortunately, I am too far away, since I already have a crowded house with three sassy cats and a silly golden.

39. I visited the bidawee website, and now I want them ALLLLL!!!! Fortunately, I am too far away, since I already have a crowded house with three sassy cats and a silly golden.

40. I visited the bidawee website, and now I want them ALLLLL!!!! Fortunately, I am too far away, since I already have a crowded house with three sassy cats and a silly golden.

41. I visited the bidawee website, and now I want them ALLLLL!!!! Fortunately, I am too far away, since I already have a crowded house with three sassy cats and a silly golden.

42. THE FACE! People, THE FACE! It’s so cute it hurts.

43. Wonderful shout-out for an animal shelter – thank you!!!

44. Furbabies says:

What a cutie! Just want to smooch this pooch.

45. /threadjack
    Hey guys, doesn’t anybody use the CuteChat anymore? I thought “Casual Fridays” was the ‘happenin’ time? Here’s the link. http://wwwl.meebo.com/room/cuteoverload/
    /end threadjack

46. I’m confident that those bars will soon disappear. Puppeh, I see bounding and green fields in your future.

47. Aww, he looks like such a sweet baby. I wish I could pull him through the screen and give him a blanky to sleep in…

48. Whoops, looks like he is a she. This is from the website: This is Minney
    Bert, Moe, Elmo, and Minney are adorable 4.5-month old Shepherd/Retriever mix puppies. They were rescued by Goldstar Foundation in Georgia. These puppies will need plenty of time and patience, as they need to finish obedience training and housebreaking.

49. This is the cutest pup i’ve ever seen here. That eyes, the ears down…so beautiful ^^.

50. I am in LOVE with that puppy!
    She reminds me of my little sweetie, when she does something wrong she has that expression. It’s so cute!

51. Those eyes say please take me home. I will be your bestest friend ever!

52. Purple Belt says:

I would TOTALLY bet that this little girl already has a new home! So sweet! I like the idea of featuring adoptable pets! Especially the homeless ones, mixed breeds and mutts. No $3000 Yorkies for me!

53. Is it just me or does that dog look like Anne Hathaway?

54. cuuuuuuuuuuuute

———————

55. That’s a really nice, but nervous looking pup, that kind of looks like a seal, aswell.
    Wish I had a dog again!

56. ThreeCatNight says:

That sweet, sweet face! Please give this pup a good, loving home. I wish I could…

57. If you think he’s cute, you should see all the other adoptable pets at your local shelters. They make the best pets. Go save a life today and enrich yours in the process.