You are now free to move about the country

Woooooooooooo! Southwest Airlines! I luv you! (Southwest is all about The Luv, People). They must be thanking me for flying like, 40 flights last year.

Please see this fantastic layout in this month’s Spirit magazine, mentioning C.O. as a new and noteworthy diversion! Hooray for diversions!

Co_mention

…the site may inducediabetic shock, it’s a great place to visit whenever you need a pick-me-up.Contributors post images of animals in cute situations, with baby animals andinterspecies snuggling being particularly popular.

C.O.’S RULES OF CUTENESS

No. 7: A thingaccompanied by a smaller version of that thing is always cute.

No. 9: Piles of a cutething jack up a cuteness rating exponentially.

No. 20: Show your paw pads.

No. 26: If you have fourlegs and can tuck yourself in, you’re cute.

No. 34: If your tailcurls up, it’s cute.

OPPOSITE DAY

If too much cuteness makesyour teeth hurt, there’s always the blog’s evil twin, Ugly Overload(uglyoverload.blogspot.com). There, you can find pictures of scorpions,camels, gigantic spiders attacking hens, and other less photogenic creatures.

VISIT IF

You’re feeling cynicalabout the world and need a quick smile. Longer visits require a high thresholdfor baby talk.

FIND IT cuteoverload.com

Paula H.S., Thanks for the scan, Baybee!

// The excerpt of the article quoted above was provided by the Spirit Magazine Team.  Thanks to MusicChick2 for arranging this! //

Comments

1. yes, wonderful. But lets remember about carbon footprints, yes?

2. Any shot of us seeing the rest of the article? :)

3. Woo!
    *and the crowd goes wild*
    Standing
    O!

4. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Woot fer teh cute

5. well-deserved press!

6. there’s got to be a way to convert cute into a carbon sponge…
    lol

*thud*

7. Yitzysmommie says:

Hoo-ray for The Luv which keeps me connected Salt Lake City to Phoenix where my favorite daughter, son-in-law and granddog Buddha live. Cheep airfare, hilarious commentz from the flight staff, & good exercise pushing others out of the way in the A line to get the best seat!
    So, enlighten me – what’s a carbon footprint?

8. It’s when you step in charcoal, YM.

w00t!!! CO can FLYYYYYY!!!!

(well, I suppose I knew that… those ham-pants fairies, y’know)

9. zeldapie says:

W00000000tee-W0000t W00t, Meg! How exciting! Now I gotta fly somewhere so I kin look at the mag. Maybe Paris? London? Kin I bum a few thou offa you?

10. Yaaaaay!!! I’m flying to Houston on Southwest in a couple of days, I’ll keep an eye out for the article!

11. Carbon footprints? Come over to my place, and we can cut down all the trees, and burn them, and then we’ll pave. It will be fun! We’ll build a landing strip, and then Meg could land in my backyard! Sweet! Next CO convention at my house Peeps! Bring Yer Helmet!

12. CBF: You gonna build a cute factory to spew cuteness all over teh place in your back yard too? Where the kiddy pool usta be?
    And I thought you was packing?
    :-)

13. “A Carbon Footprint is a measure of the impact human activities have on the environment in terms of the amount of green house gases produced, measured in units of carbon dioxide.”

Briefly, the things you do that speed up or delay climate changes. Taking an airplane has a big ol’ moose hoof of a `footprint’. And the more the climate changes, the fewer cute animals will be left in the wild. :(

Lovers of cute babies might take note, too – when those tots grow up they’ll be facing a different planet, and probably one with extreme weather, drought, and wildfires very common. How different depends, again, on the degree of environment change.

Oodles of info on this stuff, and how to offset and better, prevent carbon-belching-orama… one place is http://www.begreennow.com/

14. aww, my mom works for southwest. i will have to get her to bring me a copy of this next time she comes home :)

15. Shannon Johnson says:

Wet dog alert!!!!!!!!!

16. Why am I not surprised!? CO is the BEST.

But it’s KEELING me! I need to know what the 7 other diversions are!!! Tell me, tell me! Pleeeez!!

17. Someone who has the original copy – what does the rest of the text say? It cutes off (er – cuts off) mid-sentence! Help me out here!

18. soltares says:

I love Southwest… I just wish they allowed passengers to travel with pets. Looks like it’s going to be Delta to move my bunny cross-country, since they’re the only airline I’ve found that will fly from Orlando to Baltimore with an animal that isn’t a dog or cat.

19. Laura-Kathleen: I contacted Southwest Airlines and they sent me a pdf of the article. I can’t attach it here, but here is the text:
    “1. Blog
    Cute Overload
    THE CLAIM “We offer an overwhelming
    amount of cuteness to fill your daily
    visual allowance.”
    THE REALITY Even more cute than you
    can imagine. While spending hours on the site may induce diabetic shock, it’s a
    great place to visit whenever you need a
    pick-me-up. Contributors post images of
    animals in cute situations, with baby animals
    and interspecies snuggling being
    particularly popular.
    C.O.’S RULES OF CUTENESS No. 7: A
    thing accompanied by a smaller version
    of that thing is always cute. No. 9: Piles
    of a cute thing jack up a cuteness rating
    exponentially. No. 20: Show your paw
    pads. No. 26: If you have four legs and
    can tuck yourself in, you’re cute. No. 34:
    If your tail curls up, it’s cute.
    OPPOSITE DAY If too much cuteness
    makes your teeth hurt, there’s always the
    blog’s evil twin, Ugly Overload (uglyoverload.
    blogspot.com). There, you can find
    pictures of scorpions, camels, gigantic
    spiders attacking hens, and other less
    photogenic creatures.
    VISIT IF You’re feeling cynical about the
    world and need a quick smile. Longer visits
    require a high threshold for baby talk.
    FIND IT cuteoverload.com”

They also posted a photo of a Marmie kitten on its back and looking back at the camera over his shoulder. It’s ADORABLE!

20. Whoa….sorry Theo. Anyway you can edit that so it’s not soooo loooong?

21. Dr Science says:

Hooray for CO! Did you hear about the cat that flew all over the world while lost in the baggage hull of a plane?

22. Full text = awesome! Too bad an editor made them change “snorgling” to “snuggling,” though.

23. Why, oh why, oh why did I have to go to the uglyoverload.blogspot.com website!?!? It’s like watching a train wreck! I can’t not look!!! And now I’m all creeped out and itchy! ARGH!!!

24. MC2 — Heh. I don’t think it’s *too* long. But, like you, I only grabbed the part about CO. (I sent Teh Schmoop a note about the first & second seasons of “Beauty and the Beast” being available on DVD now, y’know, the TV series with Ron Perlman and the Terminator chick.)

25. w00t!

Teh Qte is spreading all over!

(LUV spreads QTE. Appropriate, no?)

26. creeped out says:

ahhh! UO is hideous. now i have the willies.

27. *shudders* Ugly Overload…never again!!

28. O.K. ugly overload just made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I must cleanse my eyes with cute.

Melly

29. Reason #4549 I LUV my employer!! If you get a chance to see the mag, it has an ADORABLE cover of a lab in a bandana too!

30. Laughing hard at the uglyoverload comments!! Raging Wombat (Meg’s counterpart) would be proud. I love UO and am peeping there as often as I am in CO. It’s a great site people–nothing sad or gross, just interesting and sometimes creepy.

31. Southwest is awesome in so many ways. First, I flew with them several times and have had a good flight every time.
    I’m also a pilot, and their pilots like to chat about flying. Some other airline pilots aren’t so friendly if you’re not in their “clique.”
    I had a huge project to do for work that had to do with employment verification for the federal government of all airport employees. Southwest employees are, by far, the most awesome employees there are! They were so pleasant and actually enjoy their jobs. Where I work, that’s just not normal.

So, if you work for Southwest A/L or know someone who does, KUDOS on a job well done!!!!!!!!

32. I was flying this weekend with my mom and reading through the Spirit Magazine, when I came upon the article featuring Cute Overload. I was so excited that I turned to grab my mom’s arm to point it out to her. (We are both addicts) Unfortunately, I was sitting in the middle seat and turned the wrong way, grabbing the arm of the stranger next to me. He was really quiet for the remainder of the flight. Oops.

33. jill-e-b says:

I’ve got a permanent case of the willies from UO. Even a category I thought would be safe, like “cats” was horror-movie bad.
    Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to scour my skin to keep it from crawling.

34. jill-e-b says:

FYI, peeps, one of the very best things you can do to save the planet is to go vegetarian. More than 1/3 of the raw materials and fossil fuels used in the US are going towards raising food animals. Factory farm cow pies are the biggest source of methane, which is 20 times more effective than CO2 than trapping heat in the atmosphere.
    Plus, animals are too cute to eat :o)
    Take a flight but order a veggie meal.

35. That is truly awesome!

36. Here a w00t, there a w00t …

37. Hmm… “Longer visits require a high threshold for baby talk.” NAY I say. I feel like I’m getting a giant, fluffy hug whenever I visit CO, and baby talk is a crucial part of this experience.