Mmmm, fresh Scottish Fold for breakfast!

Sometmes, it’s tough to eat breakfast when it’s looking at you. This kitteh looks extra delicious, though.

Breaky

Rosie, your kitteh "Squez" is aner! (able)

// UPDATE — Rosie has a whole public Picasa gallery that’s chock full o’kittens! //

Comments

1. Poor baby looks scared to death of soemthing.

Oh, and bleen!

2. Checks cereal box.
    Durn it! My kids must’ve gotten the kitteh prize first!

3. Madeline says:

Should we begin the countdown until this picture gets an intentionally poorly spelled caption and ends up on fark.com?:-)

4. meg, your obsession with ingesting small mammals is beginning to worry me…oh what am i saying? who doesn’t what to nibble teh qte?!

5. What kinda cereal box does that prize come in? I want some!

6. beenclawed says:

Why so scared bebeh? Perhaps it’s something to do with people climbing the scaffolding outside the window?

7. It’s not scared. It’s a Scottish Fold.

8. *Grabs a spoon and prods Mr. Scottish Fold*

Num num num!

9. oh lol. how cute.

i wants to neeble on his little crinkly ears.

10. Yitzysmommie says:

Kar & beenclawed, I think Squez’ look of fear may have something to do with the Slavering Lips and Mouth of Doom just waiting to EAT HIM UP!!!
    Anner, pehaps we should get a donayshe together for the Megster to get some fooders to appease her appetite for small mammals?

11. Yitzy: oh so THAT’s why she’s sellin the CO buttons & stickers, for FOOD!

Buy a button or the kitteh is lunch!

12. Cassandra says:

This isn’t a Scottish Fold, just a regular kitten, but I ate his ears for breakfast. Couldn’t help myself, they looked too delish!

13. Methinks kitteh just isn’t a big fan of rice pilaf…

14. But loves couscous.

15. To unmold your Kitteh Surprise, gently dip the bowl in warm water and invert over a serving plate.

16. zeldapie says:

Scottish Folds always looked like they’re gettin’ goosed.

I lurve them!

17. The recipe said to “fold” in the ingredients.. I was just doin what it said.. geez.. no need to get all skurred.

18. Yitzysmommie says:

You got it, Metz!!
    Does anyone else remember the National Lampoon cover “Buy This Magazine or the Dog Gets It” from looooong ago? Funniest cover ever – a nervous looking poochie with a handgun held to his head. It worked on me, wish i still had the copy.

19. zeldapie says:

Yizysmommie, I remember that cover! It’s a classic!

20. cubbybutt says:

that looks like a box of rice pilaf to me. kitteh n pilaf is yum.

21. ThreeCatNight says:

I’ll take some of the Compact Scottish Fold on an English Muffin, and hold the couscous!

22. Free Cheerios with every Scottish fold. Yum…

23. So sweet it needs no sugar! Maybe just a little love to get that scared look of it’s little eyes! Poor baby!

24. It looks to me like one of those sponge toys that start as a capsule, and you add water and it grows into a dino! Or a rhino! or a scottish fold kitteh! Any minute the water will reach the earsicles and they will go poik! poik!

25. I usually prefer Tabby-ouli.

26. Nope, that’s Near East Couscous in that thar box. It’s almost as delish as Scottish Fold kittehs!

27. Class, a Scottish Fold has folded down ears normally, hence the name. It’s not ’cause they’re a’skeered of anything. Behold: http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/scottish.html

28. rassafras says:

I R DAED OF KYEWT!!1!

Xo}

nuf said.

29. pat_the_bunny says:

No sugar needed!

I lurves me sum Scottie Fold!

30. Are you going to eat me now?
    Look, I know I’m not supposed to be in here, but that’s no reason for getting milk out of the fridge…
    Stop drooling! You hear?!?

31. Shannon Johnson says:

Yums, scottish fold.

32. *munching sounds* NUOM NUOM NUOM NUOM NUOM

Mmmm, brekky :-D

33. fish eye no miko says:

twig said: “It’s not scared. It’s a Scottish Fold.”

Yeah, wide eyes and pressed-down ears is cat body language for “scared”. Since Scottish Folds have those two traits naturally, they always look scared. That’s one of the reasons I don’t find them as cute as most cats–who wants a kitty that always looks frightened? )-:

34. Caroline says:

He’s like, “You’re not going to…….eat me! Are you?”

35. weensicka says:

My cat looks perpetually scared too, due to the fact that she has abnormally HUGE eyes. Stheriously…big like quarters. And she is teh Qte. I lurve her.

36. *thinking to himself*If I hold reeeeely reeeely still she’ll think I’m not here.

Oh! Hi Mom! Uh, your couscous? No there wasn’t any couscous here when I got in. I’ll bet you ate it and forgot, yeah that’s it. Me? Now Ma, you know I’m not allowed to eat “people” food…come on! I’d neeeever eat your dinner…no really, why are you snickering?

*thinking to self*
    Ok I think she’s on to me, gotta work on the innocent look a little more.

37. fish eye: Actually, a Scottish Fold’s ears should always be pointed forward, flat against the head. When cats are agitated, their ears point back, not forward – and not flat against the head.

It’s a common mix-up. :)

38. PLEASE DON’T EAT ME!

39. Maybe the flash from the camera scared him. He does look frightened but its soooo cute! You just want to pick him up and snuggle with him – its okay litte guy…..

40. AuntieMame says:

“If I keep my ears down, they can’t see me…”

41. “When you said I was cute enough to eat, I didn’t expect you to reach for a spoon. Mew?”

42. Kaitou Juliet says:

*squee* I can really use something cute today, and that does the trick!

Has anyone considered making “Pets in Pots” a category on cute_overload? Surely there must be plenty of examples…

43. I just got comfortabuls and you say what you were going to use this bowl for something else ??????????
    Maybe we should get that large cup of tea cat that was on here a couple of monthes ago, right meg??????

44. “You’re so cute I could just eat you up.”

Right thar. Literally. Kitteh.

Also: Squez? How do you say that, and is it short for anything?

45. Its the Flower shop store grey scottish fold kitteh in a cup
    trackback 316041/18151934
    someone help me bring it over here please !!!!!!!

46. Alice Shortcake says:

“Waiter, there’s a Scottish Fold in my porridge!”
    “Don’t shout, sir, everyone else will want one.”

47. Why it’s Scottish foldmeal, of course.

48. Madeline – it did end up on fark.com & it’s horrendous …

warning: do not open if ur squeamish

49. Brak_Silverbone says:

This picture actually made me say “AWWWW!” out loud! At work and stuff! I love the slightly panicky eyes!

50. kel13123 says:

I’ll have two bowls please!!

51. Ah. Nothing like a bowl of mew-sli in the morning.

52. fawn lust says:

scottish foooooolds! they always look so delicious!

53. I told you we’d need a bigger bowl! They expand in water honey; says so right there on the box!

54. fluidstatic says:

it’s like, *teensy kitteh voice* … “mommy, don’t eet mee.”

55. Well, if she was about to make the couscous, she’s heading towards teh babeh with boiling water, run kitteh run

56. Can anyone tell me what “anerable” means?! I’m new to this site, and I keep reading it!

57. book_monstercats says:

Anne, it’s CO-speak for adorable. See on the right for the Official CO Glossary.

Is it me, or is that scottie fold really Nermal, the permanently wide-eyed cute kitten aka Garfield’s nemesis? Have you told Jim Davis he’s escaped, Meg?

58. Here at Freindly ranch, we only serve the cutest dishes you can imagine…After the hordeurves of kitteh we come to the entree of fresh boiled baby:
    Enjoy.

59. CBF — that is *so* wrong
    [snort]

60. Kitty in a bowl! So cute!

61. book_monstercats says:

CBF – oh noes!

62. darkshines says:

I HAZ A BOWL.

63. OH NOES – BOWL HAS MEEEEE!!!

64. hap_ebun_e says:

yes, im guessing it IS kind of hard to eat breakfast when its looking right at U, thinking “don’t eat me. please. don’t eat me.”

65. SHE ACCEPTED MY PHOTO!!! I am SO honored and excited. I’m out of town and haven’t checked CO for like 3 days (unheard of for me), and I look today and my baby Squez is on here! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Thank you everyone for joining me in my love for my anerable kitteh Squez! He has a sister named Ion (she’s our “cat Ion”), and she’s a SF as well but with straight ears.

Let me know if anyone wants a link to their photo site!

To respond to some comments: his name is pronounced “skwez”, and we aren’t exactly sure how we made it up. It’s probably a derivative of something like, “we’ll love him and SQUEZ him!”.

And I want everyone to know that when we decided to get kittens, I chose to get scottish folds BECAUSE OF CUTE OVERLOAD! :) :) This site has meant so much to me over the years. I saw so many anerable foldies, and I knew I had to get one! (And we LOVE Ion as well…she’s just as wonderful.) In fact, using the word Squez for Squeeze probably came from talking like this site has taught me as well.

And oddly enough, that isn’t his skeered look. That’s his “you can’t see me, mommy! Which is good because I’m going to pounce on you in 45 seconds if I don’t fallz…asleepz…fir…zzzzzzzzzzz” We’ve always left that bowl there once we realized he and his sister love to squish into it and chase their tails. In this shot, he ducked down low to see how sneaky he could be.

Thanks SO much, everyone! This is one of the best days of my life!

66. Squez is so CUTE! I love this picture. Boy, I wonder if he will drink from the cat dish me and Mishi made or sit in it. It can be lik ea bird bath for a cat!

67. POUR MEH A HEALTHY BOWLZ OF THAT PLEAAZZEEE!!

68. SQUEZ IS THE CUTEST KITTEH EVER!!!

(how was that.)

69. […]Extraido de Cute Overload[…]

70. Rosie – of course we want links to their photos…geez you think one picture is enuff for any of us. (We could stop looking at anytime, we just don’t want to right now…)

71. Uh … the problem with trying to eat Scottish folds with a spoon is that they have no snarfable ear-chompage!

72. bongobunny says:

What IS it with cats and bowls? I mean, it doesn’t look at all comfortable!

73. Rosie — gimme linx! I can put ‘em in the post…

74. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so cute how did u fit that cat in that bowl was it just small enough? anyway it looks sooooooooo cute it dessevers to be on this website!

75. that is probably the cutest cat i have seen on this entire website!!!! *sigh

76. Rosie — took me a while, but there’s your update!

77. olivia, he actually got into that bowl and position all by himself! His sister Ion is in the same bowl at this very moment, but she’s a good 6 weeks older than him so her ‘tocks are spilling out a bit. :) I just happened to be there with my cell phone camera at the right time!

And thanks, theo!!!!