And now, a kitt-tayn sucking its thumb

People, I swear that thumb sucking was not meant to be a theme today, but with this photo, we may have crossed the line into "Thumb-Sucking Friday". [shaking head]

Kittensuckingthumb

Travis F., way to add a theme to the day.

Comments

1. Wow. That is a truly precious little bell. And what a totally comforting and sweet photo. Thanks, CO!

2. jill-e-b says:

Cute Overload in action.
    And I’ve changed my mind. THIS is the cutest kitty ever.

3. TENDERONI!

4. fish eye no miko says:

Wait, cats have thumbs now?
    Well, that’s it. As soon as they learn to operate can openers, we’re doomed…

I, for one, welcome our cute feline overlords.
    ^_^

5. tenspeed says:

would this kind of be like Cats’n’Racks? I mean, a mama kitty nipple doesn’t really constitute a Rack, but you know…just sayin…

6. Totally paw-thumb.

*rimshot*

7. Ah yes…when cats learn to utilize their thumbs, it will be the end of the human race, and felines will take their place as the rightful rulers of this planet.

8. Cute, true, and yet this kitten — and the seal pup preceding him — will soon be confiscated by the grammar police, who will knock angrily upon the virtual door, wrestle the whole lot of us to the virtual floor, and take us downtown on a hefty “its, not it’s” charge.

9. A nummy thumb! How precious!! Methinks we need a COXCU!

10. R. Moore says:

It looks like a tiny bear, doesn’t it?

11. “Wait, cats have thumbs now?”

Yep, FENM, that’s definitely worth a double-take. [dun dun dunnnn!]

12. Cee — its fixt’ed

13. up until I saw this today, my brain was functioning fairly well. post-kitten, it was all *bzzzt*static*FRITZzzt*
    Gah.

14. ChaCha — I know the gzzt very well, I do. Naps help.

15. i personally can’t wait until cats have thumbs – then they can start pulling their weight at home with the chores. i think they purposely don’t have them for this very reason. who wouldn’t want to stay home all day sleeping.

16. Martha in Washington says:

I want to hear the suckie sounds like with the babeh seal!

BTW, did anyone else see the news story about how scientists have traced the DNA of 1000 “domesticated” cats from all over the world to one cat from the Middle East? It seems that we didn’t domesticate the cats, they domesticated themselves. Like anyone who has ever lived with a cat didn’t know that-they are just tolerating us until something better comes along, like an opposable thumb!

17. sally o'malley says:

kittahs with thumbs are the best kittahs in the world.

DO WANT.

18. terrytoons says:

i have a strong urge to suck my thumb today, too.

19. Yitzysmommie says:

I’m hyperventilating from the Qte here. Shiny paw pads, check. Kittaine sucking hees thumbe, check. Kitten ‘N’ Rack, check. Tiny thing next to a large version of the same thing, check.
    OK, it’s final – This Pic is Truly Cute Overload.

20. thumbsucking + fuzzy belly + shiny jelly beans = *poit*

21. Juniper Jupiter says:

shhhh…don’t wake the kee-kee…so tie-tie…prolly dreamin’ aboot jumping on white poofy clouds or slidin’ down rainbows or who knows…jus’ don’ wak’er up…shhh>-.-

22. oh my gawddd. i’m melting. there is so much going on in this pic. omgomgomg. *poit*

23. Furbabies says:

Those eensy weensy teensy tiny toesies! I wants to smooch thems all! kiss kiss kiss

24. SeaBreeze says:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Soooooo Cute!!!

25. has anyone noticed the proshness of his ear? yummeh

26. acelightning says:

Ahem.
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    That is all.

(Actually, of course, that *isn’t* all. The tinyness! The shiny paw pads! The pinkness under the white fur! The plump little baby belly! The sleepy face! The thumb-in-mouth! Mom’s soft white belly! The sheer KITTENTUDE of it all!)

27. Martha in Washington, was that the study from the University of Duh?

28. DoodleyDog says:

ACK!! Those are some seriously shiny, super-suckable toes!!!

29. “Thumb-Sucking Friday” Try saying THAT one five times fast. You say a naughty word. :-)

30. Martha in Washington says:

Rachel-yeah, the scientists probably got, like, a billion,trillion tax-payer dollars to do that study. I coulda told ‘em that for only a billion or so.

31. Awwww. I feel so sleepy.

32. Theresa says:

Amazing. I’m amazed.

33. Belly on belly action! Cuute!

34. I’ll have to lie down for a few minutes.

35. lauowolf says:

Because sometimes it’s just too hard to nurse.

36. Madison says:

So cute! This little kitty is sucking it’s little thumb!

37. Rebecca says:

Wait, I just realized something that is totally unbelievable. We have no rule about sleeping animals! How could this be?! Any animal that is sleeping is cute. I swear, even a slug would be cute if it would just curl up and start snoring. We definitely need to fix this oversight. All in favor of a sleeping animal rule?

38. The Lara says:

It’s true, Rebecca!!! Sleeping things are the Ultimate in Cute. In fact, although I’m ultimately a Cat Person (well… okay, so I luvz me all Annie Mulez…), I long ago came to the conclusion that a Sleeping Baby Ferret may just be the cutest freakin’ thing in the whole entire world!!! Seriously. If you ever get a chance to check it out, do so… extra points if it’s on its back…. take an extra close look at the little mouth/fangs/nosicle… You’ll poop yourself!

39. I personally love this kitteh’s belleh more than the thumb-sucking. I just want to tickle that little belleh.

40. Is it wrong of me that I want to peench Mama Cat’s nipple and go “REEEEEEEET”?

41. beautiful! i would love to see more pictures of these kittehs.
    is there a link? I wanna hold it!

42. Uhh…where’s the Thumb Sucking Rule of Cuteness??

43. beenclawed says:

White on white, and the pink visible underneath the kitteh’s white… omgpon1!ies!!!!!!! Precious baby!

44. Bex, I think Rule 6 just about covers it. Also applicable are Rule 1, Rule 35, and Rule 20.

45. Travis F says:

Liz, there are lots more pictures here:

46. awwwww!!!! Thats all I can say.. it looks soooo adorable.