Welcoming Lucy 3.0!

Lucy3_0001Lucy 3.0, the latest spokeshamster over at HamsterTracker.com has arrived! HamsterTracker tracks the incredible distance hams cover in a specially-crafted wheel.

According to Mathijs Van Der Pauw (yes, paw!) Lucy 3.0 is a healthy bebeh girl ham, just 5 weeks old, adopted from the local ham adoption center. (hee!)

Please note Lucy, below, in her travel box from the adoption center to Mathijs house. Check Mathijs thumb compare to Lucy 3.0’s size. Hilare!

Lucy3_0004

I hope she is an active ham, Mathijs! We’re looking forward to watching her progress. ;)

Comments

1. Our first lookat Lucy Three Yayyyy!

[now I'm busy imagining what a "lookat" might be, which is a bit worrying, but it wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened... - Ed.]

2. luvinmalssomuch says:

Peek a Boo I see who?
    It’s me hammy hamster.

3. All Hail Hamster Lucy 3.0! Long May She Run! Wheeee!

4. The world is once again whole, with a Lucy for Mathijs to show us all!

5. Kristin says:

My 85 pound yellow lab is named Lucy. I would love to see the two Lucy’s side by side. :)

6. Lizzums says:

Kristin, no offense to your Lucy, but I fear that if we did put the two Lucys side by side, we’d end up with only one Lucy, and nobody wants that.

*giggle* But, it’d be one HUGE hammy!

7. Lizzums says:

Yes, it was bad, I know.

8. yay!! I <3 Lucy!

9. Gorsh, it’s just like with the iPod–each new generation is even smaller than the previous one. Congrats Mathijs on your new baby!

10. Shannon says:

Please pass my congrats on to Mathijs. I am happy for him and his new addition! Gawd – they’re cute.

11. Shannon just cliock this link and leave your congrats right at the site Mathijs loves to hear from people

12. awwwww……

13. beenclawed says:

Yaaaaaaaaay!! Awesomely great news!! 5 weeks old… such a li’l darlin’! Wonder if she has any idea how lucky she is to have Mathijs as a human daddy? :)

14. Sweetmisery says:

Lucy 3. What a tiny little girl.

15. Annie – Well, there is a LookAt! Over on the IBM site. Check it: http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/bkserv/lookat/
    Don’t ask me what it is though. ;-)

16. book_monstercats says:

Metsakins, you got there before me. Awwwwwwwwwwwww…

17. Oops.. I see that my comment should have been addressed to Theo. My bad….

18. Lucy 3.0 is anerable! So sweet!

19. Furbabies says:

I want to see Lucy eat her first broccoli!

20. OMG I cannot believe I saw the word HILARE in print! My best friend and I invented that word (or so we thought) about 25 years ago when we were in junior high. It’s been our inside joke ever since. Too funny that someone else uses it. HILARE in fact!

21. Musicchick2-hehe- not only is there a LookAt but there are 8 versions and a Mobile LookAt.

Ahem.. Actually (Blushes) I was typing fast and posted with out proof reading..

22. Awww, congratulations on your new furry pal! That’s one lucky ham!

23. welcome lucy. awww she’s a cutie.

24. Yitzysmommie says:

Yay = after the sad news from the CatCave, it is a deelight to meet Lucy 3.0. I wonder if she’s had her first cheesburger yet? (I will return to CO tout suite after a diversion to HamsterTracker!)

25. The Chipnotizer says:

It’s unanimous!!! No controversy!!! Lucy 3.0 is adorable and everyone is happy to see her!!! So happy Mathijs adopts instead of raising “Super Hams” that can run “faster, better, longer”!!! I love her!!!

26. Yay for Lucy 3.0! I was so sad when Lucy 2.0 died. She was such a pretty, sweet little hammie. And her owner Mathijs was so broken up about it.

Many people don’t realize how wonderful hamsters are to have as pets. They’re low-maintenance, inexpensive, and if you give them a good home they can give you hours of entertainment. They may not play fetch, but they can crawl all over you, and it’s so cute!

Mathijs is so wonderful to see–he cares about his hammies so much. I only hope that I can make sure my hamster Phadeus is just as happy as his Lucys have been. He inspired me to set up my own tracker! Check out Phadeus’ blog: http://www.xanga.com/Phadeus

27. A pauw is a peacock, not a paw :P It’s a cute little hamster though!

28. Am I the only one who went green with envy at the phrase “his local ham adoption center”? I doubt we even have a regional ham adoption centre. Is this a common thing in the Netherlands? If so, I am going to live there right now.

29. Mikeyfur says:

Welcome, Lucy 3.0! So happy to have the next generation ready to run and make us smile!

30. Aw, she’s so tiny. She look so timid. can’t wait to see her runnin’ around.

31. re: Ham Adoption Center

Often there are abandoned hams at your local shelter, or on CraigsList. I got my last hamster from a shelter and while at first a little standoffish from early neglect he was just as active and climby as any other ham. He lived 2 years with me.

Now I have a bunny (also adopted from a shelter)

32. Awwwwwwwwwww.

Sooooo teeeny.

33. my guinea pig brothers were adopted from my local humane society! Call your local shelters first – before you “buy!”

34. Shannon Johnson says:

Hams are cool. I would love to have one as a pet.

35. Loves Cute says:

Hi lil Lucy 3.0!!

I hope you have a fabulously long and happy life!!

36. Just to reitterate a point above before you go buying at the pet store for any animal cat dog bunny hamster mouse even horse goat or donkey check your local shelter. Shelters have a wide variety of animals in theri care many at foster homes so check there first.