Poky Little Puppy Eyes

Teeny_eyes_2

What is it about Beagle puppehs and their uncanny ability to do Princess Di eyes? Incredibuhls. Oh, and Amazon.com let’s you see the front, back and two pages inside the Pokey Leetle Puppy book. It’s been a while since I seen that thar book.

Princess_diin

Coy submishe, my little Jessica C.! ;)

Comments

1. I think they are called puppy dog eyes ;-)

2. Come on,
    roll in the grass & clover wit me. You know you want to…

3. Hey, I had that book when I was a kid.

4. AWWWWWWWWWW!

5. Suda Nim says:

Either that’s a harness the puppy is wearing, or someone is really unclear on the concept of a collar…

6. Jennita says:

I love beagles. I feel like this one should be having glasses at the end of the nose.

7. rpennefe says:

The rule really is that all beagle puppies are cute.

That being said, I would like to point out the following:

EYE BOOGERS! EYE BOOGERS!

8. I loved that book when I was little. My sister and I would request that my mom read it to us almost on an hourly basis.

9. The Pokey Little Puppy!

You know what else was a cute book? The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

10. This just proves that eye boogers can be cute too.

11. linders says:

lol! my dad used to read that book to me when I was a kid. He actually would call our dog that too.

12. and what about my husband fave: “the shy little kitten”?!

13. Ahh…I had that book when I was little. Thanks for reminding me! Cute little puppeh, too. Beagles do have the loveliest faces.

14. The Pokey Puppy book. (Claps hands and jumps up and down.) Had it read to me as a kid and read it to my kiddles.

And if those aren’t THE cutest brown princess Di eyes I ever saw. Awww
    The Cute it slays me!!

15. donutbill says:

All this time I thought “The poky little puppy” was a work of fiction!!

16. Voted most likely to draw you in by batting coy eyes, then chew your hand off.

17. The eyes are definitly the cuteist!
    …..no maybe the paws are….and that nose is just perfect…..but the position is adorable……

18. Don’t be fooled by the qte! Believe me when I say that an evil black heart beats in that tiny, adorable, shmoopy, snuffly, little, yummy…

*Gives in and gives the beagle all her worldly possessions*

19. Loves Cute says:

Awwww! :)

… although … are we sure someone didn’t just do the naughtiest thing ever and is hoping to not get caught…?

20. what the hell? Those aren’t puppy dog eyes, they’re “Come hither” eyes. Kind of creepy! but still cute.

21. I just love those Lady Di eyes!

22. Stephanie says:

Awe, the Poky Little Puppy was the first book I read by myself when I was like, 3! :3

That puppy’s all like “You want me to *what*?”

23. Suzy's Mom says:

Beagle puppies are the cutest. My Suzy gets in the same down position when she is begging for whatever you’re is eating.

24. Suzy's Mom says:

Boy I sure didn’t edit that last post right. The “is” obviously doesn’t belong. :o The pup had me under her spell. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.

25. Those ears look like they are ready to lift him into flight, ‘copter style.

26. Meh, I read it as “…begging for whatever it is you’re eating” anyway.

27. Shannon Johnson says:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! That is so cute! Is it just beagles that do that or can other puppeh breeds do that?

28. I immediately thought of this book . It looks just like the cover. http://www.amazon.ca/Serendipity-Books-Rhubarb-Stephen-Cosgrove/dp/0843138246

29. pit bull friend says:

I always thought the pokey little puppy was a pit bull. I don’t think he looks beagley enough for me, although I do love beagles. But Pit bull puppies are MUCH cuter and perhaps more mischievous.

30. OMGz the PLP!! Oy, I read the wheels off that thing when I was little. I still remember the pups lapping up custard and tumbling “pell mell” down the hills.

31. MargeAggedon says:

HAAAA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa!
    *THUMP* [sound of me falling over laughing]

32. This much cuteness makes me melt. I’m melting….

33. Yitzysmommie says:

What? No commentroversy on Poky Little Puppies? No suggestions that tormenting a beaglet to make him make Princess Di eyes is CROOL N UNUSUAL???
    tsk, tsk, tsk.

34. hmmmm Clears Throat. How dare you take the cute from this site and bring us the horrors of Beagle puppehs subjected to having their pictures taken. Not CUTE! I will not stand for this. (sits down)after soap box breaks.
    Hows that Yitzysmommie. canyou please pass the left over chocolate pudding and merlot.

35. What I can’t believe is there are no Nuffs yellin about how custard and cake and puddin is the wrong diet for puppehs and how dare we keep reading this propaganda to the childrens and how cruel it is to keep the puppehs stuck behind the fence!

36. brittany says:

awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!! thats so cute

37. Yitzysmommie says:

Good on ya, Annie & CBF.

38. Now only if I could master this “come-hither” look… then I can take over the world!!!!

39. R. Moore says:

(scoff) Troublemakers, Annie and CBF.

40. I swear when I first read the title of the book I saw it as ‘The porkiest puppy’

Weird.

41. Christine says:

All these beagle pups are leading us to (wait for it)

An Apocutealypse! (tm Lauren)

Thanks, Meg!

42. Oh! I haven’t seen the PLP book since I was a wee lass. That cover takes me back.

Sometimes my husband calls me the pokey little Sharon–makes me swoon.

43. leah b. says:

i am just sitting here why are yo laughing at me, I just doing what you told me to do where is my treat????

44. Now where was that poky little puppy?

45. My favorite – besides the Pokey Pup, which still makes me cry – was this great book called “The Elephant and the Bad Baby.” The baby never said please or thank you, and upset everyone, especially the elephant, but then he learned how and they all had pancakes.

46. Well, it has finally come to this… I must post a comment! Poky puppies totally ROCK! Read it as a child and have read it to my niece and nephew… Still have it too! (with a somewhat well-loved cover)
    And it was “roly-poly, tumble-bumble, pell mell down the hill”- just to clarify!

47. Carlton says:

Poky Leetle Puppy = cute
    Beagles = really dumb animals

48. almost as dumb as humans.

49. Martha in Washington says:

My son’s copy of “The Poky Little Puppy” came with one of those little wooden dogs with wheels and a string with a springy tail (the dog had a springy tail not the string) and I would read it to him and he would pull the little dog around until it fell over and he would continue to pull it around. He was such a cute baby but he is almost 19 now! BooHoo I miss my little boy!
    Sorry, it’s the mom in me.

50. Martha in Washington says:

BTW, cute puppeh! I hear that beagles are “escape artists” and “very vocal”. (I love the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show-thanks for all the info.)

51. Carlisa says:

“Look…This is MY yard…MY potty.”

52. Xtineebee says:

Pokey Little Puppy! I loooved that book! My mother, she hates it with a passion as it would seem I asked to hear it one to many times as a wee one (that, and the rhyme is very weak inside….)
    But, she loves puppies so all is well.

53. Ohhh… this puppy is cute!
    You’ve a great blogs here..
    You’ve grabbed my admiration on you!

curryegg

54. Oh – the Pokey Little Puppy! Even over here in little olde Engerland I had that book – wasn’t there strawberry shortbread in it or something? Never realised he was a beagle, though…

55. Pokey Little Puppy has always been my favorite book. I still have my original copy (more than 50 years old!)

56. goldwave says:

That is a coyote expression; it’s actually a pre-attack mode; wolves make that face too! The puppy is proving his genetic heritage!

57. That puppeh is so “WHAT do you think you are doing??”

58. OMG: Peyt! I loved the Serendipity books when I was a kiddo too! Catundra!
    Gabby! Nitter Pitter! Squeakers! The Little Mouse on the Prairie! All those book covers are tewtally cute! The stories too.

59. “pre-attack” mode? they use CUTE to attack?? AWESOME!!

60. ThreeCatNight says:

Puppeh says:
    “Yes, I know I am cute. And I will stare you down. You are helpless to resist me. You are in my power. Now, come over here and I will lick you….ahhh, delicious!”

61. I want the puppy. I have the book. Talk about adorable.

62. Aww she really looks like puppy with pokey puppy eyes

63. i had the book as a kid and i just bought it again 4 my daughter

64. Pre-attack mode alright. that is his look right before he hops up and licks you. Hehehe

65. goldwave says:

Well…I meant “pre-attack” like a puppy would…look at his body posture, he’s tensing up to jump up and ATTACK!!! :) But really, it is an expression I’ve seen a bunch of time on the wild ones….

66. Snowpea says:

Oh man, I just want to shoftkronsche one of them appetizing velvety ears…

67. oh, i loooooved that book!! so much so that when they had a t-shirt with the cover illus. on it at hot topic, i braved the store and bought it!!

beagle pups are arguably the masters of the “puppy dog eye”

68. Courtney says:

I remember that book! What a cute puppy pic! It looks exactly like Poky Puppy!

69. i was just reminded out of the blue of the cutest kids show ever: http://www.hitentertainment.com/kipper/index2.html

the episode where Arnold gets lost and they walk around saying “Ahh-nold???” the whole time is my favorite…