The 60s were good to me, Honey

Everyone was free—free to do what they want, when they wanted.

Wai—what were we talking about?

The_60s_were_goooooood_to_m

Robyn R., "Arnie" has a point there.

Comments

1. Nice old-world/new(er)-world crossover pic.

2. …actually, on second thought, I’m not 100% sure this pup’s about the 60s.
    The fur-do says Jerry Garcia, but the shirt says Sha Na Na.

3. One Eyed Daruma says:

Actually…I was thinking early 80’s…the satin jacket with matching jogging shorts craze. Thank goodness that’s over!

4. …on THIRD thought, I suppose it’s still all Woodstock.

5. The satin makes me think more Shangri-La rather than Sha Na Na.

6. HE is all into his healthfood and new age music and still living in teh 80 jogging suit, but thinking about the fun he had at woodstock.
    He is a Yuppuppy!!!

7. Punctuation errors hurt my soul.

8. RevWaldo says:

I hope I’m not late for the Tony Awards…

9. Lillith says:

Aww little burnout poodle-doodle!

10. ThreeCatNight says:

Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side!
    (Er- actually, I think THAT was the seventies! Oh well..)

11. Annie: That is priceless – Yupuppy! Love eet!!

12. Ali — it’s done. The rogue apostrophe has been put down.

13. Too Many Maureens says:

PERFECT! I *love* the commentary. That pup has tewtally forgotten what he was just saying.

I’m thinking 70s-80s rollerskating attire, here. Just picture little silver spangled rollerskates on all four fluffy feet.

14. Sweetmisery says:

Ya baby, looking good in blue satin. Screw those other guys. Farm out.

15. I don’t know… he looks a little LEARY to me!

16. Is it my imagination or is Arnie-pup lounging on a gnaw-gahide beanbag chair?

17. Theo, you’re right — Jerry Garcia lives -as a little white pup! What a long, strange trip.

18. freetomato says:

Poochie reminds me of Phil Spector…’cept for the insane gun-waving killer part…..

19. why is “low rider” going around in my head just now?

take a little trip, take a little trip, take a little trip with me

20. Tina Rhea says:

Can’t remember who said something like, “I have been commissioned to write my memoirs. Does anyone know where I was between 1964 and 1972, and what the hell I was doing?” Maybe it was this dude.

21. Theo, thank you. You have healed my soul.

22. Mary (the first) says:

Ali, you’ve taught me something. Thanks.

As for the dewd in the photo, all I can think of is that guy in Star Wars played by Billy Dee Williams. Didn’t he have a satin-y suit with a stand-up type collar? I have that picture in my mind and can’t get it out.

AND all these adorable puppehs in C.O. have not only strengthened my desire for a dog but now I want a smallish one I can make outfits for. It’s probably best that I’m not allowed (by disapproving, elderly cat whose wishes must be obeyed) to have one.

23. Yupuppy -LMAO

btw 60’s face but not 60’s shirt unless is it a NERU COLLAR?…omg

24. Love the “KEEP ON TRUCKIN” scroll over!!

[hehe... teh Masked Moderator strikes again! - Ed.]

25. Doggie’s satin jacket is definitely the late 70s — but the expression is tewtelly 60s.

Right on, puppers.

26. Ooooooohhhhh yeah… bleen there, done that.

27. Heh, SarahR… and now pup’s just a washed-up has-bleen.

“No reason to get excited,” the thief, he kindly spoke, “there are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
    “But you and I, we’ve bleen through that, and this is not our fate…”

(so wrong)
    (so very, very wrong)

28. It’s the Hef! Kickin back at the Playboy Mansion!
    He’s just trying to appear younger by trading in his signature black silk jammies for baby blue ones!

29. In the 70s my teenaged sister wore a jacket just like this when she would go to the roller rink to roller disco with her boyfriend. She would practice in the garage, and if I wasn’t too annoying, she would let me watch. I thought she was so cool…..

30. Why does the puppy have such long arms? Especially his right one?

31. ack !!!

BIG hair and perms memories …

Yupuppy’s got that I’m gonna keel you look

32. Look at that face and then look at some pics of Keith Richards…

33. To me, this picture says “old kung fu master”. The squinty eye, the crazy white hair, the satin top with the mandarin collar… that bichon is going to pull out the Wonder Paw of Shaolin any minute now, grasshopper!

34. “Ah, the Haight in the old days, starting The Family Dog, Janis, Quicksilver, Country Joe, ‘Fixin’ To Bark Rag’…”

35. I love Arnie… -kiss-

36. Aubrey — can’t forget Big Bowser and the Humping Company.

Yes, I’m bad. Very bad.
    [hangs head in shame]

37. Meg, your interpretations are pure genius. The look on that dog is priceless.

38. Brak_Silverbone says:

This dog reminds me a lot of a really cool teacher I had in college. He was in his 80s, and he told us plenty of wild tales of adventures in the 1930s when he was an out-of-control young artist. Thanks for the memories!

39. Tiff-parent says:

I make this jacket look good!