Bébé Oh-tères

Check out the "Flip-pères Up" and the "I’m sleepin’ with mah rattle" actshon. Not to maynshon the TINY EARLETTES! (See C.O.X.C.U.)

Monterey_otts

C.O.X.C.U.:Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka

Pacman? is THAT YOU?[Looking at otter ear]

Katherine S. took these photogs at Monterey Bay Aquarium.
Awesome Otter caaaam! [singsong]

Comments

1. mervtheflamingo says:

underwater bleenage

2. mervtheflamingo says:

Soo cute too. I wanna snorgle them.

3. SeaBreeze says:

CUTE!!!!!

… but, I otter get back to work ….

4. fish eye no miko says:

Awwwww… so cute!
    BTW, if you ever get a chance to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, GO. It’s awesome, with all kinds of sea life and a shark and ray petting pool (they’re babeh sharks, and quite harmless and cute) and an incredible aquarium with some of the hugest, most amazing fish I’ve ever seen…
    /note: This is an unsolicited testimonial; I am in no way affiliated with the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

5. GIMME AN O!

6. !O!

7. GIMME A T!

8. joodster says:

T!

9. michellemybelle says:

otters otters otters otters otters!!!

10. MUUUSH-ROOOM, MUUUSH-ROOOM!

(Oh wait, that’s badgers, sorry.)

11. There otter be a law against this much kewtness!

(Sorry, couldn’t resist the punnage – there really should be a law requiring it lol)

12. soulcal006 says:

otters complete me. more otters…i demands it. please and thank yous…lol.

13. GIMME ANOTTER T!

14. Peg of Tilling says:

T!

15. gimme an E!

16. SeaBreeze says:

E!

17. Yitzysmommie says:

gimme an “R”!

18. R!!

\O/

–TwoDragons

19. lymerae says:

WHAT’S THAT SPELL????

[and what the heck, while we're at it, throw in an "S" too -- Ed.]

20. I used to work at a zoo, and surprisingly one of the most dangerous animals there is the otter. They’re very cute but can do some fast shredding damage to anyone within reach. I was allowed to handle live wolves and poisonous snakes, but never dared get near these unpredictable brutes!

21. leah b. says:

I wish I could lay around in water all day and play with my toys, like this here bebeh. Its so hot and I don’t look that good in my swimsuit, a few might faint.

22. Pomping de irons!

23. Theo, what’re you tryin’ to say? OtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterzOtterz???
    It’s otterly TERRIFIC!

24. This is otterly adorable and i would like to point out the otter lack of plentiful otter picture.

the percentage of otter pictures is otterly too low on CO.

25. MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE ANIMAL EVER!
    Such a great personalities!

26. OhhhhhhKayyyyyy, if they start holding hands, it’s all over for moi…. *klunk*

27. darkshines says:

Otters mean a lot to me. The first date I ever had with my boyfriend was at the Aquarium, and we “awwwed” over the otters for hours. It was the same day the otters holding hands video came out :) So we <3 otters....

28. Darkshines, that’s so sweeeeeeet!

29. Suda Nim says:

Thanks to this week’s New York Times Sunday crossword, I now know that the adjectival form of “otter” is “lutrine,” just as “wolf” –> “lupine.”

This has been your otterly useless fact of the day.

30. YAY FOR OTTER LUTRINITY!

31. Aww, that brought back some nice memories – I went there on my honeymoon (and … yes … I think my husband was there too)! What a neat place! Those otters are kewl.

32. wheeeee it looks like it’s lifting weights

33. MilkyWei says:

uber cute! By the aquarium, there’s a shop that sells t-shirts and sweaters with the “Harry Otter” logo!

It’s a fuzzy otter with glasses, and lightning bolt on the forehead and all :D

34. MissAntithesis says:

Awwww, I miss Monterey! Those little guys were the BEST.

35. you otter go to the monterey bay aquarium and your husband otter too.

36. Tina Rhea says:

Some GOOD environmental news (and we’ll take all we can get) about otters: they’re increasing in Britain now that some pesticides have been restricted.

37. That otter looks a little old to still be playing with a rattle. But seriously, I’ve heard many stories about aquarium sea otters that love to play with specific toys. I think it comes from their attachment to rocks that they use to break open clams and crabs. Asian otters usually have a favorite rock or pebble that they like to play with. Otters rule!

38. Ok, I give up – I couldn’t just lurk.

OTTERRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZ!!!

39. Otters do, indeed, rule; and thank you CO for putting me on to what I think is going to be the videostream that stops me doing anything useful *this* summer (see: summer: last: Panda: Butterstick: anerabible).

We in Britain love otters. Some idiots think that otters are purely cosmetic, and don’t bring tangible benifits to the local ecosystem. These people are fools. Fellow Brits: how much of an acre would *you* visit regularly, with your environmental vigilance and your sweet sweet tourist honey-money, if you knew *these* swimmy little flopsicles of cuteness lived there? Don’t tell me, tell your council’s urban planning committee.

I have come down off my soapbox now.

It was nice up there. You could see their CUTE CUTE BELLLLLLLLEHS!!!!!!!, for one thing.

40. Kallisto says:

Just one thing: Floppy hind-feets-flippers!