The service at this resort is abominable!

[turtle waiter crawls up to patron, on beach in the south of France]

Waiter: Monsieur, may I get you a cocktail?

Hold yer horses

Monsieur Beachgoer: FINALLY, a garçon! [Snaps fingers and adjusts Ray-Bans] Yes, I’d like a Mai Tai.

With extra tai.

Rule 14 anyone?

Right away, Monsieur. [shuffles off to zee bar]

To zee bar!

Carin C., That is a sweet speed hump on that shell. Someone call Detroit auto manufacturererers!

Comments

1. Turtastic.

2. joodster says:

channeling my inner donna summer: “turt’ works hard for the money…”
    turtle tocks!

3. Lioness says:

OMG! I love sea turtles! Soooo cute!

4. Awwww! Such a cute waiter. Especially his ‘tocks.

5. OMG – Turtle Tocks???!!! Who knew they could be so cute and sweet?

6. Angela-Eloise says:

The teeny tail kills me!

7. totally adorable rear-view.
    anyone know where these pics were taken?
    very sweet!

8. Eeeny-weeny tiny tailio!

I think this *may* be the cutest thing evah.

[falls down DED]

9. Pic 3 is Totally Rep-tock-u-lar, dude!!

As his Teenage Mutant Ninja relatives might have said.

But fortunately, didn’t.

10. Lunch Lady says:

wrinkled teeny turtletocks!

11. metsakins says:

Rule 14 YAY

12. I just noticed the minuscule patterns on his/her shell. Now I’m even dedder than before.

13. It’s a trifecta! Teeny tailio, eye capsules, and an everyday object making him look tiny! Also, I think he might fit the rule “If you have 4 legs and can tuck yourself in, it’s cute.” He can certainly tuck himself into his shell!!

14. Heather S. says:

15. chelsea says:

In the second photo he is looking at that foot as if to say, “Whatchoo gonna do ’bout it?!” hehehe

16. RumTumTigger says:

uhm. at the risk of sounding like nemo’s dad, does anyone know how long river turtles live? didn’t the surfer turtle dude in finding nemo say sea turtles live to be 180 years old? how big do they get, i wonder? we’ve got lots of river turtles, if that’s what they’s called, in the river here in kentucky, and i was just wonderin.

17. Anyone else just wanna pick him up and place him gently at the water’s edge?

18. Suzy's Mom says:

Isn’t the turtle supposed to be going toward the water?

19. do you have any idea how COLD that water is??!!

20. dreamspinnercheryl says:

Umm, RumTumTigger…

D’ya mean snapping turtles? I understand they, too get quite old, and can get as big as truck tires! I grew up on the Ohio here in Cloverport, Kentucky, and have seen these snappers big enough to cause nightmares…..

21. I hope you did not get tooo close in the state of Florida you could have been thrown in jail for 90 days for getting that close to a turtle

22. one of the erins says:

Ha, Heather S., that is tewtally my favorite movie! It fits perfectly… ^_^

23. I think Mr. Turtle-waitron is lamenting that nobody just orders a shot of tequila, which would be much easier for him to transport.

24. Actually, this little turtle appears to be a Diamondback Terrapin. They are one of the few species of turtle that lives in brackish (part salt, part fresh) water. I suspect this pic was taken somewhere near Chesapeake Bay?

(And having seen a couple of hatchling DB Terps up close, I can assure you: Yes, they *are* that adorable!)

As far as ages: Most turtles live a very *long* time. Box turtles have been documented living to at least 50; some tortoises have been documented to well over 100.
    (I’ll stop here, although I could go on and on and on about turtles and torts…. when *did* I fall over that line between hobby and obsession, anyway?)

25. Mindy Thornton says:

o-m-g wow. I thought this was a normal-ish sized turtle from the first pic, then the second picture put it all in perspective! Squee!

26. Shannon Johnson says:

Tiny Turtle! *in singsong voice* I love it!

27. so sweet face!
    & the turtle tocks! OMG!

28. Sweet Lady says:

I loooove the second picture! He seems to be looking at the human foot like, “Eef only I were bigger, I could make a snack of those toesies!”

29. I think this is a first…….ACTUAL Turtle “tocks” !!!!!

30. Tortuga!

31. Cassandra says:

I am in loff! In photo 1 he has his “whee!” face on, and in photo 3, his little feetsies aren’t even touching the sand! The little shadow under his left foot is visible…I can practically hear him going “ehn ehn ehn!” across the beach. Oh how I loff him so.

32. R. Moore says:

Wook at the wittle turtle-wurtle! I love baby turtles :)

This reminds me, however, that I could have gone on a trip to Costa Rica this month and helped biologist and the ilk down there cover nests, etc. on the beaches. I turned it down for a long-planned family trip to Europe to visit family. A trip that got canceled. Sigh.

33. Carriellen says:

I don’t think this guy is actually a sea turtle! Look at his legs…they are definitely NOT flippers. It’s a good thing he is moving AWAY from the water!

34. zeldapie says:

“Excuse me sir, I ordered a Pino Colada and got a Mai Tai. And I specifically said no salt, NO salt. I couls shut this place down. I call… continues mumbling. I burn this place down.” (Heather)

LOL, Heather! (I have a red Swingline stapler at my desk. Honest.)

Meg, you’re killin’ me with the quotes!

35. what cute lil wrinkly turtle bunz!

36. soulcal006 says:

bebeh tortle is like…look at me…weeee.. *scurries away*

37. Meg, you’ve outdone yourself with this one! Adorable teeny tiny toitle!

38. I was fine up until the second picture when I saw the size of the teeny tiny turtle…then I went Eeeeeee! Its so cute!

39. The first and last images should be desktops!

40. Maryland grad says:

Cutest little turtleey evah.

41. indigoreiki says:

I wub turtles with cute wittle turtle ‘tocks!

42. If you like these little ones…see these: they are HUGE! http://swfsc.noaa.gov/textblock.aspx?id=8892&parentmenuid=448

Also see: Wrinklebutt! http://www.portofsandiego.org/sandiego_environment/turtle-tracks/

43. darkshines says:

OMG,Wrinklebutt is the best name ever!

44. soooo, I took these pics this past Sunday at Robert Moses State Park on Long Island. Just for FYI and all. I was walking down the beach and I look down AND there’s a TURTLE. Glad you like.

45. Longtail says:

Awwww! He’s so leetle he isn’t even stirring the sand with his “Ehn! Ehn! Ehn!” across the beach!

46. AIEEEEEEEEE!!! Teeny tiny toitle ‘tocks!!!!

47. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

I don’t know about a Mai Tai, but perhaps he could manage an olive.

48. that turtle must make it to the ocean and set itself free

49. That speed bump is indeed small but important!

Duly noted, but not sent to Scrap!

50. oh i love leetle turtells!! i want to kees heem!!

51. I hate to be a bummer…but he’s heading away from the water, and that is a very, very bad thing. :(

52. Carin, thanks for sharing! Good to know there’s wild turtlage wandering the beaches of Long Island.

53. Not only is it a cute turtle, it’s a really good set of pix. The clarity on pic 3! Every grain of sand, people!

54. Jen….perhaps he is on a wee island and is not going toward land..but toward the other side of the island? :(

55. Guys, it’s clearly not a sea turtle (no flippers). It’s not a “bad thing” that he’s not heading immediately to water.

56. Spikedcolor says:

Thanks Tortoise Geek- I thought it might be a Terrapin :)