It’s a dog-walk-dog-walk-dog world, People

Have you ever heard of "the blind leading the blind" (or in my case, "the blond leading the blond"?)

What is this, People—our dogs have to WALK themselfs now?

Actually, it’s not a bad idea.

Dogwalkdog

J.R.B., you’re a fine Flickr-er and sender-inner. ;)

Comments

1. I wanna see the Beagle pick up the first Scottie’s leash, for a ring-around-the-rosie.

[yeah OK... Schnauzer, Scottie, Schnottie... whatever - Ed.]

2. That is by far one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen!

3. My mom calls this a “push-me-pull-ya” after some Dr. Seuss invention. We tried it on our dogs, and it works so well!

[not Seuss... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Dolittle#Pushmi-pullyu - Ed.]

4. Laurie C says:

I like it when I see a dog with the end of his own leash in his mouth. I always think, “he’s taking himself for a walk.”

5. Littlemiette says:

That’s one way around the leash laws!

6. fansmom says:

Lindy, the pushme-pullyou (having read the books some 40 years ago, I don’t remember the spelling) wasn’t a Dr. Seuss invention. It’s from the Dr. Doolittle series by Hugh Lofting, and resembled a llama with a head at each end, facing in opposite directions.

7. Ehn! I could’ve used one of those leashes this mornin! Had a doggeh runnin loose in my backyard – friendly guy, I think he was a boxer mix. Very powerful chest and square head, but shorter legs, pretty brindle coat. So anywho… he had a collar on, but no tags, and living on a busy street as I do, I didn’t want to leave him loose. So’s I took him to our animal shelter, by hooking a *cat* leash to his collar. Teehee! It worked good – as strong as he was, and as small as I am, he pulled me along with it…

8. keep it movin beagle, stop beggin for snaks. We’re on a schedule here don’t cha know.

9. This looks to me like 5th Ave on the sidewalk outside Central Park. A lovely place for a dog to take himself for a walk.

10. luvinmalssomuch says:

The beagle wants to stop and talk to everyone. I think it’s going to take awhile to get home.

11. BlueFairy says:

ceejoe: Thanks for taking care of the loose dog. It scares me to death when I see a dog running loose. They have no idea how much danger they are in. I keep an extra leash in my glove box just in case.

12. R. Moore says:

Super extra brownie points for ceejoe!

13. Schnauzer on the left: Tell me again why you decided to take this job, Georg?

Schnauzer on the right: Do you KNOW how much those Manolo’s cost that you HAD to have, Berta? 2 PAIR!!!

Beagle: Which way did he go, Georg? Which way did he go?? *hanging behind*

14. But who picks up the crap?

15. MC2 and Jen are *on* today.

16. Was this at Washington Square Park in ny? I saw the exact same thing about a month ago. It was so adorable. =)

17. SCHNAUZERS!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY SCHNAUZERS!!!! Wif der fwuffy widdle beawds and bif puffity eyebarows!!

And certainly the geniuses of the puppy world. These two walking themselves AND their buddy, and mine knows all her toys by name. “Phoebe, where’s your pink ball?” *Phoebe does a thoughtful head tilt, scampers away, and hurries back proudly with pink ball.*

Not that I’m biased or anything. *shifty eyes*

18. Mini Schnauzers!!!!!! Not enough of them on this site.. I have one myself.. and he is always walking himself! he picks up his own leash when it’s attached to him.. and walks around like that. It’s so funny!

19. Thank God there are other mini schnauzer lovers out there. Our beloved Miss Gretel passed away 1 year ago on January 15, 2006. Still miss her so much. She is in our hearts and will never be forgotten. She was our whole world. She also would walk herself anytime we would put on her “string”. If you asked where her “string” was she went to the cabinet that was “hers” and bark. Smart little dogs and soooooooooooo loving. Thank you schnuazer people.

20. Yay for Mini Schnauzers! Mine is 4 months old, and not quite ready to walk himself, but maybe someday!

cute cute cute!

21. Mini schnauzers are AMAZING! Soo darn smart and sensitive. Mine is just over a year old, crazy as all get out and I’m so madly in love with him it’s crazy!

22. it’s like the bermuda triangle!

23. Shannon Johnson says:

That is the funniest thing I have ever seen.

24. Cassandra says:

My little cousin used to clip the end of the dog leash onto the belt loop of his shorts and let our golden retriever Howie “walk him.” Some dogs just love to be put in charge :)

25. Alexandra says:

I work at an animal hospital and we have a lot of patients who like to take their own leashes in mouth. Goldens are especially prone to this behavior.

26. soulcal006 says:

that’s a good trick to teach dogs to walk themselves. it’s even better if they learn to pick up after themselves. lol.

27. I lurff M-schnauzers. Had me a little princess named Emma. She got auto-immune hemolytic anemia and died within 4 days:-( The good news: this AM I stopped at the vet’s for some doggy food and 2 people had brought in strays. Things are looking up!

Bev

28. darkshines says:

I caught a loose Staffordshire bull terrier once. It was a young dog, female, black with a white bib and socks. She was running loose on a six lane motorway near my house, pretty much the busiest road in the town. After about three hours of chasing, and her thinking its a game, we saw her eat candy off the ground. Some kind old dude lent me his Alsation’s spare leash, I put a trail of candies on the ground and waited till she was engrossed before pouncing! I took her to a vet in case anything was wrong, but they gave her a clean bill, so I took her to the police station, who deals with stray dogs in the UK. They said if no-one had claimed her in a month she was legally mine or property of the state. Seeing as how my mum said NO NO NO, she probably went to a shelter and got snapped up.

Absolutely gorgeous dog. I was calling her Blackie. Oh the imagination, lol.

29. Tina Rhea says:

I have twice used my belt as an emergency leash on loose dogs… using my other hand to hold my trousers up.

Once I had to walk four small dogs at one time. I was tempted to tie all the leashes together and just let ‘em out the door– they’d all go in different directions and would never have made it out of the yard.

30. It’s a doggie dog walking service.

31. Christine Hughes says:

It’s the blind leading the blond
    It’s the stuff, the stuff of country songs

If God will send his angels…
    (Hmm, not really a happy enough song for C.O.)

32. Haha Theo, I was thinking the same thing!

And then for the chorus they should stop and chase their own tails!

33. the concept of a dog walking another dog is something we can learn from

34. franceca says:

mini schnauzers rock!!

35. you guys r silly says:

sure — dogs can walk other dogs — cats can groom other cats — I’m telling you, the opposable thumb thingy is one of the ONLY reasons they keep us around, people!

36. I totally know these dogs! I’ve seen them in Washington Square Park before – please tell me that the sender-inner took this picture in NYC. I always point them out to my boyfriend – “Honey! LOOK! That dog is walking the other dog!”

37. Alexandra, yes, the 2 times I’ve personally seen this behavior, it was Goldens. One was blase bout the whole thing, the other 1 walked like he was 6′ tall. “I’m a *big* boy & I can walk mahse’f thx!’

38. Wow! I am thrilled my photo got picked to be on cuteoverload! I am such a fan of this site.

Many of you who guessed New York city are correct -I’m amazed that you could see that just from the picture I took -well done!

The comment above mine is also correct, this was taken in Washington Square Park.

The photo was taken on May 8th. So for the person who was wondering if this was taken about a month ago – you’re right, almost to the day!

Have a wonderful day Cuteologists. I’m glad I got to share this with you. When I saw this, I was so glad I immediatly thought “Cuteoverload!” I’m just glad I had my camera in my lap.

39. J.R in case you come back, excellent photography on you blog.