Slacker behbeh

Kids these days—MOOOCHIN’ every chance they git.

Watch, he’s totally gonna steal an extra Lunchable later.

Nice eye capsules though.

Glurpitty

Terry C., points out that SFGate is kicking our ‘tocks with the "Day in Pictures" feature.

Oh, it’s ON.

Comments

1. lurkingsmirk says:

red-eared sliders? they lurve to stack.

2. The head looks tattooed sort of. Very “Once Were Warriors” It’s purdy.

3. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

The Great A’Tuin’s little brother.

4. Hey, that’s a cute small thing with an even smaller cuter thing on top of it! Isn’t that, like, a RULE or something?

5. Yes! I found it! Rule of Cuteness #7: “A thing, accompanied by a smaller version of that thing, is always cute.”

I’m so glad I didn’t make that up.

6. Look yurtle the turtle king of the swamp

7. LOL! Spoiled lil’ brat is still piggyback riding on mama.

8. There should be an addendum to that rule –

“A thing, accompanied by a smaller version of that thing, is always cute. – Especially when it’s hitching a ride to go pick up more Lunchables”

9. StormCat says:

Are they traveling with Marlin??? I wanna see ‘em surf!!!

(Let’s see how many folks actually get that reference)

10. I got it, StormCat.

“Dude, Mr. Turtle was my /father/. My name’s Crash.” :)

Keep on swimming, keep on swimming…

11. chelonianmobile says:

“You can’t fool me, young man – it’s turtles all the way down!”

Whoever gets that reference for me because I’m too lazy to look it up gets virtual cookies.

12. ChelMob — *I* get it, and I’m not even one of the hardcore Pratchett fans.

Oatmeal raisin, please. With a little shredded coconut.

13. metsakins says:

Rule 7 rocks

14. Lady Di says:

chelonianmobile:

After a lecture on the solar system William James was approached by an elderly lady.

“We don’t live on a ball rotating around the sun. We live on a crust of earth on the back of a giant turtle.”

James asked “If your theory is correct , what does this turtle stand on?”

She replied “The first turtle stands on the back of a larger turtle.”

“But what does this second turtle stand on?”

She crowed triumphantly “It’s no use, Mr. James — it’s turtles all the way down!”

It’s a long post, but turtles are worth the time. Especially red-ears. I had one for 26 years. He was the best.

15. SF Gate’s Day in Pictures def has some great pics and often hilarious captions. SF representin’!

16. They’re such a lovely shade of blue. :) Animals can be so beautiful sometimes. :*) *sappy*

17. These are beautiful turtles. I don’t remember the standard red-ear having all those other colors. Isn’t there something called a painted turtle? Or if not, shouldn’t there be?

18. Isn’t it a snapping turtle?

19. RULE NUMBER SEVEN ALL OVER THE PLACE. OMG.

20. and no, it’s not a snapper, it’s a slider. a red-eared slider, i think is what they’re called. i have one! named nikki!

21. so not a snapper says:

Sorry Brinnan, but this is a baby snapper: http://www.pbase.com/tmurray74/image/40498931

22. Sorry, I thought snappers had red on them too.

23. How do U post stuff??????

24. How do U post stuff??????

25. How do U submit pics???

26. How do U submit pics???

27. Valerie says:

turtle ‘tocks
    heh

28. Turtlie is totally 35 and living in Mom’s basement.

29. Sammi: You email submissions to cuteoverload@gmail.com. Not all submissions are used but if you keep trying you may be lucky.

30. violetgreen says:

Since it’s coming up soon, this struck me as a great picture for a Father’s Day card!

31. Sarah — nope, that address is obsolete. So if that’s where you’ve been sending stuff…
    Look in the right-hand margin for “Got Cute?” instead.