Moosday: um—Fox Terrier or bebe cow?

OK, this is way too confusing, it’s MOOSDAY for CRYING OUT LOUD and so far we haven’t had a single real cow on the site. This is really embarrassing.

Lookslikeacow

Merrrhe.

Linda P., could you flip him over and see if he makes a ‘moo’ sound? Then we’d know fer sure.

Comments

1. Should make an interesting howl.

2. Ah, the ever-elusive “Moo-puppy”! That is just adorable….she looks like the cow on the Ben & Jerry’s pints, lol!

How old is that wee puppeh, anyway? And what kind is it?

3. buggiedoo says:

Yeah, where are all the cows?!
    I love cows (big and small) Need more pictures of barnyard critters. Love the hams, woofs and Kitties. Kiss anything with fur (and some without) Sigh. Need more critters in my home.

4. I am never Bleen….

5. Awww! I want to rub my cheek on that silky baby.

6. …paging amyh, paging amyh, paging amyh, paging amyh…

7. You want cows? How ’bout calves? Pulling a red Radio Flyer wagon full of hay?

These babies are big boys now, but as sweet as ever. They will never be killed.

8. metsakins says:

Must leave work and find puppeh to snorgle now!!!

9. luvinmalssomuch says:

Cows don’t come that small….do they?

10. Those ears…they’re knockin’ me over and killin’ me! I’m “udderly” in love!

Rat terrior puppeh? Or miniature Holstein baby?

11. Suzanne says:

WANT
    ONE
    NOW

I’ll even build him his own barn-shaped dog/cow house.

12. I honestly thought that was a babycow. It took literally minutes before I realised that cows generally dont fit in a human hand.

13. AAAHHH! *sploit*
    (Sung to the tune of “Food” from Oliver)Cowz, glorious cowz, so bovinely delightful!

This li’l guy is super cute!

And I’ll see tulasi’s pair of baby boy Jerseys and raise him twin Jersey girls.

Yay, COWZ!11!!

14. Scruffylove says:

It’s the nose that it makes it the most confusing. Maybe I just haven’t seen a real live little pup in awhile. So, so sad.

15. SayYesh says:

Meg, you’re cracking me up with all these moo-faces !

16. Aww, this is both adorable and hilarious.

17. A dogcow. Hurray!

Moof!

[ah yes, another old-school Macintosh fan... - Ed.]

18. ThreeCatNight says:

Ah, the elusive mini calfpup, only seen on rare occasions. And one I would love to kees on its little sweet silky head and nosicle.

19. now I’m a bit confused, the comment with the photo says “haven’t had a single real cow” and yet the previous post was a real cow… wasn’t it? Or are my eyes deceiving me and it was really a .. gorilla? or something?

[there was another "blog post timewarp" and the real calf appeared out-of-sequence... - Ed.]

20. AuntieMame says:

Mary, technically “cow” refers only to the female of the species. So, no, the previous photo, while “bovine,” is actually a bull rather than a cow.

Although your average person-on-the-street would call that hair-splitting.

21. Well my goodness, I’m standing corrected all over the place. I didn’t actually look that closely at the baby bull, and now that I am, I don’t see how you can tell from the photo but I’ll take your word for it.. no graphic explanations needed.

I suppose the bottom line on this topic is, they’re all cute!!! and no other categorization’s really needed. So I’ll hush up now.

22. If we had a black-and-white cow-kitty, would it be Mews-day?

23. I use ‘cows’ generically, as do most people. That’s partly because the majority of bovines you see running around are the females. Sorry, boys, not much use for you (at least in the dairy world I live in).

When I was flying back from Southeast Asia a few months ago, I was going through all the movies offered as I can’t sleep on a plane, no matter how many hours I’ve been awake. I watched not more than five minutes of “Barnyard” before I turned it off in disgust. All the cows were actually male characters. Did not one person involved in the movie realize that:
    Mammal females give milk
    Cows give milk
    Therefore, cows are females.

Un-frickin-believable.

24. Mary – when you look at the bull’s belly, you’ll see a tuft of hair and dangly skin about rear-center. That’s where his pee-pee comes out. The testes are between the legs and out of view in this shot. (And yes, pee-pee is a technical term).

25. Real life Clarus? Moof!

26. CowgirlMeg says:

And to get even MORE technical, females don’t becoem cows until they have had a calf, before that they are heifers.

27. well that is the cutest lil heifer i’ve ever seen!
    I’m wondering out “loud- what kind of pup is that?” and “how old is he/she?” and “where’s the rest of the litter” and “where are the pics of said litter?”
    more please!

28. Hm. Cows? Memorial Day? Though I’m late to the party, I can’t do without a mention of this (flash):

29. acelightning says:

*VERY* good job of Photoshopping there… the only place it really shows is around the cow’s mouth. Nice concept, though.

30. Tor, love it! Promptly sent to my Schmoop who teaches animal law.

31. Shannon Johnson says:

Like my puppy Toby, this is a little cow puppy.

32. SlaveToThreeFelines says:

Oh dear lord, that’s cute

33. I am giggling at my self. Having known many calfies in my day, I looked at the picture and was thinking, ya know, just mebbee…gee, could be… and then I read dwines comment! Duh! Think I need to turn in my farmgirl credentials! (slinks away, blushing)

34. Yitzysmommie says:

OK, I count Rules of Cuteness # 2, 13, 14, 15 and 21 goin’ on at the very least. What’s a five-fecta?

35. Yitzysmommie says:

Also #16 – the “fivehead” and #17. This could be an all time record – no wait, how many did “I shall leek yur hiney” get??

36. Eh?

*turns head this way and that*

Whatever.

*snorgles*

37. That looks just like our Smooth Fox Terrier, Brewster. He’s 12 years old now though. He looked just like this little dewd when he was a new pup though.
    The kids in the neighborhood call Brewster “The Cow Dog;” his markings make him look like a Holstein!

38. rubber duck says:

I can just see that tiny little muzzle open to a tiny little “moo-ooo” sound!

39. i can look at it all day and not get tired.. its the cutest thing i have ever seen!!!