What do you think?

Hi.The name’s Professor McGuinulator. I have a—er—request of sorts. [Snorts into hanky] You see, there is this online survey I’d like to, er, ask you to fill out. [More snorting and shuffling of papers]

It has, er, fascinating questions in it, like; ‘what’s your favorite animal?’ And ‘do you have a current passport?’ Heh. You can even skip questions if you want to—the first page is the most important. I might grade you as a ‘C’ if you do that, though.

Tell us what you think

Nerd central

Vanessa C.; bee-boo-boo-bee-bee-boo-boo! [scientific console sounds]

Comments

1. GAH!

2. Is that even real? It seems too good to be true.

3. Ok, I actually snorted my chocolate milk when I saw this. Too ridiculous.

4. …did he steal those spectacles from a now blurry-eyed American Girl doll?

Too cute!!

5. Desiboo says:

OMG my two loves: Harry Potter and Guinea Pigs!

That would be sweet. Warner brothers…get this started…

6. R. Moore says:

Having just spent the last 45 minutes despairing over an essay due tomorrow, and feeling quite certain that not getting an A in this class means certain doom for my future as a well respected Cambridge Alum, this post is just what I needed.

Reminds me of both my instructor and my older sister’s cat from when she was two. There’s an adorable picture of her with a marmie wearing Mr Potato Head glasses.

7. R. Moore,
    You can get an ‘A’!
    You WILL GET AN ‘A’!!!

YOU CAN DO EET!

8. Looks suspiciously like my Dad who is a college engineering professor!

9. Dear Desiboo, et. all guinea pig / adventure enthusiasts:

We are on the case. It’s being optioned, and soon you shall revel in the glory of cartoon guinea-pigs on time travelling adventures.

I think the Professor should be cast as a voice actor.

(Oh, and I should add that I’m actually serious… “The Adventures of Rosenpig – Time Travelling Guinea Pigs” is totally in the oven.) Check my link for super out of date, but soon to be updated info on it.

10. Wait – isn’t this Professor Piggins; from the play ‘Pigmalion’?

11. Aubrey, I can always count on you to write something interesting.

12. R. Moore says:

Thanks Meg :)

I just printed it out. Now I just have to sleep and wake up at some ungodly hour to turn it in. After that is a super fun (note sarcasm) exam, and then I am done until mid June!

I love this site so much.

13. SQUEEEEEEEE!!! I love Professor Piggy!!! How tiny are those glasses?

*snorgles piggy*

14. hrh.squeak says:

I would have paid a lot more attention in school if my instructors had been this cute! And I’ll bet he’s more coherent than some of them were, too.

15. I have mini-specs like those!! And I have 11 guinea pigs…..
    why haven’t I ever thought of this!?
    Actually I think I DO have a picture similar to this.

16. acelightning says:

Where *do* you get guinea-pig-size glasses, anyway? They could be American Girl, or they could be from something else entirely. Inquiring Cuteologists want to know!

17. Okay, I filled it out, but ONLY because of the adorable guinea pig in glasses. LOL

18. scientific control sounds???? hahahaahaaaa oh pleeeeeease this piggy is tooooo cute to be true!

19. A+ for cute!

20. Peg of Tilling says:

I had Dr. McGuinulator for history–the rumor was he’d been left bitter and disillusioned after the other professors sided with Mr. Peabody after a knockdown-dragout in a faculty meeting. I once saw him going down the hall muttering “Time machine! Time machine! I have a PhD! *@#$% Sherman.”

21. Freakishly enough I was wondering about the demographics of CuteOverload last night, mainly how many blokes read it. I shall now know :)

Oh, and love the picture! So cute! ^_^

22. Carolyn says:

Um, that survey doesn’t make sense for non-americans, as the news programming, political questions, etc, are all very US-specific.

I tried, but too many questions were not applicable.

23. browngrl says:

What’s not to love on cute overload? Only one thing – that survery – there are financial questions that are REQUIRED. Why do you need my financial information? How rich/poor/educated do you need to be to love to look at cute animals?

24. Oh dear, does this mean I should be having my Molly’s vision checked? I feel terrible, not realizing small critters could suffer from vision problems; no wonder she’s having trouble seeing the board in school! I wonder if I can find petoptician in the yellow pages.

25. BTW, I do think those are American Girl Molly’s specs.

26. chet's momma says:

i love the scientific console sounds!

27. chet's momma says:

i love the scientific console sounds!

28. chet's momma says:

i love the scientific console sounds!

29. chet's momma says:

i love the scientific console sounds!

30. chet's momma says:

i love the scientific console sounds!

31. chet's momma says:

i love the scientific console sounds!

32. Just FYI — I cannot get past the first page of the survey. It claims I did not fill out the first two questions (birthyear & gender). Maybe browser issue? Using Firefox 1.5.0.3 on a Mac.

33. omg. too much, too much. this much ridiculous cuteness should come with a warning label!!!

34. It’s a Furby!

35. He’s all like:Four score and seven minutes ago our Hampsters brought forth on this continent a new carrot, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all Rodents are created equal.

36. Nice Christine says:

This is SO CUTE. I could just die. He looks so serious. I love piggies!

37. luvinmalssomuch says:

This is just So Cute and very funny.
    Thanks CO for my first chuckle of the day.

38. Lerrinus says:

Aw, this is the only way I can enjoy guinea pigs – I’m allergic to them! The one I had for a day was covered in cowlicks from nose to rump and it was the same shade as this little guy!

Kyoot! :-)

39. Theresa says:

Anyone old enough to remember Bunny Rabbit, the bespectacled carrot thief from Captain Kangaroo? This is his guinea pig colleague. ;)

40. Theresa says:

41. someone clean his spectacles!

42. Harry Potter: “Very funny Ron now change me back!”

43. Muffles says:

Oh no! He’s about to address the Very Very Advanced Institute! The serious expression! The scholarly demeanor! The dignity! The teeny, tiny spectacles!!!!!

44. Suzy's Mom says:

Theresa, I watched Captain Kangaroo religiously as a kid. My fvorite character was Bunny Rabbit. I loved the fact that he wore glasses even though carrots are supposed to be good for your eyes.

45. Suzy's Mom says:

46. Suzy's Mom says:

47. Suzy's Mom says:

48. Suzy's Mom says:

49. Suzy's Mom says:

50. A Nonny Mouse says:

Longest survey evar!

51. The piggeh is adorable!

They survey would be taken by me if it didn’t require you to say how much you’ve spent online lately. Not only do I not want to share, I flat out can’t remember!

52. Tiffany says:

dude, CO totally read my mind. I was just telling my friend yesterday that if we slapped some spectacles on Uni the Hedge he’d look just like him. And what’s this? Guinea pig with spectacles!?! CO makes my wildest dreams come true.

53. Meerschweinchen :)

54. Yikes.. I never thought I would fall in love with a guinea pig wearing glasses.

55. Wowza, how tiny are those glasses? I would do any survey for that little piggy pinks. He is really sweet.
    Super-cute, even thought hes got specs on..?
    How DO you do it?!

Good job, sender-inner. x

56. Spec-tacular!

(Seriously: this is me! I teach in college and I am tiny and I look like I am 12, so on the first day, I always try to overdo it with specs–glass, I have perfect vision– and heels and hints of fake British accents, and this is exactly what I end up looking like).

57. ThreeCatNight says:

If you can remember “Felix the Cat”, this should be said in the “Professor” Voice -
    “Yes, most interesting, indeed. It seems to be something of the -hur-rumph- human species. Come over here, Poindexter, and take a look at this. And bring Rock Bottom!”

58. heehee. I lofs heem.

59. I won’t be filling out any surveys… but Gimmepig Emeritus has my unqualified vote for tenure.

60. Yikes, is anyone else disturbed by this pic? It’s probably the angle/perspective of the shot but at a quick glance this looks like a detached head.

Plus, I’ve probably been to too many Peruvian restaurants but let’s not have any guinea pig/oven references. They creep me out.

61. sailorboiboots says:

I really wish that gender wasn’t on surveys. If you’d like to know more about me, please ask me. I’m open!

62. Well, I can’t fill out the survey, even if I wanted to, since it is being blocked by the web filter here.

But a peeeegeeee! He’s kee-ute!
    I just love thier little nose and lips area.
    No way would my wiggly little boys hold still for wearing specs!

63. That guinea is TOO cute! Kinda reminds me of Harry Potter.

64. sailorboiboots: It’s just to factor the demographics. They wanna know who the target crowd is, same reason they ask your age.

65. merecat says:

That’s just weird – I do a cartoon with a Professor Guinea Pig with glasses just like that. HE’S REAL! It’s “Stranger Than Fiction” with animules!

66. MereCat — URL?

67. I got almost to the end of the survey but then it said ‘service unavailable’! Too bad, I really do like taking surveys and having my opinions known ;)

68. Looks just like one of my grad school professors. Ah, good times!

69. HAHA, love it. :) And sheesh, how are you people so familiar with the glasses American Girl dolls wear? o_O

70. Canadian says:

That was a weird survey. It didn’t even seem to consider the possibility that readers might not be American. How narrow-minded.

71. wow. those spectacles look like they were made just for professor piggleston. i love piggie squeeeees!

72. Natalie says:

Wow, the shoe, erm glasses sure do fit!

73. Yitzysmommie says:

Prof mcGuinulator bears an alarming resemblence to my grandfather’s medical school gradutaion picture. HHHHMMM, what does THAT say about MY ancestry?
    My fave survey ? = Do you believe in UFO’s?

74. SHannon says:

Whew! That’s alot of questions. I do have a small beef tho. Pagan/Wiccan isn’t listed as a relegious option…. May want to add that. (Whoever is in charge of that, lol)

75. Too damn cute! My piggies would kill me if I tried to put anything resembling clothing or accessories on them.

Professor Piggles got me to fill out the survey. I thought the how-many-piercings-do-you-have question was funny… especially since I had to check the 7+ hehe

76. Tesstricks< I am going to venture a guess on the american girls doll thing that a lot of the posters on here are my daughters ages Early to mid twentys so they had an american girl doll. or they are my age 40's or 50's and bought their daughter(s) an American girl doll or read Them the books.

77. Are you sure those aren’t human-sized specs? I was sure they were, then got stuck trying to figure out what nature of creature our prof really was.

Then…finally…his name tipped me off. Guess I need to go back to school myself for a tune-up!

ps Dale–just give it a few years; it is a sad day when *no one* assumes you are a student any more. C’mon, not even a postdoc? *sigh*

78. heh heh heh

you said “boo-bee”

huhuhuhuhhh

79. AuntieMame says:

LOL, Rabbit!

I don’t have children of my own, but I know several little girls (my niece included) who are American Girl fans, so I have read a couple of the books. They’re not bad, actually, and pretty educational, to boot.

80. Theresa says:

Suzy’s Mom-
    Just goes to show you that the Captain was really stingy with those carrots. Poor near-sighted Bun.

Knock knock joke anyone? ;)

81. Shannon Johnson says:

Very funny

82. Oh, wow – My husband has glasses almost exactly like that! ^_^
    Except his are actual antiques and have the bendy earpieces.

83. lauowolf says:

Guinea Pig glasses?
    Never thought of that before.
    That explains why you never catch them reading.

84. Dog lover says:

Oh, Professor! How cute! The glasses fit perfectly!

85. Wheee! I love the piggies! Reminds me of one of my childhood pigs, Tootsie (though she had a rosette on her head and no glasses).

86. he looks like richard gere!

87. he looks just like “Hooper” on PBS kids: check it out:

88. It’s a Magoo-nea pig…

89. Vanessa says:

This is my guinea pig, and I’m quite proud he is a genius
    :]

Those glasses aren’t from uh, American girly doll things
    It was just from a teddy bear we got
    and they fitted him perfectly