Shredded Nesters

Look who’s hangin’ out in the shredder bin.

[Yaaaaawn and straaayche]

Shredded_nest

I’m going back to sleepies, too, Julia M.

Comments

1. bleen salad ? owww ! Don’t shred the kitties ! Recycle is good, but not for kitties !

They seem to have a blast in there ! Take this paper !

2. Wait, are they actually IN a bin? Is this a photo from above? I ask because I don’t see any bin edges….

Or are they just curled up on a pile of shredded paper?

Either way, very sweet!

3. lurkingsmirk says:

heehee paws on booty

4. Peg of Tilling says:

Oh, they’re at the bottom of the bin–you can see their reflections on the sides. Also proving these kitties are not vampires. Despite the fangs on the orange one.

5. Ponygirl says:

Oh my Gawd!

6. Shannon Johnson says:

That is so sweet. Just don’t shred the kitehs.

7. Aw man, I love white pawsies. Can’t stop kissing ‘em.

8. Ex-Network Geek says:

Sigh. I keep thinking I will send in a picture of my kitties, who are pretty cute when they sleep together, and then something like this shows up. How can we compete with cuteness on this level? This is beyond cute. This is like, like, the essence of cuteness. Wow that’s cute.

9. SeaBreeze says:

OMG!!! Cute!!!! What is it with cats and small spaces???! AND cats and paper??!!!

This was inevitable!! =)

10. Watch out for paper cuts, sweet kitties!

11. Yikes … watch for the shredder part. Lots of sad stories out there about doggies and kitties hurt (sometimes fatally) by sticking their noses into a shredder that was on auto … yikes! I keep mine unplugged all the time now after hearing about that.

12. I never find kittens in my shredder bin. I must be doing it wrong. I don’t even get hamsters.

13. Lurker, yeah I was gonna mention that. Is there a hammie in there under the shredded paper, ready to pop out and “scare” the kitties?! “BOO!”

I better make sure that my bebehs don’t see this post…. If they knew there was a bin full of fun shredded paper right here behind Mama’s desk….. well, I don’t want to think about it. But mine isn’t hamster powered, dern it!

14. Brak_Silverbone says:

SeaBreeze is right–cats seem to have a real thing about sleeping on paper. I was just sorting thru a week’s worth of mail, and had a pile of “recycle” and a pile of “bills to pay”–until I looked down and discovered that Oberon had made himself all comfy on the “bills to pay” pile.

15. Kitty bums love getting into ridic places. My cat got into a closed fabric drawer without opening it. Snakelike!

16. Kitty bums love getting into ridic places. My cat got into a closed fabric drawer without opening it. Snakelike!

17. R. Moore says:

I have lurking about the house some place a kitten covered in a Christmas paperchain. She was playing with it for a solid hour.

Kittehs love the paper!

18. Peg of Tilling,

THANKS! I was looking at the photo all wrong — I thought the grayness, which is evidently the sides of the bin into which the shredded paper is going, was carpet! I saw it as flat and spread out 2D from the kitties in the center, not coming UP towards the camera. Once I read what you said about the reflection, my vision instantly shifted (like looking at one of those 3D books), and I said OOOHHHHHHHHHHHH! :) So thanks! Also, I’ve been wondering — what’s the deal with your screen name? Sounds vaguely English and Monty Python-ish, but is there a story?Is there actually a place called Tilling, and is that where you’re from? Pardon my nosiness, lol!

Brak_Silverbone,

Sounds to me like a perfectly reasonable excuse not to pay your bills! “I’m sorry, visa company, but my cat was laying all comfy on the bill and I could not make her/him get up, so the bill goes unpaid, alas!” I know there have been many times when I’ve nearly called in late to work due to the absolute cuteness of my kitteh, who required more tummy snorgling, lol!

19. More yin yang kittiness!

20. Lee Gibson says:

THREEPIO! SHUT DOWN ALL THE GARBAGE MASHERS ON THE DETENTION LEVEL!

21. Yin & Yang…

22. Ex-Network Geek says:

Actually I’ve got one who IS a paper shredder all by herself. She will hold down a paper with her paws and use her teeth to rip chunks off it. Unfortunately she gets bored with it too quickly for it to be practical, but no paper is safe with Judy cat in the house.

23. Peg of Tilling says:

Hi, Rumi–Tilling is a fictional British city not unlike the town of Rye, where all but the first two Mapp & Lucia books take place. Miss Mapp collects “Pig of Tilling” piggybanks, but “Pig” just brings up the gnarlier side of British literature, what with Lord of the Flies and all…

24. Dang Lee Gibson, you took my post! I was hearing Marmie kitteh makin the chewbacca noise! He’s thinking, there’s something alive in here!

25. When I had my two kittens neutered, the vet said I should use shredded paper in their litter box until their incisions healed. I worked for the State Dept at the time, and we were always very finely shredding confidential documents. So I asked permission of my boss, and took a bagful home with me. My cats were wizzing on state secrets for a week.

26. LOLROFLMAO, Straw!!!!!!!!!

27. I was just shredding paper yesterday when my husband says, “Hmmm, that would make nice bedding material for the cats!”

My comment — “No, because they will get the paper all over the house and guess who will have to clean it up!”

We, too, always turn off the shredder when finished — you can’t be too careful with a shredder.

28. ThreeCatNight says:

“Shredded paper – so comfy!
    Come – let us revel in our abandon! Wheee!”

29. pinksugarmusic says:

Julia M. (submitter)- where are these kittens from? i just adopted a kit that looks exactly like the black & white one!

30. Straw — pretty good document security measures, if you ask me. (For gov’t work.)

31. metsakins says: