Mama Don’t Let Yer Babies Grow Up to Be Chocolate

Don’t let ‘em pick guitars
and drive them old trucks
Make ‘em be doctors and lawyers and such

B4_and_aftah

Mama don’t let your babies grow up to be Chocolate
They’ll never stay home
and they’re always alone
even with someone they love

OK OK OK, that’s not true at all, Mike M.

Comments

1. SO cute! I love Out-of-order-posts.

Theo, for you, I not say first – oops, I said it

2. lurkingsmirk says:

Bleen? How did this get posted below sweater pup? Or did I just miss it the 1st time around.

3. R. Moore says:

This is perfect, because in about half an hour it will be my birthday!

I was a darned cute pup. Er, baby.

4. The honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Lahf is like a box of chorclits, especially if there like this un.

5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

6. oops – my birthday wishes were a little premature. Is it after midnight there yet?? (5pm here)

I love this type of chocolate – no calories and it won’t rot your teeth!

7. Actually, here, it’s 5pm on the 17th, so it is your birthday if you were here – my head hurts now. I shall go home and stop contemplating time zones.

8. R. Moore, too bad you didn’t let us know on a bunny post so we could wish you a hippity hoppity happy birthday. Since you put it on the dog pictures we will just have to say you have a doggone good birthday,you darned cute pup.

9. Ex-Network Geek says:

Fred, where the heck are you, New Zealand? Time zones I get but International Date Line makes head all hurty. Every time I think I get it, it slips away, out of my mental grasp, like a wet kitty escaping from the bath.

Anyway, Labs are pretty much the opposite of that song. If there’s another dog, human, cat, or any other minimally sentient creature about, a Lab is not alone, because Labs are everyone’s friend. We had a black Lab. We should have had a sign: “Beware of Dog. Not responsible for injury due to excessive licking.”

What a cutie. I miss having a dog.

10. (puts aside Whizzo Quality Assortment)

I’d like to try these chocs, please.

11. Awwwww. I wanna smoosh the widdle McChocopuppersons!

12. metsakins says:

do you have any crunchy frog?

13. awwww, da cute puppeh is all growed up to a bee-yoo-tee-full puppeh!

14. i can’t get over how he’s in the same exact pose in both shots! and that he’s literally smiling in the second one! what a good baby. his mommy is very lucky.

15. esse lindo cao esta uma graça né???muito lindo….esta demais…

16. esse lindo cao esta uma graça né???muito lindo….esta demais…

17. A picture of a happy puppy is cute. But a picture of the same happy puppy as a happy adult and still with the same loving family is cuter.

18. ahhhh. too bad they all have to grow up.
    but. what a beautee-ful all-grown-up boy he is.

19. Aw, a Hershey’s Kiss, and a Cadbury’s Mr. Big bar.

20. Cute! I love how he looks like he’s smiling in the grown up photo :)

21. omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! totally cut!!!!!!!!

22. he’s smilink!

23. Theresa says:

Lab-a-licious! The pose is almost identical– look at the position of the front paws! Labs rock, although one once almost broke every bone in my body jumping on me. I got out of a car, and the crazy bugger blindsided me.

24. AuntieMame says:

How confusing. This post wasn’t here before!

I love how his right front paw is just inched in front of the left one in both pics.

25. R. Moore says:

Thank you everyone!

Yup, the 17th is my birthday. And, strangely enough, I believe that my hair was the color of the pup’s when I was a wee mini-Moore. My hair wasn’t so thick, though :P

26. Note, the one paw is slightly extended in both photos, ready for a chocolate shake!

27. Oh my goodness! Just adorable.
    And brings back very fond memories of my family’s first dog, a chocolate lab named Dave who was the silliest, most affectionate, gentle, and sweet dog we could have asked for. Everyone was this dog’s friend, even the tiny pomerarian who lived next door to us. They made quite a pair playing in the backyard together!

28. eikoleigh says:

He’s cute both as a pup and as an adult.

Moquif is so right. Pups are cute, but even better is when they are raised into adulthood by the same family. That’s awesome.

29. Teresa :o) says:

I love it.. :)

30. Cassandra says:

Earworm, I’ve caught the earworm! Tragedy. Oh well, at least this time when I’m singing about cowboys I can picture leetle choco-babies running around in little doggy-sized cowboy hats :D

31. Deb Kerr says:

Instant doggie. Just add water!

32. ThreeCatNight says:

And like chocolate, mighty sweet and good for you, too.
    I knew someone who had a chocolate Lab, and they truly are among the sweetest, shyest, and gentlest of dogs. Love in a cocoa suit!

33. oh my gosh! hes sitting the EXACT same way when hes all grown up! Even his paw positions are the same!!! way way way too cute.

34. Claudia says:

That is too precious… my gosh those eye’s on the puppy!! And the happy doofy look on the grown up version! Love it.

35. cute transformation there I only wish that they could be young forever but maybe the will all be in heaven but we don’t want any of you cute babies to go to soon I have a ten year old choc/chessy mix I kinda remember when he was that small, still your is to cute, mike

36. Ex-Network Geek – Close, I’m in Australia, in Queensland. Currently, it is 8:07am, Friday the 18th. Happy Head Hurty!!!!

37. Shannon Johnson says:

That was one interesting picture

38. Even the sidewalk is bigger!

Happy happy, R. Moore. Maybe you can get two days of birthday out of the international date line–just keep posting!

39. Haha! Great smile!