I got eyes in the backamyhead

I see you…

I SEE YOU STARING AT MY TAIL NUBBINS!

Slushee

How great is this lil’ Bering Sea guy? Only three weeks old, and packing on the pounds.

Reminds me of Blubber, by Judy Blume. Right, sender-inner Carl R.?

Comments

1. Slush Puppy!

2. aww. finally something i can relate to! being from a tiny island in the north atlantic and all… love the model pose.

3. aww. finally something i can relate to! being from a tiny island in the north atlantic and all… love the model pose.

4. Sausage! Nubbins!! *squee*

5. I’ve been packing on the pounds for the last 3 weeks too.. and there is nothing cute about it!

6. Awwww, he’s all like
    “Helooooo! Whatchadoin back there?”

7. Stand clear!

I think he’s going to do an involuntary backwards roll at any minute, mowing down the cameraperson and slooshing roundly into that icy water.

8. zeldapie says:

I lurve tail nubbins. NUBBINS!!!!!

9. I never realized they have little tails above their back flippers. How did this adorable fact escape me for so long?!

10. awww, yah you caught me looking at the nubbins.

i want to squish him and kees hees whiskery muzzlemush!

11. Scruffylove says:

I hate to admit I know this, but dlisted linked the CO this morning, under a most adorable bunny pic.

12. kittymomma333 says:

Awww, this guy reminds me of my cat, Nubbins (short for Nubbinson Crusoe), because he’s got tail nubbins, too!

13. I see you boy you humans look funy upside down, and qiut looking at my tail, geeze ! Come any closer and you ‘ll feel my splash…..

14. i see you baby
    shakin’ that nubbins
    shakin’ that nubbins
    shakin’ that nubbins

i see you baby
    shakin’ that nubbins
    shakin’ that nubbins
    shakin’ that nubbins

15. I LOVE how his color perfectly matches the water color.

16. Teh werld is upside-down!!

I love it when animals look at you like this, as they can’t be bothered to turn around. My cats used to do it all the time.

17. He’s so cute…I’m sad to think I will never get to hug a seal :'(::::::::::

18. Shandrews says:

I was singing “My Nubs” to the “My Humps” song LOL!

19. He reminds me of my friend’s dog who can’t go to the bathroom without someone watching (he thinks treats come only when the business is witnessed…).

I imagine this seal with a excited cocker spaniel voice:

“Hey! Hey you! Are you watching? You hoo! Look here! Ready? I am going to go? Are you watching?”

20. BA-rooooo? Whatchoo looking at? So what if I have no bones in my neck? Wanna come closer?

21. chelsea says:

ahah this caption kills me. good job meg! also i want to give him a big bear hug.

22. Even Flipper can’t cross his flippers that coyly : )

23. That little feller is about to go all Linda Blair with his head.

It’s hotter than hello here in San Diego, so I’m wishing I could scoot up next to him on that ice floe and be cool for a while.

24. So round, so firm, so fully packed.

25. who knew seals were so closely related to lambs? cause that is defenitely a lamb tail if there ever was one!

26. michellemybelle says:

Truly spectockular.

27. DumBunny says:

He’s a cute little fellow, but having smelt my daughter after she was up close and personal with a sealion at Sea World, Seals are best loved from a distance.

28. DumBunny says:

29. Talk about yer frozen assets.

30. Shannon Johnson says:

How cute is that? I love it. The little tail nubbins are so cute

31. The Guy Over There says:

Bering sea? He must be one of the crew workers for “Deadliest Catch”!

32. LOL Pyrit!
    I ran up and squeeeezed his nubbin. This is the look he gave me afterwards.

33. that is the most beautiful fur. i can practically feel the softness. i want a seal! why can’t we have seals!

34. Does Sealio have eyes in the back of his/her head? I think so!

35. D’oh, guess that thought wasn’t original *at all*. [Blush]

I did love those Judy Blume books though. Specially ‘Deenie’ and, er, that dogeared fave, ‘Forever.’

36. Do seals wag their teeny tale-ios like dogs do?

Because THAT would be even cuter, trying to wag this nubbin.

37. R. Moore says:

Both creepy and adorable. I like it!

38. I never knew that seals had tails. Hmmmm….I wonder if it’s a species specific thing (like certain kind of seals have them & others don’t)?
    Anyways, he really is cute….it’s just WAY too much trouble to actually turn around so he can see ya’! EEEEeeeee!!

39. “Nub-looker! Cheeky monkey!”

40. Starbelly says:

That seal is “Mooing”. My sister’s cat Moo won’t turn her head to look at you, she’ll turn her head upside like that. It has since and always will be called Mooing.

41. How dare he wear seal fur in this day and age??!!

42. SqueeEAL!
    SqueeEAL!
    SqueeEAL!

I want to visit the north pole just to see these chubby lil’ bebehs.

43. Genevieve says:

“I’m so sexy. Just try & look away.”

44. Theresa says:

Yes take a good look at this sweet adorable little guy before some a-hole comes and clubs him over the head and kills him for his fur. Sorry to be the sour puss here guys, but it’s a fact and its happening RIGHT NOW. Have a look…

45. darkshines says:

I was fortunate enough to be brought up in the Morray Firth in Scotland, where seals, dolphins and the occasional passing whale frolick. Such beautiful creatures…..

46. lil_cutey says:

um that position is quite awkawrd and it looks like his eyes have been plucked out. That sure isn’t wat i call cute! If I went to the north pole I think I’d be more interested in polar bears!

47. furbabies says:

Such a sweet baby face. SMMMMOOCHIES!

48. Everyone should forward this adorable baby pic to Canada’s Prime Minister with an email reminding them that FUR is murder! Who could harm this little cutie pie???

49. my labradoodle looks at me like that when she is lying on the(her) couch and couldnt be stuffed turning around to look at me face on. precious.
    I also think it’s funny that seal pups are archived under Pups -i always just assumed that category would be for the puppydogs…?
    Maybe we should have a category for sea/water cuties.then I would know where to find the otters…

50. redbone says:

Looks like a fat girl at Glamour Shots.

Reminds me of a bad joke.

Chilly-Willy’s driving down to the WB studios for his next gig when his car breaks down. He has to call in a wrecker, and rides down to the garage.

The mechanic tells him it’ll be awhile before they can get it figured out and repaired, so Chilly says he’s going to step out for a bit.

Chilly happens to find an ice cream shop nearby, so he pops in for a snack. Afterwards, he toddles back to the shop. Looking up from his work, the mechanic tells him, “looks like you blew a seal.”

Wiping his beak, Chilly says, “no, no, it’s just ice cream.”

*ba-dum-crash*

51. good old whatshername says:

I see you there making with the rabbit ears behind my head! Knock it off right now!

52. Kim-meh says:

If you want to protect this cutie pie and all his little friends, visit http://www.protectseals.org (part of the humane society of the United States- not a fly-by night)!!