Soupe à là Férrète

Mmmmmmm. Tastes like Misooooo

[LOVE the guy at 9 o'clock. He's all about to submarine]

Then, there’s Mr. CombOverPants in the middle. Nice hairline, buddy!

Murky_mcferretsons

Bethany H., Delicious!

Comments

1. aaaw, very cute…ferrets are awesome, but they smell…lol, but i love em…

2. and omgsh, may i say [...]?

[No. No, you may not, and thank you for asking. You might try saying something ELSE, hint hint, but not THAT. - Ed.]

3. Jaxotea says:

Never thought I’d find soggy ferrets cute.

Love the escapee at the front, you can almost hear him thinking “Peweee. Wet ferret smell, let me outa here!”

4. OMG! Will the cuteness never end?

5. Boy those babies needed a bath, look a that water! I vote for a rinse before the soup is finished!

6. omg, five ferrets in a bath, lol..

7. SpinKitty says:

Does bathing them help improve the smell any? If so, bring on the soap!

8. Ooooohh, WANT!!!

9. …and perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised, but that water looks filthy!

10. Water weasels!

11. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Ferretlicious.

12. oh man these little faretts are so cute i want to squish them!!!!! not on a bad way thogh

13. michellemybelle says:

Wow, I didn’t know they swam in schools!

14. AuntieMame says:

Eww! I hope they strain and clarify that broth before they use it.

15. How many towels does it take to dry five ferrets ask mr owl he will tell you ????? LOL

16. High density BEF!

17. you couldn’t pay me enough to clean out that tub when those ferrets are done tubbin’. yuuuck.

18. Leah,
    Sometimes your comments freak me out cuz you sound just like my friend who’s name is Leah. We call her Koala.

19. montana gramma says:

reminds me of my ferritte’, “Weezelle” she was a wee’wee’french type girl and a great dancer! Played in the Royal Courts of Europe for many years…she passed on just before she was to be knighted by the Queen. Dame “Weezelle” would have looked smashing on her marker!!! I’ve heard that she will reincarnate as the next Dalai Lama….

20. mynameisjonas says:

Mr. comboverpants looks like a loch ness monster!

21. Snowpea says:

As a French speaker, it iz my devoir to say that the ‘la’ in ze title does not require ze accent grave az it iz an article, not an adverb!

I will haf ze soupe for starters, je vous prie.

22. luvinmalssomuch says:

Alright which of us is going to be the guinea pig and taste this soup.

23. Is the one in the back an albino ferret? His fur is very light colored but his eyes are black.

GJ

24. Hmm…soap plus ferret dirt…NO SOUP FOR ME!

Still dern cute, though.

25. Water-dancing Ferrets! They just need lil swim caps.

26. haaha.. Murky Mcferretsons..i just noticed the ‘mouse over’ text… or should I say ‘ferret over’?

27. They’re practicing for their synchronized ferret swimming debut! Esther Williams would no doubt approve.

28. I just love it that you have decided to classify them as fishes! Ferretfishes! Even cuter than ferets and fishes put together.

29. Loris — GOLD STAR for being the first to notice (and to say so)!

30. tarayith says:

Hee :) I love the one making a bid for freedom!

31. The real question is, how many people does it take to towel off 5 ferrets after a bath? I have enough trouble with toddlers!

32. Shannon Johnson says:

Those little ferrets are so funny. I love them so much.

33. Look out “barrel full of monkeys”! You got some competish from “bathtub full of ferreeeets.”

34. Tee hee! And thank *you*, Theo, for posting one of the rainforest canopy’s goofier sources of cuteness. We may not be the fastest prosimians on the block, but we do like our C.O., yes indeed.

35. That reminds me of that underground catacomb scene in the last Indiana Jones movie. Is that tub full of petroleum?

36. Must pay my monies, say “ferret soup please” in a clear firm voice, move to the left expeditiously, and remember not to complain about the bread this time…

37. I miss my ferrets!

38. chelonianmobile says:

“Mercy, yer honour. That stuff’s water – it’s all wet!”

39. Madly, madly in love with the water weasels!

40. zosterops says:

somehow…. that ferret situation…. seems out of control…

41. ver ver cute.

the one in front is all

“es-ka-pay!!!”

no, washing ferrets actually makes the smell worse for a little while because their bodies release their musk to compensate for the newfound cleanliness…

and the one in back isnt an albino, he’s a dark-eyed white or black eyed white. the most beautiful in imho :)

42. belphebe says:

The best part of drying ferrets is watching them run around drying themselves off, trying to get their scent back. Sure, you towel dry them as much as you can until they squirm out of your hands. At that point, you stand back and watch as they roll around, burrow under the towel or any other soft stuff, and run around like crazy.

Hmmm, I have a boring weekend ahead of me. Maybe I’ll bathe my ferrets.

43. hrh.squeak says:

Loves me all the leetle fereete hairdos. Rawkin’ the Mohawk!

44. Noelegy says:

LOL, Belphebe!

I just sent the permalink for this entry to my husband with the comment “It could be worse…” (we only have three ferrets)

45. iristeddy says:

what about mr./mrs. albino ferret? where’s the love?

46. oaklandcat says:

cutebabyfix: “NO SOUP FOR YOU!” ;)

47. Aww… I could never bathe my 3 all at the same time. They’d probably build a ladder out of their bodies and escape from the tub and overrun me.

Ferrets don’t really need bathing much anyway since the litter box is what really stinks. The only time you can really smell them is if you give them lots of shnorgles or their bellies. *squish*

48. Ah ha! Ferrets have nosicles too! Hedgies- you’ve got competish.

49. Oulala! What is this accent doing on the “la”? And a furet is male gendered grammatically speaking.

-> Soupe au furet! XD

This is not mignon at all monsieur, watch your language! :p

50. kel13123 says:

this many ferrets should be illegal!!! seriously, its just too much cute to fit inside one brain. really Meg, you don’t want us all to ‘splode from the cuteness do you??

51. brownamazon says:

They must be the extras from The Big Lebowski: “hey man, nice marmot…”

52. useta hada kitteh says:

Da soup she’s boilink over, and da meat’s excapin’ over da side!

I knew I was a real COer the other day when I walked past a pet shop (no, I didn’t approve of the petshop’s ways, but let’s not get into that…) any way, I saw some little Ferret McFerretsons in a display, and thought “Ferreeeeeets!” Who’d ‘a’ thunk it? Me, squeein’ over ferreeeeets.

53. WTF? Why U Wash Us?

54. “Waiter, there’s a ferret in my soup!”

“Oh no, I’m so sorry! I’ll-“

“Can I have some more?”

55. Espilonarge says:

Rubba-dub-dub, five ferrets in a tub. XD

56. what is it around here with ferrets and culinary references? not that i’m complaining, mind you.

i love 9 o’clock’s mischievious little face!

57. Waiter, I’ll have what subhangi’s got!

58. bring on the conditioner!
    (and some salt maybe…)

oh yes and our little blond friend in the back is looking stunning in this picture :P

59. Brethil says:

Didn’t anyone else notice Mr. Three O’clock and his “I’m outta here, later doods” -look???

Or should I say “I’m otter here” ;) *runs for cover*

60. Ferret spa, part of what they do, when we are not looking. Ador-a-fureeeee.

61. Rub a dub dub
    five ferrets in a tub
    all splashing around Merrily
    One white, three brown
    and one escaping clown.
    Cavorting and all yelling Squeeeee!

62. Thubmerge!!!!

63. lil_cutey says:

Hmmm….ferrit soup…I think dat would taste a little furry 4 me! lol! 5 ferrits in a bath tub! Never seen dat b4!

64. I suppose this is an example of cinema ferrité?

65. Theresa says:

The combover is his whole bodeeeeeeeee!!!

66. Bethany W. (Married) says:

these are my sweet ones!! and yes we have a BEW (Black Eyed White) that’s Peewee! we love you!

67. Bethany W. (Married) says: