Serious Protecksh

How safe are these lil’ guys, growin’ up in styrofoam and leaves and stuff. They could even re-position the pads if they wanted to to make a new living room.

Helmet_sweet_helmet

Henry H. provided the sweet, cheep! apartments for these dewds.

Comments

1. LOL! Meg’s one-upping the local pundits now…

2. amaretto_bunny says:

bleen!

I’m not always a huge bird fan, but these little guys are cute! =)

3. amaretto_bunny says:

Awww! So close to being first, lol! =P

4. Blong, Amaretto Bunny. Just plain blong.

5. Aww house finches! I had a couple of these little guys raising babies in a hanging basket on my front porch.

6. awwww, that is so schweeet, that Hennry H let the little birdehs stay there and raise their little family!

7. Teho, did you take down the Amanda-spam? I was just going to comment, but it looks like you beat me to it. Thanks! :-)

8. martha in mobile says:

9. Theresa says:

Feenches!

10. Melissa says:

How sweet! Henry needs a backup helmet. I hope they don’t dive bomb him when he goes by.

11. they’re gonna lay some kittens in your noggin cup!

12. Two in the hat are worth ten in the bush.

13. Such clever and adaptable birdies. and I think it’s safe to say the owner either a) hasn’t been biking in some time; or b) doesn’t use that helmet.

14. sweetpea says:

They are sweet, but I hope they are safe pecking at the styrofoam and all.

15. Rosalynde says:

Holy beady eye factor!!!!!

16. Think anyone will ever weat that helmet again?
    Methinks not.

17. Llism — *no* idea what you’re talking about.
    ;)

18. Sweet Pea says:

Those birds must be New Yorkers!
    With housing being so pricey now helmets are a new residence option.
    What’s the square footage on that?

19. Sorry officer, I know helmets are required by law but you see, these pigeons decided to nest in my helmet. No really! There’s a picture of it on Cute Overload!!!

GJ

20. Awwwwww, such a sweet and novel idea!

21. House finches and Carolina Wrens will nest in your pockets if you stand still long enough.

=========

I’ve been standing still for hours, but nothing like this happened to me! I want pocket finches!

22. cute. smart little birdies.

23. Kritter says:

All I can think is “poop in the helmet”.

24. That’s about all I can afford for my first house, too.

25. I see they are using the PPPP style of living.. (Precious Posh Peeper Pad) They are also Perfectly Poofy in Personal Practice.. :)

26. Suda Nim says:

A thinker:

I think the helmet pwner isn’t going to be using it much in the future, either….

27. We have hummingbirds nesting in a hanging basket on our patio for the second time this spring! We need to put up a “Hummer Maternity Ward” sign or something.

I wonder if I should put out a bike helmet for them?

28. funkyb0ss says:

SOMEbody hasn’t been out riding the ol’ bike enough lately

29. Shannon Johnson says:

Ok, whoever did that for the birdies, were very nice. Thank you for providing a very nice and cozy home for them(even if you didn’t mean to, i think they appreciate it)*HEE HEE*

30. How cute! :)

31. Oh my that is just completely cute. I hope those birds are okay. :)

32. Florida says:

We used to have mourning doves nesting in our garage all the time … silly birds. Once they built a very precariously balanced nest on top of the chain/gears of a bike that was hanging upside down!

33. lil_cutey says:

aawwwwwww! What a nice place to have a nest! I wonder if it’s comfy! They sure are some smart birds!

34. acelightning says:

Well, the padded liner is certainly a lot more comfortable than a nest built out of sticks and twigs and stuff – I mean, which would *you* rather sleep on?

35. Kimberly says:

My lazy behind hasn’t gotten on my bike in months. Perhaps I should hang my helmet outside and let some birds nest – at least that way my equipment will be getting SOME use.

36. How precious! those little birdies are very practical.

37. Genevieve says:

Dear Human Owner of the Helmet,

Please let the birdies have it. They are just too cute.