Peeking pocket hams

Please check out the anerable peeping action at the beginning of this movie. Then, stick around for Oscar-winning footage that follows.

Comments

1. LushyMcJackass says:

I must kiss leetle pink hammie noses.

2. I love the little jump when the hammie is sitting in the hand. “Just chillin’ in a hand, lalala, WHAH! A finger”

3. A big hand for that awesome hamster!…oh wait, (s)he already has one.

4. The little ham ham was woken up with a pumpkin seed! ZOMG! That’s so gosh darn adorable! Stickin’ a little nose out of the fluff!

5. SixFootJen says:

The B.E.F. is to die for!!

6. Vultekai says:

Lisa: OK, I finished editing the gardening sequence. . .
    Homer: OK, from here we star wipe to a glamour shot of Flanders paying his bills, then we star wipe to Flanders brushing his teeth. . .
    Lisa: Dad, there are other wipes besides star wipes. . .
    Homer: Why eat hamburger when you can have steak?
    Lisa: I’m taking my name off this thing.

7. fluidstatic says:

tormenting that little one with the pumpkin seed was cruel, yet anerable indeed.

he was like “ENH! give iiiiit!”

8. lil_cutey says:

that’s so kool and cute!

9. Christine Hughes says:

The hammy is so teeny and impossibly cute! I love the big eyes.

10. Claire says:

The absolute best for me was when the hammie just sat happily in the hand. One of my two gerbils will do this.

I call it “playing elevator.”

11. book_monstercats says:

By the ‘eck! That hammie can eat. Was it my imagination, or did s/he get rounder as the sequence go on? Truly anerable.

12. Aubrey says:

MTV can go hang. I Want My MTBEF.

13. The nibbling action shots.. the fluff on fluff moment, the hand-riding stunt.. this film has it all :)

14. Tessa, NYC says:

Absolutely adorable! A real Hammywood production.

15. Love the grand finale of the production when the hammy winks bye-bye!

16. Barbara says:

OMG!, I was never a hammie person, always came looking for the kitties. but this did it….give it the Oscar

17. He winked at me! He lubs me.

18. OMGOMG!

a hammy on a film reel!

I’m in av nerd heaven!

19. Heather says:

does anyone know what the song is?

20. sweetpea says:

No clue on the song, sadly.

What a adorable leetle “Hamlet” – yes, I said it. Somebody had to.

21. Cylver says:

I could’ve sworn he WINKED at the camera, about 5 sec from the end.

22. To Heather and Sweetpea: I think the song is by Gnarls Barkley. It sounds like that kind of style. I weeeel find it, because I think it rocks!

23. Heather says:

Cats ‘n Stuff; I was thinking Gnarls Barkley too. Good call! *goes googling*

24. Christine H says:

I saw the wink too! I couldn’t believe it.

25. SQUEEEEEEEE! I can literally hear the “whirrrrr” of their noses!

26. Ashley says:

The song is called Smiley Faces and it *is* by Gnarlz Barkley.

27. Theresa says:

Slippin and a-slidin,
    Peepin and a_hidin,
    Been told long time agooooo!
    Slippin and a-slidin,
    Peepin and a_hidin,
    Been told long time agooooo!
    I’ve been told, baby,
    You’ve been bold,
    Won’t be your fool no mooooooo!!

28. Ha ha! Just what I was thinking, Vultekai.

All those zooms ins and outs was makingk me nauseated.

29. Shannon Johnson says:

So cute! Ham-hams are cute!

30. Ah-hah! Now I remember why I need a dwarf hammie. Because they equate to euphoria!

31. Martha in Washington says:

I’ve a question for all the hammy-owned peeps…
    My son has two dwarf blueberry hammies (Nicodemus and Socks). Well just recently Nic has started picking on Socks BIG TIME! Chasing him around the cage and chewing on him till he squeals (hammie squeals give me the goosebumps). My son was told that they were both males and social. My question is…Why is Nic doing this and what can we do to stop it besides seperate cages? Thanks.

32. Martha in Washington says:

separate…sorry

33. Martha in Washington says:

BTW, this little guy is adorble! Ditto on the scene changes.

34. Cuuuutteee! Did I see him stick out his tongue at 2:30?

35. Grumblecakes says:

Hee! So cute… and since I watched the later post of the daschund puppies first, it highlighted how a song can be appropriate yet lame (Puppy Love) or an odd choice yet awesome (Smiley Faces). I order the Internets to make me more animal music videos!

36. I am keeled with the pumpkin seed “EHN!”

37. Ha! Vultekai- when the clip started the FIRST thing I thought of was “Star wipe to Flanders”! Love it.

Okay it’s a law- when your eyes are as big as your ears, you are C-U-T-E!

38. that is one busy hammie. i love the pumpkin seed tease “gimmie that seed you bastard!” what a cool running wheel. nice footage and song.

39. Martha in Washington, we have multiple hammies. The girls (three of them) had to be put in separate cages when they were about 3-4 months old; the squealing and occasional bloodshed was quite upsetting. The three boys we have would have occasional scuffles but that ended when one of them died (perhaps he was the instigator?). The remaining two male furries are fine (and the girls don’t seem to miss having a roomie).

40. I think hamster taunting is illegal in, like, 39 states.

41. Trixie.In.Dixie says:

Martha:

I had two female hammies from the same litter that were put in an enclosure together (large repurposed acquarium). The salesperson at the pet store assured us that they could be put together since they were sisters… however, within the first week of having them at home, they were fighting and biting, and before we knew it, we had only one hamster. I was not prepared for that to happen, and was pretty much freaked out by it. I would never have put them together if the idiot at the pet store hadn’t assured us that they would be fine…

42. Martha in Washington, in light of Trixie.In.Dixie’s comment, let me just clarify my earlier comment. The male hammie who died was NOT killed by his brothers. However, our girls did wound each other, so it may be a good idea to buy a new cage.

43. lil_cutey says:

those lil hammies r adorable. Judging by that video, it looks like they r a little sneaky. The way they sniff iz so cute and funny!

44. Martha in Washington says:

Thanks Trixie and Laura–that’s what I was afraid of-separate cages. They do like to snuggle together while they sleep all day.

45. Martha in Washington says:

CBF- but it’s okay to taunt English Ka-nigh-its though, right?

46. Martha in Washington says:

CBF- but it’s okay to taunt English Ka-nigh-its though, right?

47. lil_cutey says:

those hammies r adorable!

48. Penelope says:

It is Important… Do NOT use “Fluffy Bedding,” for your hamster! That is the material that looks like cotton or polyester fibers, and it is very dangerous to hamsters. They cannot digest it, and it will block the digestive tract, causing death. It can also wrap around the legs, and cause difficulties.

There is something much better. Make sure you use Plain, White, Toilet Paper for the nest. It is safe if the hamster eats it, and can be digested. Your hamster will love shredding it up, and will make itself a cozy area to go to sleep. (Simply add some toilet paper to your usual aspen chips or Carefresh.)

Here is a website that explains this in more detail…