Don’t look now, but there’s a squirrel in yer PANNNTS

A bebeh squirrel.

Asleep.

IN YOUR PANNTS.

You know what? [holding hand up] I don’t want to even KNOW how it got there.

Squirreltastique

Ireegardless, he’s super prosh, Katherine B. ;)

Comments

1. There’s some sort of nuts joke here that’s remaining unspoken.

2. :) Reminds me of Iron Giant. This pic is 3 seconds away from a freak out.

3. Yeah, and I think it starts: “I’m in ur pants…”

4. :) Reminds me of Iron Giant. This pic is 3 seconds away from a freak out.

5. oops.

6. Catman Dude =^-.-^= says:

I guess the squirrel thought there was a party in the pants.

7. you lie! this is no squirrel in my pants! how dare you raise my hopes so!

8. joodster says:

Is that a squirrel in your pants? Or are you just happy to see me?
    >>>>>>ducks and runs for cover>>>>>

9. this is even better than a wocket in your pocket!

good grief what a cute lil smushie face.

10. I loves me some squirrelsies…I have always wanted to snorgle one!

11. How cute! Love how teeny it looks.

12. zosterops says:

I had one,too, a baby squirrel — they tend to fall asleep in your clothes.
    one of the sweetest kind of baby animals there is.

13. joodster: hiding from the pudding?

14. Poor leetle guy. He was just looking for a warm place to store his nuts.
    **hides behind joodster**

15. I….I have nothing to say. I got nothin.

16. It’s kind of sad that someone actually made a song called “irregardless” considering it’s not even a word…

17. Eastie says:

I never realized how cute squirrels faces are. So adorable! I love the nose and ears and mouf, and and and…

18. It’s a shame. Of all the days to post squirrels in pants, Meg pics May 4th.

Today, after all, is No Pants Day.

TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS, PEEPLE!

19. Honey, does this squirrel make my butt look big?

20. SeaBreeze says:

I think someone’s squirreled away. Or they’re squirreling someone away. Whateveh. =)

21. Ash: And you have a blog entry called… “pomegranite”? Whassat? A new type of rock?

Besides, EVERYBODY knows “irregardless” is… well, see for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless.

Pomegranate, however, is no matter of controversy. Hellooo, pomegranate.

22. Bebeh-squirrel-pants.

Teho, that no pants day website is…interesting.

23. Irregardless of all that nonsense there is still a squirrel in your pants who found a dark warm happy place to store his nuts. **Ducks and runs to hide behind Jodster and Brinnan because I knows there is a chocolate pudding about to come out**

24. Marina-cat says:

I’m worried about the green underpants…

25. Are we sure that isn’t squirrels an Racks up there?

26. Hi Marina! :)

27. I’m another ‘sleeping squirrel’ at http://www.marmiteandsot.blogspot.com !

We love your site!

xo marmite & söt

28. ThreeCatNight says:

A little squirrel snorgled up, with the little presh nose peeping out. This is too much in the a.m., but I can deal with it!

29. ThreeCatNight says:

30. ThreeCatNight says:

Sorry about that double-post again; servers are slow today.

31. I detect a bit of muzzlepuff! Eek!!!!

32. … is that a tennis ball? In the pants? By the squirrel?

33. I thought it looked like a tennis ball too, but I decided to leave that one alone.

34. Sabella says:

SpongeBob Squirrel Pants!

Sorry.

I want eet! Give eet to me! Zee face! I vant to keess it’s ittle mouf and nosey! The bitty bebeh whiskers! GIVE! I must put zee squirrel in my pants now.

35. Stormcat says:

Isn’t it amazing how many whiskers these little guys have???

And as for the tennis ball, well, ahem, in truth it looks like a “package” to me… But maybe not…

36. amaretto_bunny says:

I just want to boop his nose!

*BOOP*

37. Damn. All the good (meaning bad) jokes are taken.

Jon Stewart said “irregardless” on his show a couple nights ago. :P It isn’t totally incorrect, but I personally avoid it. Here’s the correct Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

38. Szilvia says:

I believe the use of the word irregardless came in best use in the Episode 8, Season 2of American Dad: “Irregarding Steve”. It’s a nonsense word and I… have no idea where I was going with this.

Oh yeah, SQUEEEEEE-RRELZ are TEH QTEST!!!

By the way this website is to blame for me talking funny whenever I describe something cute. And I’m not talking Funny HA-HA but funny like you ppl ;-P

I believe half of the reason I sometimes spray my morning juice through my nose -is the absolutely anerable and fah-knee descriptions that go along with the pics.

Thank you! And don’t EVER stop!

xoxo
    Szilvia from Sweden

39. Sorry, Szilvia. That’s us goofy Americans – always corrupting the world.

40. Well, peeps, in my opinion, the CLASSIC squirrel-pants crossover is here:

41. Alice Shortcake says:

“FREE squirrel with every pair of pants!”

42. Is this the beginning of a throwback to Debauchery Friday?

43. You have it all wrong. This is a girl squirrel, and her name is Squirly. This negates all the joodster et al discussion disasters.
    (ducks behind joodster just in case)

44. book_monstercats says:

I think it’s a tennis ball. I think it’s propping the squerl’s head up. Too prosh for any other words.

45. Are we even sure those are pants?

46. ARE WE EVEN SURE THAT’S A SQUIRREL!???

47. um yeah.
    Sorry.
    [ahem]

48. ceejoe says:

I’m with brinann…
    it looks like just a bunch of different materials that someone is using to make a comfee cozee bed for the leetle squirrelee…

but irregardless, I lof all you peeps’ high-larious comments!

49. Helene says:

You’re right Theo, he’s just happy to see you…

50. Yeah, it’s the black strip of velcro that confuses me. I guess pants might have velcro, for various strange reasons best not discussed on this thread.

51. KaitouJuliet says:

Awww!

Is that a fox squirrel, by any chance? We had them in the town where I grew up, and I’ve always thought they were particularly delightful as squirrels go.

52. Looks like the pic taker is keepin baby squirrel warm roo style. Prob was runnin about & finally fell asleep there safe & warm & whatever that tennis ball lookin thiney is it’s keepin the elastic from chokin the little fellow. What a sweet pic.
    On a side note, where have all my “gee’s” went? I seem to keep losin them when I come here. *scratches head*

53. mandykw says:

ahhhh his little mouth!!

54. What I wanna know is…
    Did anyone participate in NO PANTS DAY?

55. Audrey says:

So sweet. brown. furries… he reminds me of my kitty. I lurrrve him!

56. R. Moore says:

The first time I heard the word “irregardless” I was very confused.

Me: (thinking, having just heard an intelligent woman say this word) Did she say irregardless? Is that a word? Wait, wouldn’t that mean that such-and-such IS like that some of the time? But the way she’s explaining it implies that it is not like that no matter what…

57. Tiffany says:

I’ve been studying for about 4 hours…I really needed this squirrel break. Sooooo cuuuute.

58. little gator says:

Fred Schneider voice:

There’s a squirrel in my pants, and it does a naughty dance….

59. Squerrely! *hugs*

60. OMG I want a pet squirrel sooo bad!! His little soft nose- I can’t stand the cuteness. More squirrel photos pleeezzz!

61. Just what I needed on a Friday. Poit!

62. Oh, the squirrel may look harmless and cute, BUT YOU KNOW IT’S EVIL– EVIL, I TELL YOU!

63. This pic proves all babies are cute…Little Gator..love your Fred Schneider reference!! Love the baby’s little nose. Now who has the baby warthog photos…I want to see one of those in someone’s pants!

64. DustPuppyOI says:

A close approximation via Eric Conveys and Emotion (http://www.emotioneric.com/ ): Hamster in underpants (http://www.emotioneric.com/emotionfill/hamsterpants.html )

65. Hes after me nuts!

66. Conan the Grammarian says:

Too much cute!

My only beef is with part of the comment (and I realize it’s connected to something musical– I want to throttle the band for it)… ‘Irregardless’ is NOT A WORD, regardless that some people seem to think so.

Abuse of the English language makes kitty cry.

67. Shannon Johnson says:

Who was that irresponsible enough to let a poor leetle squirrel in their pants, hmmmmmm?

68. hrh.squeak says:

Is that a nose or a chocolate chip? I must leeck it! CookieSquirrel!

69. I can almost imagine the scenario:

Friend: Did I just hear something?
    Squirrel Guy: Oh, never mind that, it’s just my squirrel.
    F: Your squirrel? Where is he?
    SG: *lifts jacket corner*
    F: Dude! You have a squirrel in your pants!
    SQ: So what? He likes to sleep there.

And, I’ll leave the rest up to your imagination…

70. Did anybody else think of Ray Stevens when they saw this ? The chorus of “The Mississippi Squirrel Revival” is echoing in my head ….
    “The day the squirrel went berserk/
    In the First Self-Righteous Church/
    In that sleepy little town of Pascagoula….”

71. Eh? That’s a skwerl all right – but are those pants?

I guess I haven’t seen enough pants…

Oops.

72. There is a comment I am not going to touch Hehehe

73. Lunch Lady says:

Fuzzy bebe leeps n tiny flappy ears!!! sigh….

74. Barbara says:

I just can’t get enough of this bebeh so comfterbuls.
    But I’m not sure it’s pants…

75. lil_cutey says:

o my gosh! that iz just soooo cute!

76. chelonianmobile says:

Chief Wiggum; “It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.”

77. JEncase says:

Irregardless is not a word. but other than that we really like your site.

78. Rebecca says:

I swear I am going to vaporize the next whiner who complains about irregardless. Grammar police, have 5 words for you: Blow it out your ears.

79. Patricia Wilson says:

I do not see what the fuss is about – is it not the way of all baby animals to crawl into the clothes of us humans for the comfort and warmth that we offer
    All we do is take the place of a Mom or Dad to the little thing
    We have do think right and do right by these tiny things