Special on aisle 7: sleeping puppies in tubs

[heard over microphone] "sleeping pups on aisle seven, next to the bath caulk and bull nose tiles. Get ‘em while they last, limited time only, one per customer"

Sleeping_tub_pupple

Load up the cart, Jessica F.! (‘Ivana" pup is dreaming about the ‘I shall leeck you‘ category of this site.)

Comments

1. constance says:

hahahah. awwwwwwwwwwwww. Port-a-pup!

2. Is that a… Shiba??

3. Love the tongue! I really wanna scratch that belleh, too. Adorable!

4. The tongue! The tongue!!!!!

5. Peg of Tilling says:

Shopping cart left wheel…stuck! Argh!

6. Oooo! Squee! bleen bleen bleen baked bleens bleen and spam

>.< m

7. He’s got no nose!

8. BWAHHAHAAHAHAHA!!!XD!!!

I wonder if the wee thing is doing the honk-shoo thing, but on the shoo, he’s doin’ razzberries!!! Can you picture that?
    Honk-pththththtththtthththth!!!!
    Honk-pththththtththtthththth!!!!

9. luvinmalssomuch says:

The pink tongue. He’s mooshing his face.

10. *lines up to be leeked*

11. Ooooooooooooooooooooooohjesus!

That tongue! That wonderful glorious tongue!

12. “Thppppp!… where’s my Blue COUCH of Fabulous??”

13. eeeeeeeeeeeee!
    and look at the soft pink paw pad!
    and the schmooooshed ear!
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

14. I am loving the perfectly curled tail poised over the fuzzy ‘tocks. Smooshie McPuppersons!

15. *wakes up*
    “Why do I have a plastiky taste in my mouth? Where’s my milk-bone I gotta freshen up!”

He’s so sweet!!!!

16. Yup, that’s it…I’m goin’ home. No brains left after this lil pup.

17. REDONKULOUS!! :-D

And way too perky for words.

18. What kind of puppy is it?
    Maybe a Carry Blue Terrier. Or a Schnoozer. Could be a Shiba. A Shiba In new tub. ;-p

19. [applause for Pyrit]

20. ah, so that’s how their faces get like that.

21. Thanx, C.S.M. ;-)

22. We need to know if that is a Shiba-Inu!!!!!!!!

23. I luv this puppers!

24. What a precious baby! It’s like he nodded off mid-lick of that front paw.

25. Pyrit — wha huh?
    “CSM” to me is an X-Files reference. And I really don’t identify with that guy.

26. I just love how dogs can fall asleep anywhere at anytime in any position. Introducing little Lord Smooshyface! (that’s what I call my pup when he wakes up – too durn cute!!!)

27. He looks like he’s about to go through the X-ray machine at the airport.

I’m sure he’ll be confiscated then considering that deadly that tum and tongue combination.

28. Kar – OMG! That’s funny! Maybe pup’s knocked out from the smell of everybody taking off their shoes! Ha!

Theo – I don’t know much X-Files stuff. But I do know a suspeeshus screen name (sing song).

29. Suda Nim says:

Kar — I had to take my cat through security at the airport once when I was carrying her onboard (pre-9/11). I had the option of the x-ray or taking her out of the carrier.

I chose the latter, and was thinking “thank heavens she’s tranquilized, or we would be chasing cat allllll over the airport!”

30. Hee! He was all “dooh do noo hmm what does this taste like? ” then he fell asleep mid-leeck.

And yes Eastie, that belleh is crying out for a rub!

31. It looks dead. :-(

32. Shannon Johnson says:

AWWWWWW! So cute! I want him right now

33. ThreeCatNight says:

“Boy, dat was some party last night! Zzzzzzz….”

Love the belleh and those little pudge-paws!

34. Beat me to it, Kar. Prep for the X-Ray machine was the first thing I thought of….

35. TeratoMarty says:

I’m having a rubbish day, but the tail-and-tocks combo makes it better. Thank you, CO. Have you ever thought of front-loading the Overload for Mondays, which are generally rubbish?

36. Aaaagh, Pyrit, did you HAVE to use the initials CSM?!

You see, for me, a CSM means something completely different: Customer Service Manager. And then I look at the cute puppy in a tub straight out of my Housewares department…and the retail joke in the caption…and then I look over at the blue vest hanging off my dining room chair–with the words “How May I Help You?” printed in big white letters on the back…

…and that makes me think of *shudder* WORK…and now I have my hands over my ears and it’s not working i CAN STILL hear the scanner going BOOP! and oh sheesh notanothercustomer PUPPY! JUST LOOK AT THE PUPPY! JUST LOOK AT THE CUTE LITTLE PUPPY!

…ok i’m better now…

;-)

–TwoDragons

37. “Pup in a Tub… only slight damage from shipping,” 20% discount :)

His tongue got squished right out of his mouth, poor little face too… perfect!

38. CSM when I was a nurse, meant Colour Sensation and Movement…. To find out exactly what a limb was doing after the application of a plaster cast… just to make sure the plaster tech didn’t stop any vital stuff happening… like circulation, nerve damage… that kinda stuff….

As for the puppy.. is there a two for one special any time soon???

39. Cassandra says:

GAH! Best puppeh ever! He looks like he was up all night at the puppy party and passed out in the neighbours’ recycling bin. Puppies always throw the best parties…wish I was invited…*sulk*

40. When I was a kid, the local grocery store put your groceries in big plastic bins, put the bin on a conveyor belt and rolled the bin to a loading area so you can load your groceries in your car out of the weather. They don’t do that anymore, but that blue bin looks exactly like those grocery bins and I sure wouldn’t mind having that smooshy-faced floofy pup with my groceries!

TwoDragons: Lemme guess…WalMart, right?

41. i will take one please!

42. port a pup….lol that baby should be checked to make sure all that all parts are still included, sometimes when things get put in big empty tubs something is usallay missing………..

43. compy-saur says:

I likes his short, fuzzy thigh.

44. LOL! I can’t even begin to list the things that are funny about this puppy….Suffice it to say they are numerous and encompass just about every one of his body parts.

45. Jackie from Michigan: It was the blue vest that gave it away, wasn’t it…? ;-)

I could sure use a pup like that hanging out at my register. He’d make the day go by so much faster! ^__^

–TwoDragons

46. The best part about this picture… is the smooshed face.

Ahn.

47. OMGaloshes-*runs to Puppehs-R-Us for my very own puppeh bucket*

48. Regina says:

I maded heem into an LOLDOG…hope its ok

49. S’alright—I’ll bring out your recycling for you…no really; i’ve got it…just carry on…[doot dee doo]

50. limbonics says:

it looks like he ran headlong into the side of the bin

51. Limbonics — tsk! [LOL]

52. Awwww. His face is smooshed against the side of the tub … and that tongue!!! Shiba Inus are anerable.

53. the best guess my mom, who has bred Shiba Inu’s for almost 20 years is that the pup is a Kai, since he has the look but the merle markings. incredibly cute pup nonetheless

54. serious tiny tocks action, too! ADORABLE!

55. Regina — whoo. Lemme see how well I can put this… It’s a foggy area, at the moment, as far as it being OK to copy, edit, redistribute, etc. the content of somebody’s website, like ours. The “bukkit saga” over at ICanHasCheezburger is funny, and it’s an awesome pic obviously worth captioning (otherwise we wouldn’t have posted it, eh?)

But this puppy-in-a-bin photo also kind of *belongs* to Cute Overload (and Jessica F., if it’s her original pic) y’see, so really that’s where permission needs to come from. You’re venturing into Intellectual Property waters, which admittedly isn’t cute or funny, but we here at Team Meg still have to deal with it day-to-day.

Things should soon be getting a bit more formalized and clarified here.

56. Regina says:

Sorry :( Didn’t mean to cause trouble…can I have a *little* pat on the head for at least admitting it was me?

I guess I was just not thinking about the deeper issues and I seriously apologize.

Regina

57. Regina — thanks… and I don’t think it’s *too* much trouble. Like I said, the issues & rules are still somewhat foggy (for now).

58. furbabies says:

I wants me a smooshy puppeh too with the incredible tongue action.

59. Shrudy says:

Awwwwwwwwww soooo cute….
    The animals have got it going on!