I shall (tentatively) pet you

Sender-inner Eliza M. sez: “My cat (Katherine Hepburn) found a mouse in our backyard. Well, really, the mouse found her. The mouse (who we named Frank) definitely had the upper hand in this fight, but I caught this rare moment of Katherine touching it (instead of running away). I think she’s thinking “It’s a real mouse! I shall touch it! No, I shall run away.”

Purrrrrrrrrrrr

Eliza M, nice kitteh name and story [head tilt]

Comments

1. that must be a first in the animal kingdom!

2. amazing how the harsh nature of killing and surviving comes across so… cute!

3. look mum… no claws!!!!

4. In Awwwe says:

The pic is cute, but the names of the kitty and the mousie are priceless….

5. “I will pat heem and pet heem and name him Frank…”

6. Shannon Johnson says:

The Kitty looks like my kitty Smokey, the coloring is the same although I can’t see Smokey petting a mouse

7. DoodleBleen — no, me sneakies, it isn’t. Ahem. Rodents tend to have a remarkable will to live, and frequently fight back even against actual wild predators.

8. R. Moore says:

I wish my cats were so kind… But then I wouldn’t be able to keep cereal in the house :P

9. awwww….so adorable! I lurve seeing cats who aren’t quite familar with their nature as the great small hunter finding themselves confronted like this.

(and the curve of kitteh’s nose is just begging for kissies)

10. Brak_Silverbone says:

This amazing photo reminds me of the photo of the cat examining the bug in a jar, especially the second photo in that series where the cat has his paw on his chin.

11. Not to take ANYTHING away from the adorableness of your kitteh and the extreme adorableness of the mouse-tapping action, but Katharine Hepburn, if she were alive, would want you to know that her first name is spelled with an “a” and not an “e.” I have heard that she always made a point of correcting people when they misspelled it. That’s our Kate!

12. lol – so cute! kitteh afraid of little mousie!

13. Kimmypage says:

O
    M
    G
    !!!
    That’s toooo sweet! ..
    kp ;)

14. I hope Ms. Hepburn there doesn’t decide to invite the mouse in for tea. My cat brought a *live* chipmunk into the house on 2 separate occasions. Took 3 days to find and catch one of them.

15. I’m glad nothing deadly happened. I wouldn’t know how Katherine would have dis-Spencer any Trace-y of the remains.

16. moistened bink says:

Ohh…sweet. I keep trying to tell my daughter that her cats are only trying to play with the other animals they bring to the door (and sometimes into the house when the cat door is in). Truly though, we have had live bunnies, chipmunks, birds and moles brought in. I swear they don’t aim to hurt them.
    They won’t go near the squirrels though, they peacefully coexist on the same deck with them.

17. Jennifer says:

I LOVE that you named your cat Katharine Hepburn. She is my favorite person of all time!! :-D

18. ‘moistened bink’? Lobbed any scimitars lately?

19. That’s “moistened BINT”, Aubrey – and there’s some lovely filth down ‘ere. Come and see the violence inherent in the system.

20. somehow I can hear katherines voice saying what are you OH My you really are a mouse. My what soft fur you have , well gotta run thanks for the meeting. Don’t call me I’ll call you for the next meeting bye, running kitty.

21. I had mice on my sunporch once. One afternoon, one came into the living room, ran up to my cat Liesel, and died of a heart attack. Liesel didn’t even touch it…never had a chance. I felt really badly for that mouse.

22. You might think you have a right to correct me, TJ, but I didn’t vote for you.

23. it’s soo cute that the kitteh was afraid of the mouse

24. Robbie – oh poor mousie! :-(

Miss Katharine here is like “Ooh! A mousie! Well, I’ll just touch it. And if nothing happens maybe I can play with it! But what if it jumps at me? Oh deary me! Whatever shall I do?” *pat, pat, pat*

25. “On Golden Paw”

26. That cat is so cute! It’s like he’s never seen a real mouse before. Reminds me of Neko the Kitty: (warning: pg-13 webcomic.) :-)

27. Aaaw, cute and funny! I love the kitty’s nose =)

28. Someone’s playing with his food … ;)

29. Oops, that was supposed to be “Someone is playing with HER food…”

30. I am so scared for that little mouse!

31. ThreeCatNight says:

“Oh, the calla mousies are in bloom today. Such charming creatures, rally they are. I do believe I shall keep this little fellow and call him ‘Spensah’. Adorable, ra-thuh! Little fellow, you will be my knight in shining armor!”

32. Love the delicate tuxedo mittens!

My Stinky has a catch-and release policy.

33. katharine says:

ah, for the record, it’s KathArine Hepburn. A little senstive to this, being named after her n all…

34. my black and white is named Kate Hepburn, too. What a small world. Of course she would tear that poor mouse-a-licious apart…Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, huh?

35. sharonsch says:

Are you SURE that’s not a baby possum??

36. beenclawed says:

so sad. my cat likes to catch and kill and bring inside. regardless of how long i shreik. she was a stray for her first 10 mos. and i believe that’s how she ate. course now she gets the finest of food, but the predator still lurks within.

37. moistened binT says:

Damn Aubrey and Tony – now I have to change my name! I always saw it transcribed as bink! I just went on dictionary.com and found out it is bint (slang for woman or girl) Bint only comes up as bench!

38. ‘Sokay, I changed it for you.
    ;)

39. Suda Nim says:

Supreme executive authority rests with the kitty.

40. octochan says: