11 on the Applause-O-Meter

[Whispering English accent into a microphone] and he has finished the dance with a bow... another stellar performace by Norville, the dwarf hamdancer. No other ham can come close to his 'Handheld dances' of perfect execution, tail posistioning, extended paw and ear tuckage. Brilliant...simply brilliant. [audience clapping]

11 on the Applause-o-meter

Pixy, nice composishe!

Comments

1. Aww. Perfect commentary. Had me in stitches.

2. It’s so wee!

3. Hahaha! A little inspiration drawn from the two announcers in the Disco Dressage vid, eh?

4. Brak_Silverbone says:

Ballerina hammy!

5. Now if that’s not adorable, I obviously have no sense of what is or isn’t. Lots of “Bravo’s!” from this corner! “Encore, Encore!”

6. The toes! The toes! They slay me! Wee little pink nibblets they are!

7. That was one of the funniest posts you’ve ever done. I read the whole commentary outloud in the voice before scrolling down and when I finally scrolled I laughed so hard! Thanks!

8. O
    M
    G
    too funny
    too cute
    i just died

9. NebraskaErin says:

I am so getting a tutu for my hammie.

10. Elizabeth B. says:

He puts everything into his art, and it shows. Bravo!

11. It looks like an old fashioned elaborate bow! Man, those are cute toes……

12. The tail stubtitude is just too moiche. I am slain.

13. flashdance or footloose?

14. The toes!!!! *faints from cuteness*

15. Strictly ballroom, In Awwwe.
    ;)

16. Whatever you do, don’t applaud with the hammie in your hand! You’ll squish him!

17. Rodolfo Telles says:

Fuzzy, helpless and small. A definition of cuteness.-Woods Walker

18. Anyone remember Angelina Ballerina? It was one of my favorite books as kid :-)

19. Oh. My. Sweet. Fuzzy. Goodness. The Toes!!! So miniscule & dainty! Too wee even for the nibblinz! That pinkie toe! I’ve never seen one smaller. I shall die now.

20. that must be the tiniest ball of explosive cuteness that i have ever seen! I guess cute can come in all sizes of packages . http://www.cutepetopia.com

21. That little extended foot and teensy toes are just killer.

22. Laurie C…. good point! Hee!

This little fella is just oh so graceful! I’m visualizing him in spandex tights (like Baryshnikov?), a ruffled shirt (a la Seinfeld), and teeny weeny eensy toe shoes! To protect the prosh liddo feetsies, of course! ;-)

23. it’s Hamma Pavlova!

24. OMG I felt my heart just melt into complete mush. The perfect posture the little ears. The foot extended just so. I am in Aww…

25. But Palm Sunday was WEEKS ago, wasn’t it?

26. Finally! Something really cute.

27. misscrisp says:

OK, total thread-jack, but I can’t think of anywhere else I can say this:
    I get SO EXCITED just hearing the music for “Planet Earth”! New episode…now! yay!!

28. VitaminJ says:

Bravo, baby mousie! Balanchine, himself, would flip for that pointe tendu. *applause*

29. michellemybelle says:

Has there ever been a ham that WASN’T adorable? No? I didn’t think so either.

30. heh heh. Good one Aubrey.

31. R. Moore says:

Oooh, good idea, Theo!

Just watched Edward Scissorhands for the first time in YEARS, and now I’m craving more slightly bizarre movie fun.

Although I like to think that this was one of those dramatic modern dances that always make me suppress giggles as everyone around me apparently is in awe of the masterpiece they just witnessed.

32. He has his hand on his knee. *dies*

33. BenPanced says:

“Sank yew, sank yew. Yew air tew kind. Sank yew.”

34. a perfect bow to his public, all he need is a little top hat and it would be even more perfect. That is adorable

35. the_becca says:

Wow, what’s the head-to-body ratio on this little dewd??

36. She is so sweet! Is it just me or would she make a perfect Josephine from Kafka’s ‘Josephine the Singer’?

37. R. Moore says:

Naridu, please, NO MORE KAFKA!

I love, love, love him, but I have been slowly DYING writing this essay on The Trial. I thought it’d be good to take a refresher on Lit. writing. I think it’s sucking my soul away.

38. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Like a Beatrix Potter illustration.

39. A splendid picture and a brilliant commentary.
    *standing ovation*
    Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!!!

40. lauowolf says:

It’s a palm rodent.
    You can carry it around, and it performs all your rodent tasks.

41. acelightning says:

It’s so *TINY*!

Hey, at least now the dancing rat has a partner to perform a _pas de deux_ with – the ballerina in the tutu has to be small enough so that the male dancer can toss her into the air and catch her again.

42. littlelizard says:

That photo is fantastic. Whoever took it has skilllllz, dewd.

43. Heeee. Why am I thinking of the word “swashbuckling”?

44. Swashbuckling, yes! He *ees* Despereaux!

45. Norville, your tiny dances and delicacy are exSQUEEEsite! You have stole mah heart!

46. I think it has all been said, but do note the one supraextended toe. This one is certainly exSQUEEEsite, I am quite in love.

47. by clory i’s ‘im! as io livve und breathe! tha’s the world renouned ham hand danca! *bows* in tha living flesh an fur!

48. zeldapie says:

*Zpie stands and claps so hard her hands hurt. Tears stream down her face. She is clearly moved by Norville’s bravura performance

BRAVO! BRAVO!

*She tosses him a teeny weeny bouquet

49. Oh, the tiny toes. . .

50. Theo, touche’!

51. *neebles ze feetz!*

52. Shannon Johnson says:

So cute, i want him.

53. Dun-dun-da-DAAAAAAAAAA! Batham!

54. Are any of my fellow brits also thinking Tara Palmer-Tomkinson in this years Celebrity Fame Academy?

55. Not That Batman The Other Batman — swingin’!

56. Thank you, good citizen. Nice sword, by the way.

57. Why, thank you for noticing.
    [wiggles eyebrows]
    [swashes buckler]

58. Gosh, you guys are good at that!

59. beenclawed says:

gah! bebeh hammy… so widdle and preshus..
    soft and sweet
    ded of C.O. – it’s a good thing :)

60. Batham = the awesome.

61. OMG Teho, that was perfect. Was that the sword Inigo Montoya’s father made for the six-fingered man?

62. He needs a big swooshy plumey hat now.

63. Any minute he will twirl his whiskers and explain how is honor is in no way marred by being picked up… Thanks Theo, Narnia is my favorite.

64. I CANNOT take the extended toe. It is KEEELING me! Must soft-scronch!

65. shelsy penman says:

Awwwww… i like dat picture so dis is 1 of ma top 3 pictures cuz it is like so cute… lol

66. Reminds me of Angelina from one of my favorite children’s books.

67. * Reply to thread jack from misscrisp…

YES!! Isn’t the music on the Planet Earth episodes amazing !? I watched a ton of episodes on Sunday, which amazingly enough was Earth Day! Plus, Sigourney Weaver has the most amazing nararative voice ever!

…end of reply to thread jack by misscrisp*

68. …did i really just use the word “amazing” three times in one paragraph?

Amazing.

69. Drama queen. :)

70. That is the cutest picture I think I’ve ever seen! Thank you for posting it!

71. 3 words: Cutest. Hammie. Ever. He’s so miniscule and scrawny. HE IS ANERABLE!

72. holy cute, i know them! I’ve nuzzled that hamster!