Introducing: “MUZZLEFLAPS”

People, brilliant sender-inner Maria A. says: this pup comes "complete with ‘muzzleflaps’. MUZZLEFLAPS!!!

LOL, Peeps! Faw realsz. Just need little silver women sillouette on thar.

Muzzleflaps

There needs to be a name for Cocker Spaniel toupées too, Maria.

Comments

1. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Hairy Mclairy.

2. leprechaun says:

Looks like he/she’s waiting for master to return. Awwwr ^__^

3. The white toupee-ish part reminds me of Meryl Streep’s hair in Devil Wears Prada. So white. so wavy, so cleaaan. =D

4. Awww, my schnauzer has muzzleflaps of pure floof. :)

5. Tiffany…it DOES look like Meryl’s hair! Hee! He’s like “Moooooommy?!? Are you down there? Can you bwing me some ‘o dose Milk Bone cookies pwease?!? No, I’m toooooo tired to come ALL the way downstairs. Puh-LEEEEZE??? I’ll be yo bes’ fwen’!?! Moooooom?!?”

6. boxerowned says:

we call our boxer’s thingies “doodleflaps”. i think it evolved from learning about dewlaps–is that their official name or does that name some other fabulous dog-part? i can’t remember. anyway, when our boxer gives himself a shake they whap the sides of his head rhythmically. it’s good times.

7. I would say this dude has a “Mutt-lett.” You know, “business in back, party up front.”

8. “Mutt-let”! I love it. Other dogs have toupees too. Like springer spaniels with that curly topknot/bouffant thing. Or is the springer I know just weird? He looks like he should be in a boy band.

9. Rosalynde says:

At first this pupperton reminded me of Lady from “Lady and the Tramp,” but I think she/he is actually rockin’ a Peg thing . . .

10. Cockertoups?

11. Ahaha. I love the way the muzzleflaps hang. Such a lady.

12. zeldapie says:

She has quite the widow’s peak! Ha!

Such loverly muzzleflaps, too. Sigh.

13. luvinmalssomuch says:

Bad toupee job. All he needs is a pair of glasses.
    Sooooo funny cute.

14. maybe if she flaps em really hard she can fly down and git her own milkbones.

15. awww smooshy punum!!!

16. floppycat says:

We always called our great dane’s muzzleflaps “blubbers.” He had such cute li’l blubbers. Well, maybe not li’l…
    I loved to squoosh them.

17. Tina Rhea says:

I’ve been told that the standard for really spectacular muzzleflaps, such as those on bloodhounds, is whether the dog can hold a can of beer crossways in its teeth and you can’t see the can.

18. sometimes i tell my husband, “i feel floppy.” now i have a picture to illustrate my point!

19. cuuuuuuuuuute puppers!

20. kel13123 says:

zey weel never recognize me wiz zis brilliant disguise…BAHAHAHAHA

21. Reminds me of my old cocker spaniel, Amber (cause she was golden all over). She was the happiest dog ever….sigh.

22. Yitzysmommie says:

Muzzleflaps – Doodleflaps
    hee hee hee, love ‘em both.

23. It has earfluff! Its fur is almost curly.

24. We call it frab!

Grab the frab. :3

25. Yay! Thanks, Meg!

I must give credit to my friend Susie. Here’s her Flickr account and the original URL:

The pup’s name is Lucy, and she gets so excited every time she sees Susie that she pees. :)

26. Chrissie says:

‘toupaniel’

27. danielle says:

My cocker spaniel totally has Donald Trump hair. His muzzleflaps are called his Richard Nixon cheeks.

28. I’m sure it’s just me, but this reminds me of the album cover for the Beatles/1967-1970 album.

29. Hornk — maybe just 1/4th of it.

30. We called my aunt’s cocker spaniel’s toupee his “cocker top”

31. Brak_Silverbone says:

If the wind caught this pup’s extravagant muzzleflawmps (how’s THAT for a new word?) and big floofy ears just right, he’d fly away! We could attach a string to his collar and have a cocker spaniel kite!