Mo’ ‘tocks, Mo’ problems

WHAT is going ON!?

Could there be MORE duck ‘tocks on this site today? [Say in Chandler voice]

Mo_tocks

The answer is none! None more ‘tocks!

Thanks (I think) to verushka26, lover of waterfowl, and who took this in Vancouver, B.C.

Comments

1. Yitzysmommie says:

OY!! It’s Tocks Overload today! I am getting tocksic…..

2. I submitted too! :D

3. In 1963, the birds attacked people. This generation just moons people.

It’s backfiring. We like it.

4. thats tocking awesome!

5. WTD? Is Tocksday, or what? I think we need some clarification here. Please?

6. Cause if it *IS* Tocksday, that would be spectockular.

7. Actually if Chandler said it… it would be emphasized like this… “Could there BE … anymore duck ‘tocks on this site today???”

8. heather s., you beat me to it. we can’t be mis-representin’ the bingster here!

(did i just type that? really?)

*skips off*

9. you guys r silly says:

Chandler would put the emphasis on the word “be”, not the word “more”. THAT’s the way he’d be tockin’ about it…&:o)

10. Did you know they sell duck ‘tock decoys? I keep considering asking for them for my birthday, so I could have ducktocularity all the time, in my very own house.

Duck ‘tocks on the mantle! Duck ‘tocks on the kitchen floor! Duck ‘tocks in the bathtub! Yaaaay!

11. you guys r silly says:

oh my god! (said ALSO in Chandler’s voice…)
    Heather S., DLT and ME — GREAT MINDS! &:o) (or addled minds…can’t tell fer sure…)
    * skips off with DLT *
    &:o)

12. you guys r silly says:

Lemur — it’d be even funnier to have a duck tock decoy floatin’ in your toilet…&:o)

13. “do these feathers make my butt look big?”

14. Ducks do not have buttocks, they have tail feathers.

15. you guys r silly says:

For the purpose of THIS conversation, Chris — birds got tocks.

16. well, geez, chris – the tail feathers have to be attached to *some*thing…

17. Yay, more tocking ducks! I mean, ducking tocks. Aw duck it, I’m outta here.

18. I love all you people!!! I can’t stop giggling……..it’s tocktaculastic!

19. awesome, verushka! I love love love the ducks in central park! Great pics!

20. tock tock tock reminds me of a clock oh darn I have to go to work

21. layla42 says:

“Moooon River…full of ducky butts…”

(I don’t know any more words to that song…but it fits!)

22. Laurie C says:

“Tocks” is great, but I just love the term “duck butts”.

23. But if it were a chandler voice, the emphasis would be on BE not MORE ;)

Very cute duckies, though

24. They look like synchronized swimmers! Priceless!

25. useta hada kitteh says:

I have a song from “The Music Man” going through my head now. It was originally about chickens, but ducks work okay, too. I’m changin’ the spellin’ (obviously). The ladies of the town sing it as a background for the male quartet, while the Professor is trying to distract ‘em all…

Peck a little, tock a little,
    Peck peck peck,
    Tock a lot, tock a little more…

26. janipher says:

if that was supposed to be in a chandler voice, the “BE” should be capitalized! .. you put the right em-PHA-sis on the wrong sy-LLAB-le (said like ben stiller — i think it was him who said it)

27. do i see the ducky’s butt quack? (sorry. had to say it.)

28. …and bright orange hocks!

(to rhyme with ‘tocks).

+, BWAHAHA Deckard Canine!

29. Martha in Washington says:

Cheep cheep cheep
    tock alot peck a little more ;)

30. Martha in Washington says:

useta- we love that movie at our house. Both of my sons play the trombone (Seventy-six Trombones lead the big parade!)and my oldest was in a community theater production of it. Thanks for reminding me, we haven’t watched it in a while.

31. Alice Shortcake says:

Careful, folks. We must not let our appreciation of animal ‘tocks pass the fuzzy boundary of anal fixation.

32. ThreeCatNight says:

And yet more ducktocks…
    Have they no shame?
    (Guess not)

33. Along side the random “music man” theme:

Tocks, oh we got ‘tocks,
    Right here in Qte City!
    With a capital “T”
    That rhymes with “D”
    And that stands for Ducks,
    That stands for Docks.
    We’ve surely got ‘tocks!
    Right here in Qte City,
    Right here!

34. Hahahaha, looks like everyone already beat me to the Chandler correction.

35. Could there BE anymore Chandler corrections?

Love this! Love the ducktocks. We had Toesday and now Tocksday!

36. love the “none more” spinal tap reference.

37. R. Moore says:

Eee! You guys start talking about Moon River AND The Music Man?

I have both the Breakfast at Tiffany’s and The Music Man soundtracks. I’m a total geek. But if you ever have to walk late at night in an iffy area of town, singing standards and musicals will keep you safe. Especially if you sing as well as I do :P (Actually, Poisoning Pigeons in the Park also keeps the baddies away–they think you’re worse off than them!)

38. R. Moore–Poisoning Pigeons in the Park?? Are you kidding? *laughs*
    I love that song!
    Throw in a little Masochism Tango and you’ve got yourself a party!

39. Great, now I will be singing random bits of “The Music Man” all night… this could get really embarrassing! I’m not even going to TRY explaining… :D

40. more ‘tocks!!! ackkkkkkkk

41. Ducktock, oh we got ducktock,
    Right here in River City!
    With a capital “D”
    That rhymes with “B”
    And that stands for Butt,
    That stands for duckbutt.

42. candycane says:

soooo proshly cute
    love it dalllling

43. Now this is what I call a real ducking pond.

44. The British call this “bottoms up” !
    P.S. I’m no Brit,but I do like the expression!

45. acelightning says:

What the duck? Suddenly everyone’s going for a 1950s DA hairstyle? (No, children, that does *not* stand for “District Attorney”!) What will be the tail end of this tale?

46. Duck ‘tock poetry, from WAY back(1908!):

`Ratty,’ said the Mole suddenly, one bright summer morning, `if you please, I want to ask you a favour.’

The Rat was sitting on the river bank, singing a little song. He had just composed it himself, so he was very taken up with it, and would not pay proper attention to Mole or anything else. Since early morning he had been swimming in the river, in company with his friends the ducks. And when the ducks stood on their heads suddenly, as ducks will, he would dive down and tickle their necks, just under where their chins would be if ducks had chins, till they were forced to come to the surface again in a hurry, spluttering and angry and shaking their feathers at him, for it is impossible to say quite ALL you feel when your head is under water. At last they implored him to go away and attend to his own affairs and leave them to mind theirs. So the Rat went away, and sat on the river bank in the sun, and made up a song about them, which he called

`DUCKS’ DITTY.’
    All along the backwater,
    Through the rushes tall,
    Ducks are a-dabbling,
    Up tails all!

Ducks’ tails, drakes’ tails,
    Yellow feet a-quiver,
    Yellow bills all out of sight
    Busy in the river!

Slushy green undergrowth
    Where the roach swim–
    Here we keep our larder,
    Cool and full and dim.

Everyone for what he likes!
    WE like to be
    Heads down, tails up,
    Dabbling free!

High in the blue above
    Swifts whirl and call–
    WE are down a-dabbling
    Up tails all!

`I don’t know that I think so VERY much of that little song, Rat,’ observed the Mole cautiously. He was no poet himself and didn’t care who knew it; and he had a candid nature.

`Nor don’t the ducks neither,’ replied the Rat cheerfully. `They say, “WHY can’t fellows be allowed to do what they like WHEN they like and AS they like, instead of other fellows sitting on banks and watching them all the time and making remarks and poetry and things about them? What NONSENSE it all is!” That’s what the ducks say.’

From “The Wind in the Willows” by Kenneth Grahame

47. One Dyed Daruma says:

Probably no one will see this cuz it’s so late – but these duck shots reminded me of a post card I bought 17 years ago in Paris. I had to find it and scan it…you can see it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/51969267@N00/448740406/

48. hmm duck bum